Jump to content
DecanoLP

Quick question? Ask here!

Recommended Posts

Anyone worked/met a member of the band before? (i'm just asking if someone has unreleased demos)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

DBS related...

Do we know for sure if there are other DBS unreleased demos/songs?

We've seen unreleased titles titles in song boards before:

http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=List_Of_Unreleased_Songs#Dead_By_Sunrise

 

But it's really impossible for us to tell how much they worked on those songs before they were abandoned. Amir told us they might all be songs that were never finished. Some of them could be short instrumentals or complete instrumentals without vocals. Who knows?

 

After Chester died, Ryan said on the Dead By Sunrise Facebook page he wanted to release some material, but then the "leak" of Dead By Sunrise demos happened. We don't know how much unheard material they still have or if they are really worth releasing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lpliveusername said:

We've seen unreleased titles titles in song boards before:

http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=List_Of_Unreleased_Songs#Dead_By_Sunrise

 

But it's really impossible for us to tell how much they worked on those songs before they were abandoned. Amir told us they might all be songs that were never finished. Some of them could be short instrumentals or complete instrumentals without vocals. Who knows?

 

After Chester died, Ryan said on the Dead By Sunrise Facebook page he wanted to release some material, but then the "leak" of Dead By Sunrise demos happened. We don't know how much unheard material they still have or if they are really worth releasing.

Plus, Chester said a lot of times that the chances of having a new DBS album were zero (I remember a Q&A video where he was asked and said "Never!!!") so if the leaked demos are the only proper songs with vocals that differ from the original ones I doubt there's other material... sadly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!

Question about LP now...

Did they ever tell what the ATS cover means?


I remember some discussions at the time when it was released (the mushroom cloud, or a dove).... i remember Mike saying something like "i know what it means, it's supposed to mean this thing... but i won't tell... it's open to interpretation."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

Question about LP now...

Did they ever tell what the ATS cover means?


I remember some discussions at the time when it was released (the mushroom cloud, or a dove).... i remember Mike saying something like "i know what it means, it's supposed to mean this thing... but i won't tell... it's open to interpretation."

https://youtu.be/_g1bHauuQuQ?t=306

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, martinez said:

Amazing! Thanks


Another one:
Do LP's vocals have an ACCENT? Like... the regional speaking accent.

i mean, i'm not an english native speaker... so i can't tell if Mike and Chester have accents. Not just singing, but when speaking.

I guess Chester being from Arizona and Mike from Californa... something must be different in their way of talking, singing and pronouncing words.
 

 

Edited by vinifeijo
Added a new question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have info on the 38 minute source from PR04 show in Hartford, CT? Just stumbled upon this searching through the live guide. I’ve seen interviews from this show, but certainly no “MTV2 PROSHOT” I would think this would get much attention amongst other shows if it was ever released..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ChesterPortalTM said:

Anyone have info on the 38 minute source from PR04 show in Hartford, CT? Just stumbled upon this searching through the live guide. I’ve seen interviews from this show, but certainly no “MTV2 PROSHOT” I would think this would get much attention amongst other shows if it was ever released..

The special includes music videos which were removed from the video you linked. It was filmed in Hartford, but there isn't anything from the actual show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2020 at 7:01 AM, vinifeijo said:

Amazing! Thanks


Another one:
Do LP's vocals have an ACCENT? Like... the regional speaking accent.

i mean, i'm not an english native speaker... so i can't tell if Mike and Chester have accents. Not just singing, but when speaking.

I guess Chester being from Arizona and Mike from Californa... something must be different in their way of talking, singing and pronouncing words.
 

 

 

This one deserves to be answered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2020 at 8:01 AM, vinifeijo said:

Amazing! Thanks

Another one:
Do LP's vocals have an ACCENT? Like... the regional speaking accent.

i mean, i'm not an english native speaker... so i can't tell if Mike and Chester have accents. Not just singing, but when speaking.

I guess Chester being from Arizona and Mike from Californa... something must be different in their way of talking, singing and pronouncing words.

 

22 hours ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

 

This one deserves to be answered. 

