Skipees

[DL] 2003-03-06 Live Instrumentals (Soundchecks) [mp3]

Here are some live instrumentals if some of you guys wants it:

From The Inside - just Mike's guitar
Lying From You
Faint - just Brad's (with some roadie testing a microphone)

Click

One more by lpliveusername: A.06/Shove It

Thanks to Astat for the info (as always :lol:).

Not had chance to listen (I'm at work) but these are the ones I released on LPFuse as parts of the TOTP gig (including the A06/Shove It track).

They're all the same show - from 2003, a couple of days after the nottingham 03.03.03 show.

There's a partial SIB too...

Then there's around 40 mins of the band setting up and rehearsing tracks (including a rude version of Don't Stay!)

Followed by a short gig including 2 versions of SiB and on the second attempt brad's string breaks....

It's a super rare gig and I have talked about releasing a version of it in some form...

Not had chance to listen (I'm at work) but these are the ones I released on LPFuse as parts of the TOTP gig (including the A06/Shove It track).

They're all the same show - from 2003, a couple of days after the nottingham 03.03.03 show.

Then there's around 40 mins of the band setting up and rehearsing tracks (including a rude version of Don't Stay!)

Followed by a short gig including 2 versions of SiB and on the second attempt brad's string breaks....

It's a super rare gig and I have talked about releasing a version of it in some form...

Do you still plan on releasing it?

Thank you very much! :D

Edit:

A.06/Shove It

there are 2 Faint samples :o

nice find ;) Edited by Steve*

Rude version of "Don't Stay"?

whoaaa,interesting. :D

there are 2 Faint samples Posted Image

nice find Posted Image

Yeah the faint samples are from them either setting up for faint or having just finished playing it I can't remember. Can have a listen and tell you if you want.

Do you still plan on releasing it?

It's a strong possibility - I just have to be careful as I don't want to get people in trouble and this was a great show. If it does get released it will be done as something special. lpfuse & lplive will work together in some form and make something special about it. It has some unique moments... however what's more frustrating is that it's sourced from a VHS - I watched the video while recording the audio but the tape was never in my possession.

Rude version of "Don't Stay"?

whoaaa,interesting. :D

Yeah - it's mainly in the intro. Chester says 'pull out your titties!'. Then in time to the music mike chants 'f**k'. And just before the song breaks fully he says 'get the f**k up!'. Originally I thought it was a once off, but they do it a second time in the show (i believe once the audience arrive)... lol

The whole thing has the band joking and laughing over. It has brad doing solos which in 2003 were a novelty for LP. There's lots of little gems like that - but as it's a studio recording I don't want to get people in trouble.

I know Nick has been trying to figure things out with you for a while now but he seems to be very busy lately.

Yeah we both have been - I've had a death in the family, and multiple other things going on. I think the agreement is that we want to release it - we want to have it special. We have some fun ideas... but timescales and feasibility is still someway off. Also might make a last ditch attempt to see if I can get the VHS but really not holding my breath...

Also might make a last ditch attempt to see if I can get the VHS but really not holding my breath...

The primary reason I've held off to this point. Shame that pieces of audio and info have leaked out, but unavoidable in today's age, methinks.

I know Nick has been trying to figure things out with you for a while now but he seems to be very busy lately.

Indeed. 3 months 'til the wedding and busier at work than I've ever been.

The primary reason I've held off to this point. Shame that pieces of audio and info have leaked out, but unavoidable in today's age, methinks.

Heck I did the tracklisting for the LPU years ago so it's public. The live tracks were put on the LPFuse as releases with permission of the VHS holder... the Faint instrumental wasn't though... I gave that to one person and I know who that person was, shame you can't trust people. (Don't worry Nick, not you)

So there's plenty of public knowledge about the release - but if we can get the VHS then it would be a truly unique release.

Offer money as a last resort, that helps sometimes, we can definitely help out! I know that sounds kinda "sad" but sometimes that's the only way to get stuff.

Possibly, but I don't feel that this person would take it. I rarely talk to them either - and last I knew it was just sitting there gathering dust.

Edited by Energy

Possibly, but I don't feel that this person would take it. I rarely talk to them either - and last I knew it was just sitting there gathering dust.

Go un-dust it then. If it's VHS, I can transfer it!

Go un-dust it then. If it's VHS, I can transfer it!

If I can convince them to send it then I will undust and transfer it myself (remember it will be PAL). I have a professional VHS from when a company was getting rid of equipment sitting here and waiting for it to arrive.

I've talked to them online recently but only in passing...

Wow this would be great to hear. Sounds really cool. If you need any assistance with funding (if $ becomes involved) just drop us a message and we'll gladly work with you. A joint release would be cool too, if it ever becomes available to do so.