Quick question? Ask here!

DecanoLP

was halo submitted to the halo 2 soundtrack

Definitely not. The Halo 2 soundtrack didn't come out until mid-2004, while the song was a 2002 demo. It might have been named after the Halo series, as the band were big fans of the first game, but Halo 2 was still a couple years away from being released when the band recorded the song.

I don't know, but if it was submitted for any Halo, I'd guess for the first one because it was released in 2002 and that's the same date of the Halo Demo. But let's wait for Astat :D

I also got a question. I just saw some pictures from Bucket Of Weenies 2006 and I'm wondering what's the ugly shit on Chesters shirt. Is this .. blood or juice or .. what ? ^^ I don't wanna take this too far but he sits under a table and he broke some things on one BOW show .. is he on drugs or something ? I know, he had a relapse that time but .. was it so bad ?

That's Chester's own blood, I forget the exact details of the story but a couple days before the show, he accidentally locked himself out of his house and had to break a window to get back in, and he cut himself up pretty bad in the process and needed some stitches. He wore the blood-stained shirt at the BOW show because he thought it looked cool, I guess.

Edited by Astat

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone should contact Cheez and see if he will release those songs if they're recorded. Surely there has to be a recording if Ryan, Chester, etc learned them lol.

That's Chester's own blood, I forget the exact details of the story but a couple days before the show, he accidentally locked himself out of his house and had to break a window to get back in, and he cut himself up pretty bad in the process and needed some stitches. He wore the blood-stained shirt at the BOW show because he thought it looked cool, I guess.

Not confirmed I don't think but many (including me) believe the demo title for Given Up entitled "21 Stitches" came from this incident :D

Someone should contact Cheez and see if he will release those songs if they're recorded. Surely there has to be a recording if Ryan, Chester, etc learned them lol.

From what I've heard, Cheez is a total douchebag who threatens you with legal action if you attempt to contact him for anything other than business-related matters.

The stain on Chester's shirt is his own blood. He was drunk and lost the key to his Dad's house, and fell through a window trying to break in. He got 21 stitches for the wound, some say the demo for Given Up entitled ''21 Stitches'' was named after this incident. After all, Chester has stated that the song is about his drug and alcohol problem.

That sucks about Cheez threatening to take legal action and shit if you try to contact him...I'd love to hear studio versions of Dark Lover and Beer & Cigarette.

Edited by Geki

Are there any pictures from the famous Orlando show in 2000? Been listening to this show since I was like 13, and I have never seen any from this show.

I found only one photo, taken in Orlando 2000 at the Meet & Greet (I guess) on Phoenix' website.

I'm quite sure, I've seen other pictures of this show but don't know if I'm mistaking or where it was, sorry.

100 % sure it's not Orlando (24.07.2000) because Phoenix is on the pic.

But Scott was at that time till October 2000 on the bass ;)

I'm wondering too, but it's from Phoenix' Gallery ^^

I don't know who posted the picture, or if he corrects this himself .. but this is weird.

I'm wondering too, but it's from Phoenix' Gallery ^^

I don't know who posted the picture, or if he corrects this himself .. but this is weird.

You do realize that's not Phoenix's official website, right?

In addition to Phoenix's presence in the picture (his first show back with the band wasn't until November of 2000), they're also signing a Hybrid Theory album cover in that picture. Hybrid Theory didn't come out until 3 months after that show took place. 100% not the Orlando show.

Why is there no Chester? Are you sure this is from Orlando?

The fact that there's no Chester doesn't mean anything, because there's no Mark either.... (Yeah, I know that we already established that this is post-Orlando show pic, but anyways)

I was just curious since Orlando was the first webcast show of LP. I was wondering if anyone had ever seen the webcast or saw any pictures from the show online. Thanks for clearing everything up though Astat.

You do realize that's not Phoenix's official website, right?

No I didn't until now :D

In addition to Phoenix's presence in the picture (his first show back with the band wasn't until November of 2000), they're also signing a Hybrid Theory album cover in that picture. Hybrid Theory didn't come out until 3 months after that show took place. 100% not the Orlando show.

I was wondering too .. thanks.

So there are no photos (circulated), uh ?

Has any recording of the ''Are You Gonna Be My Girl'' cover by LP from Minnesota 2004 ever been released in any sort of quality??

ALSO, what exactly happened when Ivan the urban action figure came out at the Mountain View 2004 show when Chester says thats fucking disgusting and stuff?

Edited by Geki

just found an interesting vid on youtube, from when LP where known as HT, from a programme featuring upcoming bands. there's is a trailer for the series, and there's another vid of Joe talking about scratching and stuff. it's definitely old since they're playing through the APFMH demo - "i hate when they say that i live for them..." - and Chester doesn't even have his flame tatts yet... (lol at his fucking hair and 'tache too...)

EDIT: i think this is the full segment (there are various versions in different quality, this one just happened to include the clips from both different lockouts and the clip with Joe - type "linkin park lockout" in the search)

2 questions...

what was the broadcast/recording date for this? - it's a live session so you could add it to the Live guide if anyone happens to know...

but more importantly, does anyone know the song being played at 2m40s?

Edited by LGraham

2 questions...

what was the broadcast/recording date for this? - it's a live session so you could add it to the Live guide if anyone happens to know...

but more importantly, does anyone know the song being played at 2m40s?

This was a documentary that was filmed, most likely in early 2000, by Marc Ostrick. The song is an unreleased one that Marc recorded them performing, but never released to the public.

Edited by rav0k

cool, thanks!

pictureboard maybe...? ;)

Most likely not Pictureboard, as Mike was asked about it in one of the LPU chats and said he didn't remember much about the song, other than "the part they showed in the video was probably the only good part." Mike's talked about Pictureboad in the past, so if it was the same song, I don't see why he wouldn't have mentioned it by name.