Site Improvement Suggestions

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not something too hard (or requires any coding) - a thread in these subforums for new Sources/Show Notes? I know that's what the 'Submit Site Corrections' thread is for but I think somethings get overlooked because it's so compact with various things.

• 2 weeks later...

Official Live Releases - Chester Bennington

Family Values Tour 2001 CD (Family Values Tour 2001 - unknown show)

- Wonderful [Feat. by Stone Temple Pilots]

Edited by Skipees

Official Live Releases - Chester Bennington

Family Values Tour 2001 CD (Family Values Tour 2001 - unknown show)

- Wonderful [Feat. by Stone Temple Pilots]

I say make one page to list all the Chester, DBS and FM official live releases. We only have this song by Chester and 1 show by Fort Minor.

I say make one page to list all the Chester, DBS and FM official live releases. We only have this song by Chester and 1 show by Fort Minor.

"Official Live Releases - Related" that's an option. we are not gonna see another FM/DBS (live) releases soon/at all, so we can group them all to one page.

this has probably been said before, but I keep seeing stuff in source notes like "released in LPL in 2009" etc...

I know things like She Couldn't, Camden '04 are listed on the homepage, but can we have all the other stuff listed somewhere too? even if we can't host it, it'd be nice to have an list of LPL exclusives in a topic that links to these threads so they're easy to find. especially considering most of the ROTW threads are long dead.

I'm not sure how that would work in terms of a ton of old threads being revived by re-up requests, but... yeah, I'm not sure how to finish that sentence...

In response to this, I made a "LPL Exclusives" area of the forums under Downloads. Go check it out.

Not something too hard (or requires any coding) - a thread in these subforums for new Sources/Show Notes? I know that's what the 'Submit Site Corrections' thread is for but I think somethings get overlooked because it's so compact with various things.

I can make threads for that sure. Submit Site Corrections got a lot more crowded with info than we originally thought. I think it'd be good to have "Submit Source Corrections Here" and "Submit Show Corrections Here". Sound ok?

I know a lot of people are going to disagree with this (I always see a lot of people complaining about the Julien-K stuff on the site) but here's an idea I had:

- A live page for Grey Daze AND Waterface.

I mean, they were the same band (just like Xero, Hybrid Theory and Linkin Park are the same).

After Dave and Jodi joined the band they kept the name "Grey Daze" for a while and even played songs from the album ...No Sun Today.

- A live page for Styles Of Beyond.

They were a part of Fort Minor, just like Julien-K was a part of Dead By Sunrise.

I think by taking on Julien-K we have accumulated so much dislike towards that idea that I don't think we'd ever expand on to that. Grey Daze dropping Chester means there's no LP member in the band anymore. But I do understand the SoB argument, they were in FM like JK was in DBS. It's something we can look into for the future but adding it to the next site version right now wouldn't be worth the hassle.

I can make threads for that sure. Submit Site Corrections got a lot more crowded with info than we originally thought. I think it'd be good to have "Submit Source Corrections Here" and "Submit Show Corrections Here". Sound ok?

That would be more efficient, yeah. Sounds cool.

Yes, we will have that information soon. We don't want to publicly say it right this second in case we don't meet it. Of course we have an internal deadline and if we are getting very close to it and are almost done, we will post about it. Definitely this year though, but we of course hope much sooner than the end of the year.

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopi...st&p=189795

Also, I think I'm finally back. During my absence in LP community, I was lucky enough to obtain over the dozen exclusives for Stone Temple Pilots community including unreleased demos, live recordings, music videos and interviews. I'm not sure if any of this is possible in Linkin Park world, but If I will be able to be at least 10% as helpful, it would be great.

Edited by LESTAT

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopi...st&p=189795

Also, I think I'm finally back. During my absence in LP community, I was lucky enough to obtain over the dozen exclusives for Stone Temple Pilots community including unreleased demos, live recordings, music videos and interviews. I'm not sure if any of this is possible in Linkin Park world, but If I will be able to be at least 10% as helpful, it would be great.

Any shows with Chester? :)

Actually I wanted to ask the same. There are a couple STP shows with Chester on Dead & Bloated we don't have yet, for example:

-Washington, DC 18.10.2001

-East Rutherford, NJ 24.10.2001

-Buffalo, NY 28.10.2001 (Video? if that exists)

-Dallas, TX 06.11.2001

Any shows with Chester? :)

No, unfortunately, not.

Actually I wanted to ask the same. There are a couple STP shows with Chester on Dead & Bloated we don't have yet, for example:

-Washington, DC 18.10.2001

-East Rutherford, NJ 24.10.2001

-Buffalo, NY 28.10.2001 (Video? if that exists)

-Dallas, TX 06.11.2001

The whole Family Values tour thing is something I really need to sink my teeth in. I never had a chance to sit and work on this mess. I'm sure Chester didn't come out on some of these shows we listed. That is definitely in my to-do list. On a related note, I'm 99.9% sure that "Wonderful" from the Family Values CD is a studio recording in a bad disguise.

And Cleveland, OH 11.10.2001. I have a broken .ram file from a website with Dead & Bloated from that show. Not sure what the source is.

Interesting. Are you sure Chester performed on that show? Are you sure the file wasn't mislabeled?

It's not in our Chester's live list. And the fact that there was/is a recording of the Cleveland show is pretty shocking in itself, because there were some really rare songs in STP set.

It's possible it was mislabeled but I will check into this. I'll find out where the file came from. Fifek and I stumbled across it in like 2008.

Yes I agree about Wonderful. More info on that would be great.

It's possible it was mislabeled but I will check into this. I'll find out where the file came from. Fifek and I stumbled across it in like 2008.

Yes I agree about Wonderful. More info on that would be great.

I'm starting to work on the whole Family Values question tonight. I'll post everything I have in one big post once I'll finish.