LINKIN PARK’S MIKE SHINODA ON SCORING “THE RAID: REDEMPTION,” AND HOW IT WILL SHAPE THE BAND’S NEXT ALBUM

Stranger

The interview is very enjoyable but a think this is the most important part:

What’s Next…

"I’m really excited for people to see what the online component of the release of this next record is going to be. It’s not fully formulated yet, but it’s going to be great. I think the art is just going to blow them away, because there is a tech aspect to the actual art of the album that is very cutting edge and to me it’s mind-blowing. This is stuff that without giving it away at this point, I know I have not ever seen this done anywhere and maybe it’s too subtle for most people to get. The average person is not going to be able to look at it and go, I understand that that’s completely new, like not just the image but the way they made the image is totally new. So there’s going to be that. In addition to that, we hope that the roll out of the record has something that can excite the fan base in the way active."

But he will say this: "It’s more than making a viral video. I mean, anyone can make a viral video."