2011 Summer Tour Wrap Up

hahninator

Having gone to both Stockholm and Helsinki shows, I really don't see why the Swedish crowd was so "insane". When I listen to the DSP's of those two shows, I can't hear pretty much any difference between them. I may be biased though, because I live in Finland myself and didn't get a great spot in the crowd in Stockholm due to the late timing of the m&g.

Ok, that's enough of complaining, LP were amazing - as always - in both cities and I had a good time, especially at the m&g in Stockholm. Phoenix was awesome, I was so nervous (and who wouldn't be) and had to force myself to ask him one question about his Twitter updates and he seemed very willing to talk with fans, even about random things like that. Rob joined the "conversation" too and they both joked about the subject. It may sound weird to be so happy about saying a few words to the members of the band, but to me it meant a lot since I hadn't said anything at my first m&g at Provinssirock in 2008.

In Helsinki Chester and Mike finally talked to their Finnish fans! Things like "You guys are the best f*cking crowd we've played to for a long time" (Chester). It was their 3rd show in Finland. Now I'm still hoping to see them play an arena show here so we'd get to see all the lights and stuff.

Anyway, even though the setlists weren't so special, I bet all of us who went to one or more of these shows enjoyed LP's energy onstage. I miss them already! P.S. W&K needs to come back.

Edited by diff

Having gone to both Stockholm and Helsinki shows, I really don't see why the Swedish crowd was so "insane". When I listen to the DSP's of those two shows, I can't hear pretty much any difference between them. I may be biased though, because I live in Finland myself and didn't get a great spot in the crowd in Stockholm due to the late timing of the m&g.

Well I said that based on the videos of the crowd going off.... I haven't seen videos of a crowd acting like that in a looong time. Chester and Mike were talking about the crowd too during the show.

etc

Overall, I thought it was a good tour. Much better than the first half of 2011, IMO. The band seemed to lack energy on the US tour, and they came back full force in the summer of this year. For instance, shows like Download 2011, Helsinki PR, Novarock 2011, Moscow and the iTunes Festival a few days ago were really kick ass shows. I wish the band would play Blackout more often, especially since Chester and Phoenix like it a lot, hopefully we will get some good performances of it from the Asia tour in the fall.

Well I said that based on the videos of the crowd going off.... I haven't seen videos of a crowd acting like that in a looong time. Chester and Mike were talking about the crowd too during the show.

You haven't listened to the DSP from Helsinki, right? :P Alright I don't wanna start arguing cause like I said, I'm probably biased.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to four shows on this tour, Stockholm being the first - then 2x Projekt Revolution in Leipzig and Oberursel - and finally HAMBURG, which in my opinion was one of the greatest shows of all time. Maybe because of the Summit just before it, which was just awesome!!

Projekt Revolution dissapointed me somehow, but I was expecting probably too much.