22.09.2012 - Las Vegas, NV - iHeartRadio Music Festival

hahninator

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for sharing!! Am I the only who doesn't like the way Mike raps in LITE live? It sounds so much different than how he does it in the studio version. Good performances, though. The band looks badass.

Love this comment.

"

Mike: sing it!!

American crowd: ???? 

"

hahahaha, god this crowd sucks

Also: Is it just me or Waiting For The End keeps getting better and better live? I remember they struggle in the ATS tour. Glad they kept it in the set and made it better.

Edited by Fran07Chile

Thank you for sharing!! Am I the only who doesn't like the way Mike raps in LITE live? It sounds so much different than how he does it in the studio version. Good performances, though. The band looks badass.

I think I know what you mean. I've noticed that in most of Mike's live performances. He always seems to sing the songs in a higher pitch than they are on the studio version. The only recent performance (that I've noticed) where he seems to be singing at an identical (or as close to) pitch as the studio version would be the Sirius XM performance (one of the better performances of LITE so far IMO).

I think I know what you mean. I've noticed that in most of Mike's live performances. He always seems to sing the songs in a higher pitch than they are on the studio version. The only recent performance (that I've noticed) where he seems to be singing at an identical (or as close to) pitch as the studio version would be the Sirius XM performance (one of the better performances of LITE so far IMO).

I do like the LITE SiriusXM performance, actually. I do like LITE live, I just wish Mike rapped like he does on the album version, it's like in an almost entirely different tone when he does it live.

I do like the LITE SiriusXM performance, actually. I do like LITE live, I just wish Mike rapped like he does on the album version, it's like in an almost entirely different tone when he does it live.

Mikes voice is much more compressed and eq'ed on the album version. so his tone always sounds different. I like mike and chesters live voices cuz it is more natural and raw. Living things also in my opinion had a little too much over production...usually i dont feel that way about LP albums but the drums were the most produced in my opinion. Live is just better to me.

also i think this was a great show despite the crowd

It's funny that they played ONE STEP CLOSER to this pop crown and they ommited it at the EMA's in Madrid, and hard to believe taht they didnt played NEW DIVIDE

I especially found it funny how in Faint Chester was much more subdued during the outro. In fact he didn't scream at all, which I figured was intentional for the pop audience. And then during One Step Closer's outro he just goes insane like usual lol.

Mikes voice is much more compressed and eq'ed on the album version. so his tone always sounds different. I like mike and chesters live voices cuz it is more natural and raw. Living things also in my opinion had a little too much over production...usually i dont feel that way about LP albums but the drums were the most produced in my opinion. Live is just better to me.

Thing is though, if you listen to the Sirius XM performance, Mike seems to be singing the songs much closer to the way he sings them on the album (ie, a regular pitch). I guess the change in pitch does make the song sound more energetic in a way... I don't really consider it better though.

Don't get me wrong... they are absolutely my favourite live act (otherwise I wouldn't have seen them as many times as I have, or plan to see them another 7 times next year :))