 

When they speak they don't really have an accent per se... every state has like an "accent" (everyone knows the goddamn New Jersey accent) but it's really just a small group people within each state who actually speak like that. They sorta just speak like normal white guys lol

 

For what it's worth, when he raps Mike really goes for like... a big Compton tough-guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, RogueSoul said:

 

 

When they speak they don't really have an accent per se... every state has like an "accent" (everyone knows the goddamn New Jersey accent) but it's really just a small group people within each state who actually speak like that. They sorta just speak like normal white guys lol

 

For what it's worth, when he raps Mike really goes for like... a big Compton tough-guy

When I think of "the New Jersey accent", I just imagine everyone walking around NJ with the Sopranos accent. LOL

 

Chester and Mike have never spoken with an accent... but yeah Mike's Compton-bravado influence comes out in his raps sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!
I don't know why, but sometimes i picture Chester with a hillbilly accent. Like if he was from a small city guy going into the big city (LA).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Justin said:

Nah he definitely never had a hillbilly accent. Imagine Chester singing all the time like he did in that one video of Numb LOL

He was great at imitating accents 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we know if Pods is actually from 98? i know Mike say this "There are 3 songs that are all basically movements in one piece of music and it was called "Pods". In 1998, I was actually still in college at Art Center in Pasadena". But i was wondering since both Blue and Slip are labeled as being from 1998 and we know that is incorrect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Diaux said:

Do we know if Pods is actually from 98? i know Mike say this "There are 3 songs that are all basically movements in one piece of music and it was called "Pods". In 1998, I was actually still in college at Art Center in Pasadena". But i was wondering since both Blue and Slip are labeled as being from 1998 and we know that is incorrect

Blue, Slip and, I assume, So Far Away came from a CD Mike found in his closet and, according to him, were the first recordings with Chester. The reason Mike thinks Chester joined the band in 1998 seems to be the fact he was still in college at the time (1, 2), but if I recall correctly Mike finished college in 1999 right after Chester joined.

 

Edit:

Nope, he graduated in 1998:

http://www.artcenter.edu/about/support/storyboard/mike-shinoda.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When i was a kid... 12y/o or so... i started to  like LP a lot and i heard a few things that the guys were kind rude with the press. Rumours and such.

It was around 2003/04 i think.

At the time it got me a little boomed to be a fan of a band with bad guy....

Was this true? The guys were rude/assholes to the press in the early days?

 

Because all i see from them is they being genuenily nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't seen any evidence of them being rude to the press. Check out interviews from 2000-2004, they were always cool with the press.

 

Agreed about Pods, the 1998 date seems legit.

 

The other demos are labeled as 1998 because Mark likely recorded vocals on some of those, but Mike also thinks Chester joined in 1998 when he joined in 1999 lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given how the OML songs had external writers, which affected how the band shares writing credits, how will this affect LPU? Can they put songs from OML on LPU albums (if they ever return)? I'm guessing they will probably have to share the royalties, but these aren't like regular album sales. How will that work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They could try and work out a deal with the songwriters to pay them a flat fee since it's not being released in a very public way and therefore probably won't bring as much money in as an actual proper release would (this would essentially function the same as a work-for-hire contract, just done after the fact). But more likely, they would just get paid the songwriting royalty they'd get paid if it was released normally. LP/their management registers all the songs (even LPU demos) with BMI, and that's who's actually responsible for ensuring songwriters get paid for their contribution. It'd presumably work exactly the same, but management would probably have to manually report the sales (assuming they don't already) since it's not being distributed through any of the public services (Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal etc.). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always wondered if Phoenix gets way less royalties than the rest of the band for HT, since he is apparently only credited as a writer on two HT songs and doesn't perform at all on the album. I would assume so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SFNL14 said:

Given how the OML songs had external writers, which affected how the band shares writing credits, how will this affect LPU? Can they put songs from OML on LPU albums (if they ever return)? I'm guessing they will probably have to share the royalties, but these aren't like regular album sales. How will that work?


They've made it work before with Mark Wakefield being credited on several LPU tracks, Trent Reznor obviously getting credit on the cover of Wish, and Kutmasta Kurt/Motion Man having co-writing credits on Standing in the Middle (although interestingly, there are two BMI entries for that song - an older one that just credits Mike/Motion Man/Kutmasta Kurt, and a newer one that credits the six members of Linkin Park but not the collaborators).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

Was this true? The guys were rude/assholes to the press in the early days?

 

I remember this, too. There was an instance with german magazine "Visions" for example where they reported about this behaviour because their interview with (I think) Mike was cut short by one of LPs manager/press person without the question asked to him being so bad. They wrote about Mike looking helpless to this manager after a question and just a "diva"-like attitude. That pissed me off so much back then because LP always got hate, no matter what. But that is the topic for a long post by itself ;)...

What happened in general was LP being a bunch of young and naive people and learning the ropes about press work. When Meteora came around they were a lot more cautios because there would have been instances of them being wrongly portrait or statements they gave getting put into a different context before. You have to remind yourself that they became one of the biggest bands of their time in LESS than year after the HT release, which, naturally, attracts people who resent you. I think it was around that time when Mike started to give "email responses to print interviews" (see "Get Me Gone") and in general they maybe were a bit more reserved for a while. This might go back to what you experienced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...