Ana's LP-HQ blog has closed

sckofelng

Should have been more specific. Warner's not getting any respect from Viacom just as from LP fans.

Guess it could go the other way. I dont like either company and i can't really take sides when they butt heads.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have been more specific. Warner's not getting any respect from Viacom just as from LP fans.

Guess it could go the other way. I dont like either company and i can't really take sides when they butt heads.

Well hopefully they can work things out and there will not have to be any channels removed.

wow... I just recently discovered this site (well someone told me about it) and I never felt such an urge to register and post something...

this just seems to me like it is some kind fo witch hunt... but now obviously the witches are lp fans who share stuff...

well, if someone ever need my vote, count me on!

hope Warner doesnt feel like removing all the LP music from imeem.com (even though u cant downlaod stuff from there..)

:blink:

So let me ask this. I'm not up to par with copyright laws when it comes to concerts, but I have taken a lot of my own pictures at concerts that I post on my website and other spots. I have not used copyrighted material, only my own. Now, someone mentioned earlier in the thread that you can't post concert material? Is this just other photographer's material, or concert material in general? What about concert footage on Youtube that I recorded? I understand that I'm not violating a Copyright law, but can Warner do anything about this because it seems that they're taking it a little too far.

So let me ask this. I'm not up to par with copyright laws when it comes to concerts, but I have taken a lot of my own pictures at concerts that I post on my website and other spots. I have not used copyrighted material, only my own. Now, someone mentioned earlier in the thread that you can't post concert material? Is this just other photographer's material, or concert material in general? What about concert footage on Youtube that I recorded?

Concert material in general is copyrighted, but they will not pursuit you for your own photo or bad video recording posted on YouTube.

I understand that I'm not violating a Copyright law, but can Warner do anything about this because it seems that they're taking it a little too far.

The case of LPHQ is pretty different.

Photoagencies live with this kind of pictures, if you can find them for free in high quality, you (for you I mean newspaper and other media) will not pay for them anymore, same with photographers.

And they are not so rich like Warner is.

no, you are using pictures that you created on your website, it should be perfectly legal, whats your site?

Oh, its just a small website that a couple of my friends keep together, I'd rather not post it though, sorry.

Concert material in general is copyrighted, but they will not pursuit you for your own photo or bad video recording posted on YouTube.

My photos and videos are not really THAT bad considering I use one of the best point and shoots (Nikon P80) in the pit. When I took video in Raleigh with my Kodak Easyshare, the videos were HORRIBLE, but the others didn't turn out that bad considering it was my first day with the camera and I was still learning it (Charlotte's . Of course, I know I'm no professional, I just don't want to be sued.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0V60xOW-1k...re=channel_page (didnt get to finish the song because I got caught videotaping) - my other videos on there aren't worth watching, as I didn't upload my really good ones because I found them on a few websites (don't understand why, but whatever)

it is a label thing, for sure, but I'm sure Mike's call would count, even though according to their contract there's nothing he can do. But if he or the whole band would just show some sign of support, WB would see how huge the online fanbase is and that the band supports it. WB should see the wall that they are running against. there are loads of posts on mike's blog, he must know about it.

Personally, given Mike's blog posts I think the band is very much aware of the situation and have been vocal about it behind the scenes. However, I get the impression by some of what Mike has said that they are powerless to stop it. Legally via the contract and copyright laws Warner can take actions it deems appropriate to protect its interests. This isn't anything new, it just irks because LP and their fanbase are so closely connected and Warner doesn't seem to get it. :(

Listen you guys, I think you need to reread the original post.

Ana was contacted by PHOTOGRAPHERS, not Warner. Her site was posting HQ photos that I'm assuming she didn't take herself?

And I'm assuming the Photographers that contacted her are the ones that did take the photos?

If so, there is honestly nothing wrong with this happening. The people who took the pics have every right to ask Ana to remove them if she didn't ask permission to post them.

All of you are screaming Warner but I'm not seeing where they were involved here at all.

I'm sorry about the website though, it always sucks to see something someone put a lot of time into just get taken away like that.

Edited by Xero21

Listen you guys, I think you need to reread the original post.

