Quick question? Ask here!

hiya, got a couple of questions about some CDs

Underground 2.5

can someone fill me in on a this one? the back cover says it was released in 2003 by EMI, (barcode - 7243 580568 2 2, other numbers - UK: 580 56882), the artwork looks a bit cheap and i'm wondering if this really is from the LPU, or just EMI trying to cash in on the "underground" name (aren't all the LPU CDs relased via Machine Shop...?) it's got some interesting tracks on it, and i'm not going to be really disappointed with it if it's not LPU, i'd just quite like to know :)

Minutes To Midnight CD/MVI book thing

I have two versions of this, one with a grey/red cover, another with black/grey cover - can someone tell me why there's two versions of the same thing...?

cheers guys :)

LPU 2.5 definitely wasn't released by EMI, lol. That's just a bootlegger's poor effort at making it appear more authentic. There are fake LPU 3.5 and 4.5 bootlegs as well.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there any uncensored studio version of High Voltage or Dedicated

EDIT: And if not .. why ? Is it Warner's fault or did LP do this (what would be nonsense) ?

Edited by Jats

Is there any uncensored studio version of High Voltage or Dedicated

EDIT: And if not .. why ? Is it Warner's fault or did LP do this (what would be nonsense) ?

Nope. Warner purposely did not want any swearing on LP's releases for quite a while (Collision Course was the release that finally broke that trend). There's no uncensored Reanimation or Live in Texas either.

Edited by Astat

Nope. Warner purposely did not want any swearing on LP's releases for quite a while (Collision Course was the release that finally broke that trend). There's no uncensored Reanimation or Live in Texas either.

You should someone make unedited versions of those two songs... I remember a LONG time ago, probably in 2005 or 2006, you uncensored ''Standing In The Middle'' and ''Wish'' from the LPU 4.0 CD. That was awesome man.

You should someone make unedited versions of those two songs... I remember a LONG time ago, probably in 2005 or 2006, you uncensored ''Standing In The Middle'' and ''Wish'' from the LPU 4.0 CD. That was awesome man.

Those were pretty simple with the method of censorship they used on LPU 4.0, they just reversed the swear words and stuck them back in the mix, lol. Unfortunately they haven't really used that method on anything else.

I've thought about posting a thread like that in the past, but I always thought it'd be really narcissistic to do so. :lol:

Well you are an walking encyclopaedia. I pitch in when I can but Im still as informed on this stuff then you are. Specially when it comes to the CDs and those things.

• 2 weeks later...

What the? What is this?

Why does it say LPL.net on it?

And why is it being sold on eBay?

"These were the personal collection, in Bill's office. Some of these are prototypes I was told, that have never even been seen, some dates were changed or member change, or etc. a rare item indeed. These were distributed to Concert Venues, Record Stores, Music Stores, Coffee Shops and select outlets."

"I am offering these at a very low start price, these are very cool, but I have hundreds so I can share."

"were obtained by Bill "The Wiz" Wiseman, owner of Wizard Advertising & Event Promotions."

99% sure that this is not legit. LPL user Overkill designed this poster and a lot of LPL members (including myself) signed it on the Europe Tour 2010. I guess the Ebay seller stole the design and printed it himself.

AndOne? Overkill? Do you know what the fuck is going on here?

Edited by JanekZech

99% sure that this is not legit. LPL user Overkill designed this poster and a lot of LPL members (including myself) signed it on the Europe Tour 2010. I guess the Ebay seller stole the design and printed it himself.

AndOne? Overkill? Do you know what the fuck is going on here?

You are right. Please do not buy this. We are reporting him to eBay and contacting him directly.

This is low of someone to do this.

What is the origin behind the song 'Madison' that Mike made? I know it was for the 2005 VMA's...but did Mike record the guitar and drums and beat and everything all by himself? Part of me thinks this was a seed for a very early MTM song since Chester said last year that MTM in the beginning phases was going to be the heaviest LP album.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention, Divided from LPUX is from 2005 and it sounds A LOT like some of the other 2005 VMA beats that Mike did...I think some were FM ideas and some were LP ideas.

Edited by Geki

What is the origin behind the song 'Madison' that Mike made? I know it was for the 2005 VMA's...but did Mike record the guitar and drums and beat and everything all by himself? Part of me thinks this was a seed for a very early MTM song since Chester said last year that MTM in the beginning phases was going to be the heaviest LP album.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention, Divided from LPUX is from 2005 and it sounds A LOT like some of the other 2005 VMA beats that Mike did...I think some were FM ideas and some were LP ideas.

I believe that Madison is nothing but a Shinoda production. I dont think there us anyway to prove it otherwise anyway. Not much was said about these VMA stuff expect they were made just for the show by Mike and that he didnt colab with Lil Jon (which was first thought). They both did there own tracks and had no influence on each others music for the show.

The drums on Madison are programmed, Mike just used a more "standard" drum sound than what he uses when he programs his hip-hop beats. It wouldn't have been a seed for MTM though, as LP didn't really start work on MTM until some point in '06 due to their conflicts with Warner. I think if any of those tracks were things that were being considered for the next LP album, they would've been kept under wraps instead of being thrown in as part of the VMA soundtrack.

• 2 weeks later...

when MTM was leaked, were the tracks at all different to the final release, or were they just the same tracks under different titles?

if it was a couple of weeks before the final album release then fair play...

The tracks all had the same name, though there was just confusion because there were people who labeled songs with different names like "Until the End" etc. Pretty Ironic barely anyone I know actually thought the real album tracklist believed it to be legit. Pretty funny I must say, though I didn't hear a song til I bought the album. WID being the only exception :P

when MTM was leaked, were the tracks at all different to the final release, or were they just the same tracks under different titles?

if it was a couple of weeks before the final album release then fair play...

There was one Leak which was fake. It had some band called trible ink's (or whatever they were called) songs on it mixed with WID to make it seem legit.

Then there was the actual leak where the album leaked a couple of days before hand. Those were the legit songs. Thats when Mike did a blog post announcing it was leaked and he asked if any fans were going to listen to it, listen to it in its track order (eg Wake First, Given Up second etc)

This was the fake Minutes to Midnight tracklisting with all the Tribal Ink songs:

1. Stand!

2. Bleed It Out

3. Get Through

4. What I've Done

5. In This World

6. The Little Things Give You Away

7. Hold Nothing Back

8. Over The Top

9. Promise

10. Real Life

11. Afraid This Time

12. 2 Worlds

13. Until The End

14. Collapsing The Unit

15. We Use the Pain

16. One Perfect Something

Bonus Tracks

1. No Way

2. Feel (Demo '01)

3. Screaming at Space

4. QWERTY (Live Summer Sonic '06)

This version started showing up on the Internet in mid-March of '07. Despite using a few legit track titles (ones that had been mentioned in interviews up to that point), NONE of them were legit, save for the live version of QWERTY, which was taken from the LPU6 CD.

When the actual album leaked on May 4th, a lot of music databases had already been edited by misinformed people to use the fake tracklisting, so when you put the album in your computer, for the first few days the song titles on Windows Media Player would come up as the first 12 tracks from the fake album leak. This caused a bit of confusion for some people.

I forgot about ... .. . :mellow:

Guys, can you tell me about the song My reason.

Who is performs ? In what year the song was released ?

My Reason is by the band Spiritfall, it was the first track on an EP (which was also titled "My Reason") released in 2000. This was the full EP tracklisting:

01. My Reason

02. Slip

03. Going Nowhere

04. From Now On...

05. Lost

06. Missing Passion