RogueSoul

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 6 years later...

Don't know if anyone noticed that, but in the making of SOTD there is a snippet of the new SOTD version, you can hear it at 1:24. The video for the first time was released in October, 2007. This can mean that they screw up by picking the wrong version (probably a demo version) in that time.

The new version of the song SOTD was firstly released in 2012 on HDtracks at 24-bit, then on iTunes in 2013, then in 2017 on picture vinyl.

Edited by martinez

41 minutes ago, martinez said:

Don't know if anyone noticed that, but in the making of SOTD there is a snippet of the new SOTD version, you can hear it at 1:24. The video for the first time was released in October, 2007. This can mean that they screw up by picking the wrong version (probably a demo version) in that time.

The new version of the song SOTD was firstly released in 2012 on HDtracks at 24-bit, then on iTunes in 2013, then in 2017 on picture vinyl.

Nice find. I assume the alternate mix of NRL and ATL are also ''demo'' mixes, too, then, by default. I still find the other versions of those songs superior.

• 2 years later...

Do you know that iTunes and Apple Music still has an alternate versions of the songs Shadow Of The Day and No Roads Left, those versions are different from the ones released on the Minutes To Midnight CD. Is that was intentional?

Mike answer:

I don't know anything about those, send this to Anna.

Awesome, good job, thumbs up etc.

If right now they can fix this even quicker than the FM censored editions then good.

But you know, some people are interesting where those versions come from, are those were holded for the final release and then exchanged for the different versions the last minute or what was the reson, that even that version of SOTD was used in the SOTD making of? How you can see to be even able to answer that question, Mike would have to first listen to those.

And at least I didn't know that he still don't know about those alternate versions (after that time).

Edited by martinez