DecanoLP

Quick question? Ask here!

I think LP has sampled that turntable sound effect starting at 4:40 of Nine Inch Nails' Ringfinger, but I'm not sure on which song. Does anyone know?

Sounds like it could be a sound similar to the ones Joe uses on the intro of Somewhere I Belong, or maybe the bridge of With You.

On 4/19/2019 at 7:49 PM, Justin said:

Sounds like it could be a sound similar to the ones Joe uses on the intro of Somewhere I Belong, or maybe the bridge of With You.

I think it's the one from With You that reminded me of this sound. Listening again however, I don't think it's the exact same sound

Does anyone know anything about(or have) the negative from this interview(from 00:00 to 00:57) ?

I think it's a sample from the Krwlng.

16 hours ago, LPsMart said:

Someone on reddit has referred to lplive to have uploaded some snippets of HT era demos, how come?

Probably talking about thoose Mpc demos.

10 minutes ago, bruh009 said:

Is "The Madman Returns" really an Mr.Hahn song? And (edit) what is the story behind it?

Nope. Not sure who actually made it but it's been around since 2005 or 2006.

On 8/17/2019 at 11:38 AM, Robrobbsen said:

Probably talking about thoose Mpc demos.

Yeah I guess so but where can I find those? Wanted to check them out but can't find anything about them on lpl

3 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

Yeah I guess so but where can I find those? Wanted to check them out but can't find anything about them on lpl

I hope the links are still online

Is the "M. Shinoda" remix of What I've Done on LPU X considered a demo? I've always thought it was a weird addition to the album considering the title of specifically is "LPU X: Demos", but it's barely any different than the previously released Distorted Remix.

Obviously not all the demos on LPU albums got final releases and most are still considered "demos", so I wonder if Mike just came across an earlier (or maybe even later) version of the remix not even realizing or remembering that a different version was officially released. It honestly wouldn't surprise me considering the alternate versions of Shadow of the Day and No Roads Left that eventually made their way out that it wasn't intended to be an alternate version of the Distorted Remix

6 hours ago, jFar920 said:

Is the "M. Shinoda" remix of What I've Done on LPU X considered a demo? I've always thought it was a weird addition to the album considering the title of specifically is "LPU X: Demos", but it's barely any different than the previously released Distorted Remix.

Obviously not all the demos on LPU albums got final releases and most are still considered "demos", so I wonder if Mike just came across an earlier (or maybe even later) version of the remix not even realizing or remembering that a different version was officially released.

Yes, it is a demo but for some reasons people don't wanna call it like that. It contains a few differences.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me considering the alternate versions of Shadow of the Day and No Roads Left that eventually made their way out that it wasn't intended to be an alternate version of the Distorted Remix

There are some presumptive evidence that something was could happen during the Shadow Of The Day single promotion, that later caused that those demo versions appeared in 2012 on the official remastered releases. I doubt that this mistake was done by Mike, but I consider it as a labels mistake.

I always thought that the song "Universe [2006 Demo]" was mistakenly chosen by Mike for LPU13, like he was forgetting that he give this song to Lupe Fiasco, which he recorded vocals to it with Kenna and the song later became the song "Ressurection" which is his own song.

Edited by martinez