03.06.2012 - Nürnberg, Germany - Rock im Park

The sixth show (or fifth regular show, depending on how you look at it) of Linkin Park's 2012 Summer European Tour takes them to Nürnberg, Germany where they will play Rock im Park at Volkspark Dutzendteich.

This is the band's fourth show at Rock im Park, the sister festival to Rock am Ring, but unlike Rock am Ring which they played in 2004, they did not play Rock im Park that year. Instead, LP played two shows at their first Rock im Park in 2001. That's right - two shows. Show number one was a regular set (show page here) and then less than twelve hours later they were called on to fill in for Slipknot on an alternative stage (show page here). The second show featured a different setlist with 'A Place For My Head' opening, Fred from Limp Bizkit coming out and pouring beer on Chester, and a lot of "won over" Slipknot fans.

Unfortunately only a few proshot videos exist from the day show at Rock im Park 2001 - what a great show that would be to have in video. Here's a video of 'Runaway', 'Crawling', 'In The End', and 'One Step Closer'.

After that, they had to cancel their 2003 show so they returned in 2007. For some reason, the band didn't play Rock im Park in 2004. The 2007 show (show page here) was cool though - Brad played a new intro to 'No More Sorrow' for the first time, which of course became something big on the next tour, Projekt Revolution 2007. Here's one of my favorite videos - 'Faint' shot from the side of the stage at Rock im Park 2007.

Rock im Park is always a good show each year. Jonas (aka [AndOne]) from LPLive Staff will be there this year! Who else is going? Did anyone get a M&G or is anyone volunteering for Music For Relief?

After Rock im Park, the band plays Berlin on June 5th and finishes the tour with shows in Bucharest, Nickelsdorf, Warsaw, Moscow, Odesa, and St. Petersburg. For the full 2012 tour schedule, click here.

SETLIST:

01. A Place For My Head (w/ Long Intro & Ext. Outro)

02. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

03. Faint (Ext. Outro)

04. With You (w/ 2012 ext. intro; scratch ending)

05. Runaway

06. From The Inside

07. Somewhere I Belong (w/ 2012 ext. intro)

08. Numb

09. LIES GREED MISERY

10. Points Of Authority

11. Waiting For The End (w/ Apaches Intro & Wall Of Noise Outro)

12. Breaking The Habit

13. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

14. The Catalyst

15. BURN IT DOWN

16. What I've Done

17. Crawling

18. New Divide

19. In The End

20. Bleed It Out (w/ Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' bridge)

21. Papercut

22. One Step Closer

Setlist:

01. A Place For My Head

02. Given Up

03. Faint

04. With You

05. Runaway

06. From The Inside

07. Somewhere I Belong

08. Numb

09. LIES GREED MISERY

10. Points Of Authority

11. Waiting For The End

12. Breaking The Habit

13. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent

14. The Catalyst

15. BURN IT DOWN

16. What I've Done

17. Crawling

18. New Divide

19. In The End

20. Bleed It Out

21. Papercut

22. One Step Closer

source: http://blackchester.de/

I doubt a new set comes into play for Berlin, they wouldn't really have time to rehearse anything drastically different, and their pre-tour rehearsals would've probably focused primarily on the set they've been playing. Since this is the show being filmed for the Living Things movie theater event, I think they'll revert back to opening with Tinfoil (that way they have 3 new songs in the set, plus the Until it Breaks verse), and they'll either move APFMH somewhere else in the set or just use the same set from the House of Blues show.

I doubt a new set comes into play for Berlin, they wouldn't really have time to rehearse anything drastically different, and their pre-tour rehearsals would've probably focused primarily on the set they've been playing. Since this is the show being filmed for the Living Things movie theater event, I think they'll revert back to opening with Tinfoil (that way they have 3 new songs in the set, plus the Until it Breaks verse), and they'll either move APFMH somewhere else in the set or just use the same set from the House of Blues show.

if they play HOB show setlist probably they replace blackout with Lies Greed Misery

It seems really funny to me that they went into Sabotage After an Engagement :-D but it was epic (Check Out the Facebook comment for more Details).

And to disappoint some of you guys here: as far as i know Adam Said that the Berlin Set will be Shorter (around 60 Minutes)

Who ever wrote "They must be running out of stuff to do over the bridge" on the facebook status is a legend. I havent laughed that much in a while. Give that man a cookie.

Congrats to the couple. It would be awesome if they were secretly a member here haha.

Who ever wrote "They must be running out of stuff to do over the bridge" on the facebook status is a legend. I havent laughed that much in a while. Give that man a cookie.

Congrats to the couple. It would be awesome if they were secretly a member here haha.

The Guy actually knows lplive ;)

Awweesomme show!! I did the MFR volunteering, (the couple who engaged were also volunteers). It was really fun to hang out with a few LPUers there!

But the show just destroyed it! The band had a great energy and the crowd was also insane! And with this fucking heavy setlist, it was one of my top LP shows, maybe even the top!

Now looking forward to berlin :)