Linkin Park "Studio Collection" / Deluxe Editions

RogueSoul

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. The version of SOTD on the Studio Collection is different from the one on the Deluxe Edition! Compare this sample with this sample. EXACT same section of the song, two different versions!

How the fuck does shit like this happen?!

How is the Studio Collection one different from the original?

Buying NRL and SOTD. Will probably get anything else with changes until the stuff gets torrents. I'll upload it to YT Acc. #1 before 8:30 EST.

Also is it just me or does NRL have louder strings in this version?

Edited by Soul

Not really a fan of the Shadow of the Day change. It's too strange of a transition to hear those strings and then the ones that (I'm assuming Mike plays on the keyboard) come in after the first chorus and played throughout the 2nd verse and chorus. No Roads Left just took the formula from the Iridescent single mix, which is stupid since both of those songs don't need their tempo uped and build gradually like they should

High Voltage is not from Rock am Ring 2001, Rock im Park 2001 day show, Rock im Park 2001 night show, Dragon Festival 2001 or Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2001.

What the fuck. Still looking but now we'll have to look in depth. It sounds like an outdoor show. I might be wrong but the crowd makes it sound like it's outside.

Edit: Maybe this show? http://lplive.net/shows/20010809.php I don't have the audio. Can someone check?

Very random, and again so much for no older shows they cant release as DSPs...

I wonder if that track is a mistake, since all the bonus cd versions always had the high voltage studio version together with high voltage. High voltage from london is way better than this. Also it is not labeled as a live track. Maybe they picked the wrong version? Just an idea

Very random, and again so much for no older shows they cant release as DSPs...

I wonder if that track is a mistake, since all the bonus cd versions always had the high voltage studio version together with high voltage. High voltage from london is way better than this. Also it is not labeled as a live track. Maybe they picked the wrong version? Just an idea

Yeah, definitely seems like a mistake for a few reasons.

But here's some trivia! This is the first pre-Minutes to Midnight live track to be released since Faint and From the Inside from Summer Sonic 2006 were released on the What I've Done CD single. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I THINK this is the first Hybrid Theory-era live track to be released since Step Up and My December from PR 2002 were released on the Somewhere I Belong CD single!

Yeah, definitely seems like a mistake for a few reasons.

But here's some trivia! This is the first pre-Minutes to Midnight live track to be released since Faint and From the Inside from Summer Sonic 2006 were released on the What I've Done CD single. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I THINK this is the first Hybrid Theory-era live track to be released since Step Up and My December from PR 2002 were released on the Somewhere I Belong CD single!

Burn It Down Single - In The End

some trivia also "Shadow Of The Day" description from MTM:

Posted Image

Edited by Skipees

No I think he means a pre-2003 track. Like Hybrid Theory ERA live song. Not just a Hybrid Theory era song but during the Hybrid Theory era, if that makes sense. 2000-2002.

Wow at it being Wantagh. What do we have to do to get the full show released?

LP has such gems like Wantagh 01, San Diego 02, Detroit 03, etc and more. Atlanta 04. Tokyo 06. Release some! Those would be the best DSPs ever.

No I think he means a pre-2003 track. Like Hybrid Theory ERA live song. Not just a Hybrid Theory era song but during the Hybrid Theory era, if that makes sense. 2000-2002.

I THINK this is the first Hybrid Theory-era live track to be released since Step Up and My December from PR 2002 were released on the Somewhere I Belong CD single!

impossible:

Somewhere I Belong - 2003.

edit:

okay now i understand you. song from pre-2003 show.

Edited by Skipees

Hybrid Theory Deluxe Edition

Points Of Authority (Chrystal Method Remix)

The quality seems a lot better to me than the LPU2.0 version. Less distortion and less compression which is VERY noticable through out the entire LPU2.0 CD

The LPU 2.0 CD in general is a piece of crap, mastering and overall sound quality-wise. Someone screwed up big time on that release. Shame we'll probably never get good quality versions of Dedicated and A.06.

The best thing we need right now is for somebody to make a quick list of every single change & add-on to all the songs in the collection.

Plus im surprise they didnt add LIVING THINGS !? And along with that COG live, LT Demo, and atleast another live track of the last tour.

relax dude. All the important stuff is in the first post.

EDIT: someone on the LPA, raised an interesting question. read here: http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showth...l=1#post1232507

short version:

That maybe itunes received a wrong master for Minutes to Midnight at the SOTD and NRL contain edits that were later changed / removed.

Pretty interesting theory right there. It would make sense.

I love all the bonus tracks... I absolutely love this version of SOTD, seems like maybe a demo of sorts? Like Plaster kind of was to OSC or something. NRL is decent, but that too seems like the same realm. I think this version of MTM they got may be all different! I want to buy the whole album. Nice discovery about High Voltage...they have so many awesome recorded shows, like Hahninator listed above...I would LOVE to have them... I really wish we could find out what exact year Blackbirds that we got was from. We know it was worked on in 2006/2007 (Making of MTM) but was released in like 2010 with 8BR...

Edited by Geki