01.06.2012 - Adenau, Germany - Rock am Ring

I almost wish the band kept the whole ATS direction going. This album feels dishonest and rushed, I don't like LP only taking 1 year for an album, they need like 2 to 3 years to deliver something awesome.

I knew it. As soon as LP announced they would have a new record out this summer, I knew people who wouldn't like the album would say this. Exactly this. The whole "It was too soon to make a new record, they rushed the process, they should have taken more time to make something more awesome".

First, if LP members think this album is good enough to be released, I don't see why they should take more time to rewrite songs again and again. It would just lead them to "overthink" a song for the sake of it, and THAT would be dishonest.

Second, you're being negative about the whole record while you have only heard 2 songs (well, 3 with Tinfoil). 3/12. The 9 other songs must be irrelevant.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I was at live at Linkin Parks Show 2007 and 2012. Yes the crowd 2007 was much better. I don't know why. The set was great all people say they loved the Songs linkin park played....

I enjoyed the Show. But sure the crowd was bad :(

Maybe a reason is that the band doesn't speak a lot to us. The Hives rocked the Alternastage so I don't think it's only the crowed.

Somebody put it best on a youtube comment, Sleep Am Ring. That crowd should be ashamed of themselves. I wouldn't ever play that festival again.

You can't blame only them though... the lineup yesterday was pretty weak and the acts were pretty irrelevant with each other. There were too many metal acts to be on the same day with LP. Lamb of God, Machine head, Killswitch Engage,Trivium and Motorhead refer to very different fans than Linkin Park's fanbase. No wonder why most of the crowd weren't feeling Linkin Park's performance.

Edit: Ok fuck what I said, I am watching now Enter Shikari's performance and they are not moving also O_____O Crowd was fucking lame as hell because they were stupid xD

Edited by VavourasLP

Wait...what? People are actually judging the performance based solely on crowd reaction? That's fucking stupid. The band sounded just as good as they have at any other show on this tour, from the footage I've looked at. Were all those club shows from 2000 when the band was opening for Kottonmouth Kings shitty too then? Because hardly anybody gave a shit about LP at those performances either.

Wait...what? People are actually judging the performance based solely on crowd reaction? That's fucking stupid. The band sounded just as good as they have at any other show on this tour, from the footage I've looked at. Were all those club shows from 2000 when the band was opening for Kottonmouth Kings shitty too then? Because hardly anybody gave a shit about LP at those performances either.

Personnaly, I have never said I judged LP perfomance. Seeing the youtubes videos, I'm sure it was great. Energetic, good Chester vocals, ect. I think people are disappointed of the lame crownd, not of the band. Because it wasn't supposed to be a lame crownd, it was supposed to be a freaking rocking crownd. Seeing all thoses guys standing silent while they were all going insane in the past of RAR performance, it sucks very hard I'd say.

You can't compare that to the early 2000 shows. LP wasn't famous back then, hardly anybody gave a shit, but it was more "logical". Back then, LP was just a little opening band that had everything to proove.

Yesterday, they were headlining one of the biggest festival in the world.

Edited by Qwerty18

I have only seen the three pro shot videos but i'm really glad how the band performed. this performance was way better than rar 2007.

i haven't seen so many ppl moshing to BIO and Numb in a while. so stop about the lame crowd thing, we should get the rest of the show....

BAD crowd? no! I was in the first section and everyone was nonstop jumping and screaming...that was everything esle than a bad crowd

Crowd in section A was pretty cool imo, you can´t tell only seeing a few proshot videos...

BTW sucks big time that the band wasn´t shown on the screens

Not the band's fault.

Pooch on Facebook:

"Sorry you did not enjoy it. There are laws that limit the sound level at Rock am Ring. We are not allowed to turn it up very loud anymore because it is illegal. I suggest you get involved with German legislation to change the dB limits for Rock concerts."

"In 2004 there was no limits. 2007 there were some limits. Now you are not allowed to mix above 99dBA weighted. This SPL limit is pretty low for a rock concert, and the result is less impact. Get involved with government to change the law."

I'm also going to make a FUCK WARNER shirt. Just for fun. This is unbelievable... RAR shows are legendary for LP and they are arguable the most listened to shows by LP fans.. Wow.....

It's always so damn easy to blame Warner for all the shitty stuff that happens, since the band doesn't make any stupid decisions right?

LP have a lot to say, probably a lot more than some people think, probably about this too. The broadcasting network stated that the band forbid it.

Also a possible reason might be the GEMA in Germany, the fuckers who block all the videos on YouTube for us germans because they want more money. I also heard that in 2009 the full Rammstein set wasn't broadcasted for this very reason. That would also explain why the rock in rio webcast was only blocked for Germany.

I went the Rock im Park show and it was loud! But keep in mind that the Rock im Park performance was 2 hours earlier than the RaR performance, probably because RiP is directly inside a city so all the headliners finish earlier.

The lineup for that day was stupid anyway, even Beth from Gossip said that. Kasabian was fucking horrible.

Also the screens show exactly what they were supposed to show, mix in the middle and band only on the sides how it's supposed to be. Almost everyone was for LP and not the other way around, so I don't get why people would be bored by LP because that's what they've been waiting for all day.

Also the screens show exactly what they were supposed to show, mix in the middle and band only on the sides how it's supposed to be. Almost everyone was for LP and not the other way around, so I don't get why people would be bored by LP because that's what they've been waiting for all day.

I didn't checked the videoscreen on the side the whole time but I saw some animation overlay on BTH and at the ending of Iridescent they also showed animations only.

Today I heard something about the broadcast mess from someone who worked at the festival. Apparently LP management was there and they negotiated about the broadcast rights for over 5 hours. First it was just 15 minutes, then 30 minutes, then the full show. They wanted too much money in the end... Even Metallica was said to be just a fraction of what LP management wanted. In the end it came down to those 3 songs that were picked by them and edited.