Ana was contacted by PHOTOGRAPHERS, not Warner. Her site was posting HQ photos that I'm assuming she didn't take herself?

And I'm assuming the Photographers that contacted her are the ones that did take the photos?

If so, there is honestly nothing wrong with this happening. The people who took the pics have every right to ask Ana to remove them if she didn't ask permission to post them.

All of you are screaming Warner but I'm not seeing where they were involved here at all.

I thought the same but she talked about a label thing:

"I got several emails from photographers and a LABEL company, telling me that they are going to find out all my personal information and I will go infront of the court, get fined or even get jail."

Quit putting illegal stuff on your sites and you won't have an issue. I saw someone bring up the Viacom/Warner thing. It was Viacom and TIME WARNER not Viacom and WARNER RECORDS. You guys don't understand how businesses work. LP is getting publicity and while some are getting upset(a very small fraction) the money is rolling in so if they leave Warner(which they won't unless they get an offer from a larger label for more money) they're the biggest idiots in the word.

I thought the same but she talked about a label thing:

"I got several emails from photographers and a LABEL company, telling me that they are going to find out all my personal information and I will go infront of the court, get fined or even get jail."

Even if Warner IS involved, people act like this issue is just Warner being evil again, and it isn't.

This is an issue that is being brought forward by the photographers that took the photos. It's completely legitimate.

Ana if you are reading this, I'm not trying to be mean or cold and I really am sorry this happened to your site :(

I'm just trying to straighten out the people that are saying "OMG!!! WARNER IS TRYING TO CONTROL EVERYTHING BURN THEM!!!11" when in reality this isn't an issue with the record label, it is a very fair request from the photographers to stop using their work. (Though they kinda sound like they were jerks about it)

This is too much. I don't have any idea what Warner's doing.

Too sad these good fan sites have to be closed...

They're just fans.

The pure fact of the matter is that it could have been avoided. Ana said so herself on her site (from 12/31/2008):

I got the warning mails months ago (and I accidently deleted them so wtf) and I just ignored them.

All fan sites have a responsibility to make sure that what they're doing is both legal and allowed. It's up to the owners and administrators to make sure all of their i's are dotted and t's crossed before hosting anything these days and if they receive requests to remove files, they should take them quite seriously.

Even if Warner IS involved, people act like this issue is just Warner being evil again, and it isn't.

This is an issue that is being brought forward by the photographers that took the photos. It's completely legitimate.

Ana if you are reading this, I'm not trying to be mean or cold and I really am sorry this happened to your site :(

I'm just trying to straighten out the people that are saying "OMG!!! WARNER IS TRYING TO CONTROL EVERYTHING BURN THEM!!!11" when in reality this isn't an issue with the record label, it is a very fair request from the photographers to stop using their work. (Though they kinda sound like they were jerks about it)

ur not the only one...im trying to tell everyone its not Warners fault.

Exactly. Guys every site has a responsibility. And you just gotta maintain a site in the laws. The photographs were copywritten by Photographers and even the label maybe. But who cares who is going after who. WRong was done and punishment is coming. They gave warnings so what is the problem here? Warner Brothers fucks up a lot but not all they do is pointless. Everybody is jumping on the fuck Warner bandwagon and not realizing the real things going on and the background story.

To be honest all record labels are going to be going down soon. Just a fact. Not one inparticular and it's because none of them know how to change with the times. It's just how it is. Warner, Elektra, Reprise (part of Warner) Def Jam, Sony, etc etc are all going to shut down and keep losing money and laying off employees. Or realize the mass potential fansites/and online distribution has. People are going to share stuff for free and things like that online period. Is it right? No. But it's going to happen. All labels want to do is send "messages" by punishing whomever they can that provides the most press. It's a weird way of going about it, but thep erson being punished IS BREAKING THE LAW. So why are we mad at the company only? They are trying to protect their product.

It's true. I work for a record label (I won't name it.) but even they are heading down a wrong path. I'm going to tell you all now that the music industry is going to change vastly. And it's going to become a much more indie world. It's bound to happen, I just hope it's soon.