Quick question? Ask here!

No No No NO I have just found it! Exactly the same!

Its a Roland GR 500

Posted Image

I googled like 6 Knob Les Paul and just searched through Until I saw a picture of this.

From the screen shot I have of Brad one in BITS, I can defintally match everything, Colour, Knobs and even the pickups!

Pretty damn unique guitar.

Excellent find! I figured it was some type of guitar synthesizer based on all the extra knobs, I just had no idea where to go from there. The closest thing I had found was the Gibson Les Paul Recording model.

On a semi-related note, that's actually the second guitar synthesizer Brad's used in a music video. The guitar in the Bleed it Out video is a 1970s "Guitorgan" guitar (a combination of a guitar and an organ). I had always assumed it was a Gibson ES-345 (the body style, control layout, hardware, and inlays are all consistent with a vintage ES-345), but he talks about the guitar in Part 2 of the making of Bleed it Out on LPUTV.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who gives the background voices in "Session"?

Not sure what voices you're referring to, the only vocal-ish thing I'm aware of in that song is the whirring noise at the end of the track, which is apparently a slowed-down and extremely edited sample of Chester screaming.

Not sure what voices you're referring to, the only vocal-ish thing I'm aware of in that song is the whirring noise at the end of the track, which is apparently a slowed-down and extremely edited sample of Chester screaming.

I'm referring to the female-ish voices that begin at 0.57 into the track. The ones that say something like "Ae Ae"......

I'm referring to the female-ish voices that begin at 0.57 into the track. The ones that say something like "Ae Ae"......

I hear what you're talking about. It happens at :57, 1:07, and so on at the beginning of every 2 measures. I'm not sure if it's a distorted vocal part or if it's just a very electronic sample though.

I hear what you're talking about. It happens at :57, 1:07, and so on at the beginning of every 2 measures. I'm not sure if it's a distorted vocal part or if it's just a very electronic sample though.

That sounds a lot like scratching to me with a heap of delay.

Which notes Mike hit on piano in Radiance live version?

The right hand plays E and F# together the entire time (creating that semi-dissonant minor 7th interval).

The left hand plays F#-F#-A-E several times, and on the last repeat it plays D-D-E-E.

The right hand plays E and F# together the entire time (creating that semi-dissonant minor 7th interval).

The left hand plays F#-F#-A-E several times, and on the last repeat it plays D-D-E-E.

Damn I though the right hand was F# and C# continuing on from Numb. Looks like I was totally wrong :)

Does phoneix still only use music man stringrays and fender precisions on stage besides the z-tar? Also, do any of the band members sing vocals on songs they weren't prior to the ATS tour? I've only found that phoneix is singing the "na na na"s on What I've Done along with Mike starting from the european tour i think.

Does phoneix still only use music man stringrays and fender precisions on stage besides the z-tar? Also, do any of the band members sing vocals on songs they weren't prior to the ATS tour? I've only found that phoneix is singing the "na na na"s on What I've Done along with Mike starting from the european tour i think.

From what Ive seen Phoenix's touring case is still full of Stingrays and Precision bass'.

As for the singing. It was mentioned that now some of the guys can assist with vocals now the mikes are Permanently there unlike previous Pre ATS tours.

Excellent solution. I tried to write such a questions to the Shoutbox, but there's usually soon disappear somewhere on the bottom.

Q: Is it possible to get the posters for concerts in electronic form in good quality? Due to printing and framing the paper - A4 size. Show pages they contain posters, but in poor quality, or shooting from the side, etc. I am interested in the ones you see in my signature.

Yeah, he's still just using Stingrays and P-basses. And Phoenix on the ending of WID is the only backing vocal addition they've done to any pre-ATS songs...so far anyway.

Where does this symbol this disc come from?

Like.. where did it start? what is it.. so on. Its like the lotus flower.

i notice it on the H! Vltg3 12" record cover

That's a Japanese family crest symbol of some type...I forget what it specifically means, but it's found in both the Reanimation and Rising Tied artwork.

hiya, got a couple of questions about some CDs

Underground 2.5

can someone fill me in on a this one? the back cover says it was released in 2003 by EMI, (barcode - 7243 580568 2 2, other numbers - UK: 580 56882), the artwork looks a bit cheap and i'm wondering if this really is from the LPU, or just EMI trying to cash in on the "underground" name (aren't all the LPU CDs relased via Machine Shop...?) it's got some interesting tracks on it, and i'm not going to be really disappointed with it if it's not LPU, i'd just quite like to know :)

Minutes To Midnight CD/MVI book thing

I have two versions of this, one with a grey/red cover, another with black/grey cover - can someone tell me why there's two versions of the same thing...?

cheers guys :)

hiya, got a couple of questions about some CDs

Underground 2.5

can someone fill me in on a this one? the back cover says it was released in 2003 by EMI, (barcode - 7243 580568 2 2, other numbers - UK: 580 56882), the artwork looks a bit cheap and i'm wondering if this really is from the LPU, or just EMI trying to cash in on the "underground" name (aren't all the LPU CDs relased via Machine Shop...?) it's got some interesting tracks on it, and i'm not going to be really disappointed with it if it's not LPU, i'd just quite like to know :)

Minutes To Midnight CD/MVI book thing

I have two versions of this, one with a grey/red cover, another with black/grey cover - can someone tell me why there's two versions of the same thing...?

cheers guys :)

LPU 2.5 is a good Bootleg with some authentic stuff and some fan remixes. So yeah EMI trying to cash in on LPU Name :P

The MTM CD/MVI Has 2 different versions. The Grey was released here in North America and the Black was released in the European Market. I myself have both also. Except I never opened the black one . Hope this info helps you out :)

About the crest: I noticed that like a year back, It's also on both FM Singles on the CD Itself and on Mike's DC Xander's and Pride shoes. So it's not the first time it pops up, pretty interesting Logo to say the least.

Edited by ---Woco21---

LPU 2.5 is a good Bootleg with some authentic stuff and some fan remixes. So yeah EMI trying to cash in on LPU Name :P

The MTM CD/MVI Has 2 different versions. The Grey was released here in North America and the Black was released in the European Market. I myself have both also. Except I never opened the black one . Hope this info helps you out :)

thanks man! i did think to myself "hmm...why have i never heard of 2.5 before?" ahh well, i got it in a lot of about 15 CDs on eBay including some other (real) LPU stuff for pretty cheap, so no worries.

i did guess it might just be different packaging for different regions, wasn't about to trawl through the whole thing just to find some differences ;)

thanks dude!