25.06.2011 - München, Germany

On the 25th, Linkin Park hosts their last Projekt Revolution show of the year in München, Germany (or as many of you call it, Munich). This will be the fourth and final German show of the tour (the country has more shows than any other country on the tour) and likely the last show in Germany for the "A Thousand Suns" touring cycle. LP first performed in München in 2001 on the Deftones' European Tour (show page here) for their second German show ever. They returned to headline in the fall of 2001 (show page here) and then did not return to the city until 2008. They hosted their first Projekt Revolution in Europe in München in 2008 (show page here) at the Reitstadion Riem. At the time, Chester said it was the largest Projekt Revolution ever. That makes this the fourth show in the city!

I can't go any further because München in 2008 got a pretty rare song live - the almighty 'Reading My Eyes'! Wouldn't it be nice if they added it back to the setlist? Hopefully LP management releases the European summer tour 2008 DSP's sometime in the future (we're still hoping) so we can hear 'Reading My Eyes' and all of the awesome moments on that tour.

Anyway, at the last show in Moscow (show page here), the band changed up a few things for the Transformers 3 Premiere at the Red Square:

- '

-

- The Russian fans held several flash mobs - on

& 'Wisdom, Justice, & Love', and on
("where oceans bleed into the sky"). Even Michael Bay got hit by the confetti! He went into the crowd on 'The Catalyst' to take some pictures and was "confetti'd".

Nice job with the flash mobs you guys! I've personally never seen that at an LP show before so I bet the band was REALLY surprised and happy to see it. Now with that said, what do you guys think of Moscow Intro and the 'Iridescent' remix live? It seems the general consensus of Moscow Intro is "Uhh, why is this not opening a setlist? This is AWESOME!" while the 'Iridescent' remix has received mixed reviews. Which do you prefer? Would you like to see LP keep the remix in the setlist or should they go back to the album version? Would you like to see 'New Divide' w/ Moscow Intro open a show in one of the setlists? What if one of the sets with 'The Requiem' and 'Papercut' opening was replaced with it? What set do you think we'll get for München?

Fans have already said that the crowds on this tour have been amazing compared to previous tours. München will be no exception.

is an interview with LP from 2007 where Chester says that the band plays better when the crowd reacts more to the show. Support for this show will include the same lineup as Leipzig (show page here) earlier in the tour: Dredg, Middle Class Rut, Anberlin, and Guano Apes.

Who's going to the München show at Messegelände München Riem? Is there anyone that has been to all four German shows on this tour? Does anyone have a M&G with the band? If you are attending, don't forget the LPLive Meet & Greet after the show!

On the 26th, Linkin Park plays Imola, Italy for the Sonisphere Festival. Five shows remain after that on the 2011 European Tour. Find everything you need regarding any 2011 shows here.

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Papercut

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. Empty Spaces

07. When They Come For Me

08. No More Sorrow

09. Jornada del Muerto

10. Waiting For The End

11. Burning In The Skies

12. Numb

13. The Radiance (Live Version)

14. Breaking The Habit

15. Fallout

16. The Catalyst

17. Crawling

18. Faint

19. One Step Closer

---------------------

20. Wisdom, Justice, & Love

21. Iridescent

22. Blackout

23. New Divide

24. In The End

25. Bleed It Out (w/ Reading My Eyes, drum solo, & A Place For My Head)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to live original Iridescent. No TF3 single remix! And tomorrow, I would like to see open show with New Divide Moscow intro.

I wonder whether this show will overcome the PR from 2008. I think that hard. We'll see.

I didn´t know that :blink: It is really strange, maybe it will turn out as New Zealand Tour 2007

Yep.

December 2009, Pooch: I asked him if LP was going to release Europe 2008.

"LP is releasing every single show they played on the last tour as a DSP. So shows not previously available will now be available. We will be mixing the shows we have not mixed yet the first part of January so I imagine that those shows will be posted soon after that."

But Europe 2008 wasn't posted for some reason. Maybe it'll get released one day like Australia 2007.

off-topic

but someone know what happened with Mountain View's DSP?

Irvine and Vienna was realsed, so it's strange isn't?

