Quick question? Ask here!

DecanoLP

Most likely not Pictureboard, as Mike was asked about it in one of the LPU chats and said he didn't remember much about the song, other than "the part they showed in the video was probably the only good part." Mike's talked about Pictureboad in the past, so if it was the same song, I don't see why he wouldn't have mentioned it by name.

haha i was only kidding, was just interested if anyone knew the title of the song

i've not been following the pictureboard legend ;)

EDIT: and i'm not a member of LPU so, i've missed out on all these chats and stuff...

Edited by LGraham

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does LP personally pick who they want to go on tour with? Or is it done by their management or something?

They definitely have a say. I remember when they were talking about Projekt Rev, I think Mike said that they dont go picking shit bands to make them look better, or pick bands and restrict what they can do (Eg massive drum risers and pyro etc). They pick bands on what the fans will enjoy. And they couldnt care if they 'out play them'.

I think it was in an interview and he was referring to My Chemical Romance.

Didn't Chester once say they asked a couple other bands to tour but the bands refused to play before them? He wouldn't say what bands. I know they asked Muse to be on PR07 but Muse declined because they already had a tour planned that summer.

They definitely have a say. I remember when they were talking about Projekt Rev, I think Mike said that they dont go picking shit bands to make them look better, or pick bands and restrict what they can do (Eg massive drum risers and pyro etc). They pick bands on what the fans will enjoy. And they couldnt care if they 'out play them'.

I think it was in an interview and he was referring to My Chemical Romance.

but maybe that's just since ProRev is sort of like LP's own touring festival, would the selection of supports be different for your average arena tour?

but maybe that's just since ProRev is sort of like LP's own touring festival, would the selection of supports be different for your average arena tour?

2007 Australian Tour, Chris Cornell as the support act. Hes a legend amongst legends in Rock and Roll. So yeah I dont think their too worried.

At what point did the members of Linkin Park earn enough money to quit their day jobs?

I would guess just maybe a few weeks after HT dropping but I expect they would of took some sort of leave before hand for the tour and recording period.

2007 Australian Tour, Chris Cornell as the support act. Hes a legend amongst legends in Rock and Roll. So yeah I dont think their too worried.

actually yeah - if CC was on Pro-Rev '08 and preceeding Aussia dates, then there is a similarity in the (likely) LP selected acts for Pro-Revs and stuff

but maybe he was chosen by management for those aussie dates, and then LP wanted him back out on tour when they had the oppurtunity to pick supports?

either way I'm not hugely fussed - it won't destroy my world view... :P

Edited by LGraham

• 1 month later...

Technically speaking can these songs be considered as covers?

Fort Minor - Numb/Encore (Linkin Park & Jay-Z cover)

Fort Minor - It's Goin' Down (X-Ecutioners feat. Mike and Mr. Hahn cover)

In my point of view - they are covers, because they were performed by other bands. One dude tells me that they can't be considered as covers, because they are performed by the same artist, i.e. Mike in original and in cover version.

Linkin Park - Reading My Eyes (Xero cover) - also how about this? Probably not considered as cover, even though originally Xero had other vocalist.

In my point of view - they are covers, because they were performed by other bands. One dude tells me that they can't be considered as covers, because they are performed by the same artist, i.e. Mike in original and in cover version.

Linkin Park - Reading My Eyes (Xero cover) - also how about this? Probably not considered as cover, even though originally Xero had other vocalist.

Both FM songs would be considered as covers IMO. What comes to mind is when Audioslave played Killing In The Name, Bulls On Parade and Sleep Now In The Fire, they were all considered as covers. And all they were missing was the one original member.

As for Reading My Eyes, Id still claim that as one of their songs.

why dont linkin park play forgotten live now :(

I'm pretty sure Chester said it was one of his and phoenix's least favourite songs (along with Runaway)

plus their setlist has to reflect the new album since that's the whole purpose of the tour

I wouldn't consider It's Goin' Down a cover because all the vocals on the original are by Mike and the FM performance is essentially just him rapping over the instrumental from the original track (Mike also wrote the majority of the song himself in the first place). I'd consider Numb/Encore a cover though since they used Jay-Z's Encore chorus for their live version of it.

Okay, I got another one.

Has anyone else except of Chester and Mr. Hahn pulled off his shirt during a live concert ?

EDIT: Of course, I'm asking for a proof photo or video too.

Maybe the question sound a little bit weird, but I was wondering about that when I saw a picture from a very old show, where Mr. Hahn stood behind his turntables wihtout a shirt. And because I've only seen Chester without a shirt, I thought, this would be a good question :D

Edited by Jats

Okay, I got another one.

Has anyone else except of Chester and Mr. Hahn pulled off his shirt during a live concert ?

EDIT: Of course, I'm asking for a proof photo or video too.

Maybe the question sound a little bit weird, but I was wondering about that when I saw a picture from a very old show, where Mr. Hahn stood behind his turntables wihtout a shirt. And because I've only seen Chester without a shirt, I thought, this would be a good question :D

I don't think so... I can't believe Joe took his shirt off on stage. He was a lot thinner back then, though. Chester used to take his shirt off at tons and tons of show up until like 2010. I know there used to be a pic floating around YEARS ago of Mike with his shirt kind of up in the air so you could see his stomach a little, I feel weird even saying that. Never have seen Brad or Rob without a shirt on stage, but in some old LPTV's you can see Brad's stomach as well a few times on the tour bus and stuff. Dave has taken his shirt off backstage as well at PR07 and in the From The Inside book you can see his phoenix tattoos on his back.

I know they asked both Muse and Three Days Grace to be direct support on Projekt Revolution 2007 and they both said no, TDG's reasoning was that they were big enough to headline a tour that size on their own. Not sure exactly what Muse's was.

I bet Cornell in Australia was mgmt's decision and then LP themselves wanted him on PR08 - Chester said the first time he met Chris was in Australia. Also I think Rise Against and Pennywise were asked to be on PR08 but they couldn't do it. Chester said Manchester Orchestra is his favorite band right now so I bet they asked them at one point or another. Who knows the big list of bands they've asked but I bet there are epic ones on there haha. Korn was announced as being on PR02 but it didn't work out I guess so I bet that's why they were on PR04 instead.

I've gotta give them credit for finding my favorite band though and putting them on PR08 - the almighty 10 Years :D

Masks were worn on Halloween 2001 at Philips Arena in Atlanta. Not sure if those are the ones you are looking for or not.