Mike's Surprise LPU Chat: Setlist Talk

hahninator

Accusing someone of being a liar without providing any evidence is dishonest in itself.

You played to much "L.A. Noire" didn't you? :D But seriously, you're right. If they would bring back "With You" omg.. that would be so freakin' awesomeeee

I really appreciate him actually taking the time to come talk especially about setlists - that's super cool! I can understand where he's coming from, but they dropped papercut in 09 and a lot of people that aren't really hardcore fans that I've spoken to can't believe they don't play SIB. Don't get me wrong it's awesome that they are at least dropping some singles but the main song where his point fails is APFMH - everyone wants that song lol!

As for the one old song a set this must be the 4th/5th time if not more that I've seen this brought up now and is an amazing idea even if its just 3 songs for 3 setlists that would be awesome - just something old that isn't a single/POA/LFY! Everyone would go mental for it - not every song has to be a single but when they release 5 per album I suppose that's where it gets tough :/ The only thing that bothers me is plenty other bands do headline sets at festivals and maybe half the set is singles and for LP it's basically the whole set and even though he mentions their own shows they aren't really any different! Oh snd they played RME in Asia and Europe festivals :/

I got on the chat the last five minutes and asked about their next album, referring to the article where Chester said it's going to polarize people and this is the answer Mike wrote:

"Polarize people? This album isn't NEARLY done. I have no idea." ( printscreen: http://i54.tinypic.com/13z71c5.png )

So the next album will probably take three years like the last one :P

...c'mon, what da Fu with Mike! ...this is same stuff we've heard before: No Roads Left? "we've tried that...but No, beacuse doesn't sound good live" (we already knew that). "With You? MAYBE... but dunno". "SOTD and singles? we'll never pulled those off the set because the No-Fans will be like 'WTF!' "...

ugh! X___X

its understandable about No Roads Left not being played live... and its not that great of a song anyways.

Seriously, most of their songs have been overplayed so much.

and how surprising they aren't even close. Seriously i think they take the cake on making an album. ffs.

Edited by FaiNt

First, I think it's awesome that he got on the chat to speak to us. I loved that he answered the NRL question. However, I don't think he's being honest. I think he's either scared or just can't pull it off live.

Someone should get Nick Diaz to tell him: "Don't be scared, homie."

LOL

...c'mon, what da Fu with Mike! ...this is same stuff we've heard before: No Roads Left? "we've tried that...but No, beacuse doesn't sound good live" (we already knew that). "With You? MAYBE... but dunno". "SOTD and singles? we'll never pulled those off the set because the No-Fans will be like 'WTF!' "...

ugh! X___X

Well they just pulled SOTD for

BLACKOUT

so, you're wrong ;) lol!

Great chat. I was glad I just got home and thanks to someone on facebook I learned he was on. Haven't been on a LPU chat in ages! Usually they happen while I'm working or at uni... Also, tinychat messed a little with my login and so I only listened to the last 5 mins of the video chat and then I was able to be in the entire chat part.

At the M&G in Buenos Aires last year I also told Chester that they should play one of the songs on the cookies cd as a joke. lol.