Site Improvement Suggestions

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tour posters is a good suggestion, which would be a lot of work I guess and it will be hard to find (good) pics for everything. That would be something for a wiki page. The ideas are there, I have a few things in the works but the lack of expertise and/or images is sometimes the biggest obstacle. The pick guide was my first big thing and it look me like 2 years because it was so hard to find people that could help.

About the demo CD's, that is something LPCatalog needs to do. *hint hint*

About the demo CD's, that is something LPCatalog needs to do. *hint hint*

We wanted to create a price range for every item but prices change each year so it would be tons of checking, editing etc. As for the "rarity counter" we might add such thing but on the other hand, well, most hardcore fans/collectors know how much each rare item is worth so do we really need this?

We wanted to create a price range for every item but prices change each year so it would be tons of checking, editing etc. As for the "rarity counter" we might add such thing but on the other hand, well, most hardcore fans/collectors know how much each rare item is worth so do we really need this?

we do and sometimes we dont. when something comes up on the market it'd be nice to do a check and see how rare something really is

You can always ask at lpcatalog facebook page or send an email to us, we'll be glad to reply. Yes, every time.

lol good luck ;) I said this once and my PM inbox for years has had....25+ unread messages. If you PM me it's almost guaranteed I won't reply. Just how it is sadly...too many emails and shit to deal with and social media too.

• 1 month later...

Would adding a field for Attendance or Venue Capacity be of any interest? Attendance might be a little challenging to find, though...

Also, could we work on a symbol or some sort of definitive way of marking sold out shows?

Would adding a field for Attendance or Venue Capacity be of any interest? Attendance might be a little challenging to find, though...

Also, could we work on a symbol or some sort of definitive way of marking sold out shows?

I like both ideas! Even though this info would be available for select shows only, it's still a nice info to show to users. Sometimes I'm interested in such kind of info and have to google it.

Sure it's interesting, we might figure it out for only like 10%-20% of the shows since these numbers rarely get published.

Omar's guide has some numbers for older shows, the complete Honda Civic Tour numbers were published somewhere too I think. I have some tour books that lists the capacities for many venues. Otherwise we have to research the numbers for almost every show individually. I think we should turn this into a group project where others can help find numbers and submit them.

I like the system that Mark suggested, it could look something like this:

Attendance/Capacity: 4,000 (6,000)

How would we do it if a show was sold out? If we have only one of the numbers, should it list only one of them? All this stuff needs to be figured out to make it happen database wise.

How would we do it if a show was sold out? If we have only one of the numbers, should it list only one of them? All this stuff needs to be figured out to make it happen database wise.

Since capacity is easier to find out, maybe it should be vice versa:

Capacity/Attendance: 6,000 (4,000)

For the field itself we can have drop down menu with three options: "Capacity", "Attendance" and "Capacity/Attendance", the same as we have for the Event/Festival field.

Sold out shows should looks like this in my opinion:

Capacity/Attendance: 6,000 (Sold Out)

That way it'll be searchable, unlike "6,000 (6,000)".

I recommend you make a huge project list in a Google Drive doc, or even in the forum for a few pages. Let users contribute. Before we start implementing this. Imagine if we started adding it and we only got a few tours done...

I already started to work on the code for the site, i have it 90% figured out, there's one issue I wasn't able to solve yet.

In the meantime I opened a topic with a google doc to collect the numbers, it will be lot a work. I already added some numbers from the itineraries I have and will add more in the coming days.

It would be great if we had access to official records or anything like that, that could help with this. I saw something like that for the Honda Civic Tour so that has to exist for all the other big tours as well, somewhere...

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not quite a site improvement but I didn't knew where else to post it.

I think there are a couple people left that remember the glorious IRC times. Maybe it is time to bring back a proper LPLive chat.

I thought a while about a proper solution since IRC is "ancient" technology for most people and to be honest, it's really not up to modern standards anymore. Good thing is, there are quite some modern "IRC replacements". One of them I use a lot is Slack: https://slack.com/

I am using it at work, for open source projects and for some other things and I had a great experience so far and I think it would fit perfectly for a LPLive chat. Maybe it could even be used across multiple fansites (e.g. LPAssociation) with own and shared channels.

If there would be interest, I would volunteer for setting up and administering a Slack team. Since Slack normally works per invitations, third party tools are needed so people can register themselves. I would also be glad to provide these tools and host them on my own cost.

So basically there is nothing you guys have to do, than posting a link :-D

• 1 year later...

Have you guys considered creating a drop down for Mike Shinoda's live show pages?

Splitting Mike from the "Related Acts" section was awesome, but now that Mike is seemingly poised to tour possibly into 2019, what if you guys had a drop down under his name, where the "guest appearances" were their own page (similar to the "Guesting" page for LP), 2018 was its own page. 2019 would be its own page, etc.?

Just a suggestion that could help with organization as the MS tour dates start adding up. :)

Edited by Justin