Site Improvement Suggestions

Mark, i guess Soul talking about upload them to lplive server, not to other sites.

This doubles as a question; why not add download links for sources (Besides Source 0's) in the show pages of certain shows? The 30 second samples are there, why not the full show? Would that take up too much space?

1. the space thing is only the first issue

2. backup too

3. updates/changes - only admins?

4. mistakes

5. if you do that the forum will be empty

6. show pages are open for all, to see the downloads sections you must log in. (i'm not even talking about to enter them, only for seeing them you must to log in.)

i'm sure there's more

Edited by Skipees

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats true. Valid reasons :P

Another thing I just thought of (might have been mentioned before)

A page for interviews and specials? Like a list of all interviews the band has done/specials that have been released

Thats true. Valid reasons :P

Another thing I just thought of (might have been mentioned before)

A page for interviews and specials? Like a list of all interviews the band has done/specials that have been released

too late :P

-maybe "documentary's" part for LPTV, LPUTV, interviews, behind the scenes, making of the music video/album. watch links and discussions. (i can take care of this part).

Edited by Skipees

I think there's already a list of magazine articles over on LPA (but god knows, I can't find it for the life of me), but yeah radio interviews, TV specials etc would be cool to have somewhere, even if it's just one of those nice big forum posts :D

there's a chance to update us for changes in the show pages that we not suggest and made by staff?

"Submit Site Corrections Here" can be used for this. (at least Sources updates.)

i know that in the past was "Site Updates By Staff" but it's close for a long time.

Edited by Skipees

On the way to work today I was thinking about updating my trading list with audio shows, and I thought that for some people it is quite useful to see only lists of shows that have AUD audio recordings.

You can't figure out which show has an AUD recording from our list of shows for each year without looking into each of the show pages. The only identifier is black color, but it identifies all shows with any type of recordings (except DSPs).

My suggestion for the site would be to have a link on each year page, which will switch list of shows to show only those which have AUD audio recordings, or only those which have AUD video recordings, or PRO video recordings, etc.

It can be a list of links for each case, or a dropdown selector.

I made a simple mockup of this idea.

LPL_idea.jpg

LPL_idea_dropdown.jpg

My suggestion for the site would be to have a link on each year page, which will switch list of shows to show only those which have AUD audio recordings, or only those which have AUD video recordings, or PRO video recordings, etc.

It can be a list of links for each case, or a dropdown selector.

+DSP's.

and like the "S", "P" & "T" we already have, we can add - "D" for DSP's, "A" for AUD audio and "V" for AUD video.

this has probably been said before, but I keep seeing stuff in source notes like "released in LPL in 2009" etc...

I know things like She Couldn't, Camden '04 are listed on the homepage, but can we have all the other stuff listed somewhere too? even if we can't host it, it'd be nice to have an list of LPL exclusives in a topic that links to these threads so they're easy to find. especially considering most of the ROTW threads are long dead.

I'm not sure how that would work in terms of a ton of old threads being revived by re-up requests, but... yeah, I'm not sure how to finish that sentence...

this has probably been said before, but I keep seeing stuff in source notes like "released in LPL in 2009" etc...

I know things like She Couldn't, Camden '04 are listed on the homepage, but can we have all the other stuff listed somewhere too? even if we can't host it, it'd be nice to have an list of LPL exclusives in a topic that links to these threads so they're easy to find. especially considering most of the ROTW threads are long dead.

I'm not sure how that would work in terms of a ton of old threads being revived by re-up requests, but... yeah, I'm not sure how to finish that sentence...

It could be added to the downloads page.

There are 50 billion interviews with LP out there, that's just too much work to maintain a list about that, at least or us. Most of them are boring anyway.

List of all the exclusives etc. is already in the works for the new site, it will be all a lot more organized. We just cant host all the previous exlusives on our server, especially the DVD's, most of those were torrents for that reason, but you can get those at lp-bits for example.

Indicators for DSPs etc. are in the works too, we narrowed it down to just a view of these symbols to keep it simple. Having more for AUD audio, AUD video is just too much.

The site updates by staff were more or less abandoned because posting updates about those is even more work. Some corrections are so small it's not even worth the trouble.

The site updates by staff were more or less abandoned because posting updates about those is even more work. Some corrections are so small it's not even worth the trouble.

i'm talking about only new sources, is it possible? this is not something that happens often. Edited by Skipees

These things are relatively easy to find though. Quick search will get you there. Something where more people can see it (not just members) may work.

this is already irrelevant:

List of all the exclusives etc. is already in the works for the new site, it will be all a lot more organized. We just cant host all the previous exlusives on our server, especially the DVD's, most of those were torrents for that reason, but you can get those at lp-bits for example.

do everything,but I dn want any "ad" ticking here all day like other sites,blackout theme,the way "replying comment" looks like on LPA,I'd prefer lpl's comment section,& I dn think there are "rules",they abuse & post 10000 posts on daily basis,I mean "comments",what I want to say is,limit ppl to avoid adding extra comments like "ok",good",hm,nice,haaha",I was warned when I was doing such things by Lgraham,which was a good move,appreciated..

Edited by MrXEROLP

yes to the "thank you" button.

There are 50 billion interviews with LP out there, that's just too much work to maintain a list about that, at least or us. Most of them are boring anyway.

we could just list the good ones then, interesting/funny

maybe the show pages could have a "last updated" tag, isn't that something that the database could do automatically?