It only happened one time with australian 2010 ones so I think would be released soon;

anyone has information from Pooch?

Edited by LPU90

They need to never play the remix of iridescent live ever again. I wish shows in the states we're this big but oh well. the rest of the world general appreciates good music better then in the states. this is no offense to anyone but it seems like you have to be good to play in europe and in the states it more about whats "hot" and popular.

off-topic

but someone know what happened with Mountain View's DSP?

Irvine and Vienna was realsed, so it's strange isn't?

It only happened one time with australian 2010 ones so I think would be released soon;

anyone has information from Pooch?

I find it odd it's missing too. Email Basecamp about it.

Pooch said at the Summit that as of that day, he had mixed everything thru Stockholm. So now he's probably done with Leipzig and maybe Oberursel. Mountain View WAS up but it got taken down for some reason. Perhaps it's just an error on their part or something. I think an email to Basecamp is the best solution.

It seems the company is really slow though. If Pooch has mixed thru Stockholm then where is Mountain View, Download and Stockholm? lol. Oh well, patience is appreciated I guess. For Australia 2010 I don't know what the problem was, I think Basecamp was slow there too. There isn't an LP-related problem with MV as far as I know or else Pooch would have mentioned it @ the Summit.

Well, the Iridescent remix was -in my opinion- horrible live. I'm not a big fan of the remix itself actually. I like how the song builds up in the album version. The remix just sounds a bit too pop-y. (Not that I have a problem with pop music. :lol: )

And the Moscow intro was amazing! I'm guessing they'll never use that intro again or at least not anytime soon (hence the name Moscow intro) but I like ND as an opener!

If someone is in the M&G, please ask for the band doing a cover of a Michael Jackson song, as the show will be 2 years from the date of the death of "King of Pop". No need to play a whole song, just an excerpt! I think it would be interesting.

Edited by Victor Del Porto

I loved hearing the TF3 remix of Iridescent. The crowd were absolutely stellar in their response to it also - in fact, until seeing/hearing the MTV pro-shot version today, it was almost impossible to hear the song in the audience recordings due to the (quite well synced) crowd clapping :)

So I was listening to some LP earlier today and I was thinking of things they could sing over Bleed It Out. What do you guys think about Mike rapping the first verse of Figure.09 and then Mike singing his part while Chester screams his lines.

"It never goes away [x4]

Get away from me!

Give me my space back you gotta just

Go!

Everything comes down the memories of

You!

I Kept it in without lettin’ you

Know!

I Let you go so get away from

Me!

Go!

You!

Know!

I Let you go"

I also thought about maybe By Myself too. I don't know, just something different than RME or APFMH. Thought it would be cool to switch it up.

Don't mind the intro to New Divide it will be interesting to see if LP will play it again.

As for Iridescent, prefer the album version to the remix. Never have been a fan of that remix beat (or whatever you call it) in the background and having the gang vocals cut short just doesn't seem right.

So I was listening to some LP earlier today and I was thinking of things they could sing over Bleed It Out. What do you guys think about Mike rapping the first verse of Figure.09 and then Mike singing his part while Chester screams his lines.

"It never goes away [x4]

Get away from me!

Go!

You!

Know!

I Let you go so get away from

Me!

Go!

You!

Know!

I Let you go"

I also thought about maybe By Myself too. I don't know, just something different than RME or APFMH. Thought it would be cool to switch it up.

That would be pretty cool and it sounds like it would work (at least in my head).

The gang vocals are the best part of Iridescent, that's why I like the original version more than the remix.

Yeah it's cool but I really hate how they sample those vocals live. They can't even give it their best shot, it's all sampled. But I don't know if when they LOOK like they're singing it if they are really lipsynching (mic muted) or what. Chaz, Mike and Phx might really be singing over it but I really can't tell from this video OR a DSP so I really do think they are lipsynching.

I know Chester isn't when that one part comes in and he gets higher - "let it GO-OOOO-OOO-OOO" etc, that's clearly him but the gang vocals are definitely sampled. Dislike.

I'm cool with Joe sampling beats and sound effects but definitely agree on the anti-lip syncing stance. LP have been this way forever, though, citing "perfectionism" when it really just sounds overproduced and fake most of the time.