01.06.2012 - Adenau, Germany - Rock am Ring

from what i saw in the stream, the crowd was lame when the other bands played, too, not just with lp. all day long.

edit: wow opening song a place for my head and the crowd is doing shit. they even extended the 'go away' bridge. pinkpop was going nuts there.

Edited by PizzaPino

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will you know that the whole crowd was lame? you cant see much on sckofenlg videos

I can fully understand the crowd who was in the back or smtg cause they werent able to see anything, no video walls, sound was not loud etc etc.

I would leave the show too then :)

edit:

Nevermind, forget what i said lol, crowd was really lame xD but my statement about the video walls is true i think....i would be pissed

Edited by franticfreak

I think it was OK, expected it to be worse after all I read. Crowd wasn't that bad... but yeah sucked major ass with the video walls. Never been at a festival myself, but videoscreens that don't show the band? C'mon... people weren't able to see shit, lol.

I have never understood why some festivals choose to not show the band on screens.

no-one gives a crap about AV if they can't see anything - stupid decision by the organisers there...

I don't think Burn It Down sounds good live. I like the studio version but when its played live it sounds weird.

I generally like studio versions of songs more than their live versions, and I do think BID is better studio, but I think the song is good live as well..

Only three videos up...

A Place For My Head

LIES GREED MISERY (The crowd barely responded to Mike in the beginning of this one...)

The Catalyst

Terrible crowd...

thats the videos of me, thanks for posting though :P

Thank you. Why is everyone saying the band didn't play a good show and there were no fans there? I can see tons of fans and the performance sounds fine to me.

thats all songs they did participate on along with OSC, WID, Given Up and Faint.. otherwise they were really bad.

Maybe the crowd just responded especially poorly to Lies Greed Misery because it's pretty new and, to be honest, I don't think they quite figured it out live yet.

They definitely have the energy in the live performance, but the instruments aren't sounding as full as they should.

LGM really isn't that great of a song, it seems like they tried to make something heavy and reminiscent of HT, but failed. I almost wish the band kept the whole ATS direction going. This album feels dishonest and rushed, I don't like LP only taking 1 year for an album, they need like 2 to 3 years to deliver something awesome. Also, in the studio version of LGM, Chester screams the last chorus, live he doesn't. Why not??? It would give the song way more energy and that is how the song is supposed to be anyways, not just boring singing.

This whole show was a whole dissapointment lol, all this hype.

First it wasn't webcasted.

Second, the crowd sucked.

Worst Rock am Ring ever.

It really was. 01, 04 and 07 were all superior... I feel let down... I think the fans expect too much for a RAR show from LP because of the history..