Multitracks List

anjum

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EDITed the first post to match looks of previous lists.

I myself thought of doing that when I posted it, but was kind of in a hurry. And secondly I knew you would do that, as you were the one who did it earlier too. :)

Golly gee, I sure do love me some multitracks. They come in real handy for all o'them music projects I work on, ya know? It's a cryin' shame they're so darn hard to find though. I wonder where them dang BID multitracks could be hidin'? ;)

*Edit* K, I found the BID multitracks, but they're arranged differently than the ones in the main post:

01. DRUMS

02. BASS

03. GUITAR

04. SYNTH

05. INDIGO SYNTH

06. VOCALS

07. RAP

I'm thoroughly confused now.

Edited by Astat

• 2 weeks later...

Golly gee, I sure do love me some multitracks. They come in real handy for all o'them music projects I work on, ya know? It's a cryin' shame they're so darn hard to find though. I wonder where them dang BID multitracks could be hidin'? ;)

*Edit* K, I found the BID multitracks, but they're arranged differently than the ones in the main post:

01. DRUMS

02. BASS

03. GUITAR

04. SYNTH

05. INDIGO SYNTH

06. VOCALS

07. RAP

I'm thoroughly confused now.

Just saw this today. Sorted it out for ya! ;)

• 2 months later...

Enth E Nd Multitracks

Drum

Piano

Bass

Vocal

Source?

I guess I have them too, but they are all very short, aren't they?

And I have them listed as just Sound1, Sound2, etc.. I have no clue which samples are from which songs.

my m8 send me it.

ask him than

I made them. Forever ago. Had no idea they were still floating around. I've long since deleted them and the project I made them on (I should document more shit like this), but if you're looking for proof, the best I can give you is that I used the piano one in making this remix... I could tell you how I made them, though.

Oops. I guess I posted this already.

I've also got custom CFTI drum multitracks (PSSH effect, Kick, Snare, and Hat) did all of the glitching by hand, it's close but not perfect. I was sixteen at the time. Can I upload those?

Also, I've got some pretty legit sounding fan made multitracks for... shit, I can't remember the name of the song, it's by fort minor... Get me Gone? Does that sound right?

Also, Astat, sounds like someone just arranged the multitracks from the phone game. I did that with the DVD menu of Collision Course and made an instrumental of LFY / DOYS forever ago. But DJ Zap did another one around the same time and honestly, I can't tell the difference. There are two floating around, and they're different, but only a little.

Edited by Reflectionist

I didn't even use any Reanimation files for the Cure for the Itch thing, but in the case of Enth E Nd, I did this for the Center Channel (drums only).

First thing I did was do a Pan / Expand in Sony Soundforge on the original HT track (which got me that PSSH sound fairly cleanly, near the begnning). Aside: there might be a better sample somewhere on the Joe's Gas Station Breaks CD, which I believe was released here on LPL a few months ago.... ;)

Next I isolated each drum sample (hat, snare 1, snare 2, single kick, and the scratch kick), and put them each on their own separate track in Sony Acid, and normalized them.

After that, I put a source track of Cure for the Itch, HT version in ACID, and muted it. To get a feel for what techniques I'd be using, I went ahead and remade the entire 'rhythm management' section, including the way the kick pans left and right, and taking note (through trial and error) of the way the snare changes pitches, the staccato scratch kick, etc, all delays, and stereo placement. The Pan / Expand I used to get a solo of the PSSH sound kind of sacrificed that sample, so it's not as high quality (as there's really no center to it, just a hard left and a hard right), but it works well for remixing, originals, and it mixes well.

Then I worked backward. Starting at the beginning, I put in the kick and snare, then hi-hat, then PSSH effect. (I used huge amounts of delay automation for each--there's usually a quarter note delay on the PSSH, but it mutes for effect at times)... etc. The intro section is pretty straight forward, honestly. For the second section, I'd copy over the groove and adjust each measure individually as close as I could get it.

Then I'd slow down for the intricate glitch sections and try to get them as close as possible. Of course, at the time, I didn't really know the difference between a stretch and a 128th note delay, which is why some of the snare tails in the second half of the song sound off. I could probably go back and fix them to make them sound more accurate, but most of the drop offs sound pretty good. And I didn't use any sort of glitch plug-ins to do any of it, that's all clicked in by hand on a grid, with individual velocity changes for each individual attack.

---

Did the same thing for Enth E Nd's drums, except all I had to do was duplicate the Center channel for Kick, Snare, and Hat, and arrange. I didn't so much need to worry about delays and panning for it, since it's a pretty cut-and-dry hip hop track. The only issue I really had was trying to figure out how long each note holds. You can't just paste in the kick sample in the right spots and expect it to sound like the recording. For the opening fill into the drum groove, the kicks on the e's before the counts are staccato, so I had to adjust the tail of the sample accordingly for each one. Also, the snare sextuplets into the chorus rise in pitch ever so slightly, and I had to account for that, too.

The bass was also pretty standard, but the only issue was that I remember other pieces of the song getting in the way, so I had to arrange, and pitch shift each note. Luckily, there are only like, two or three grooves, and there are about two or three different clean bass notes you can chop out to arrange. Obviously, if I had pitched the Eb down to the B, it would've sounded awful. It usually starts to lose its timbre when you move a note past two semitones (or past a whole step, for you theory nerds). I do believe all of the Db's were pitch shifted in.

The piano I did just like the bass, except there are a lot more notes, and a lot less to work with. The breakdown at the start of the third verse was done by making separate tracks, adding delay and slight phaser effects, and muting the dry signal so all you hear is the delay--the dry signal was already on another track. Other than that it really was just cutting notes, pasting them in the right places, and pitch shifting them to the right notes (while trying to find the right source sample to use that wouldn't sacrifice the integrity of the piano samples used.)

Now that the actual In the End stems are out, I'm sure someone could give this one a more complete go, especially if they had the Reanimation DVD-A 5.1 tracks. I made both of these when I was about sixteen, which would be... eight years ago. Technology and availablility of resources have advanced so much since then that I'm almost disappointed that these are the best ones of either of them out.

By the way, since I did make them, and I don't have them... someone should send me the Enth E Nd tracks so I can see how I did. I remember how I did them, I just don't know how my 24-year-old Music Major ears would like them now. I might give them another shot, in higher quality. I don't know.

But yeah, that's about it. There's no need for a tutorial. Just listen to the song, and put the notes in the right spot. That's 90% of the work for this stuff.

Edited by Reflectionist

Thanks, man. Here's an original a bunch of friends around the LP Remix community and I did (not to be egotistical, but I did most of the work, it was my baby, I just asked if anyone had any original parts laying around they didn't know what to use for--Got a piano loop from Dave Mathis, etc...)

http://soundcloud.com/reflectionist/cut-the-blood

The issue with Session is that there isn't a section where the drum samples are by themselves, like there are in Cure for the Itch. I tried to work around this by simply isolating the center channel (it's done pretty easily in most DAWs--make two copies of the track, set one to 'left channel' only and set the other to 'right channel' only, then invert the phase of one of them, so that the waves cancel each other out, you're left with only the stuff that doesn't appear in both--which will usually get you some cool stuff in the center track).

HOWEVER, with Session, it's such a drum sample oriented song that the samples use a good portion of the stereo image, so you'll get drum samples, but they sound like shit.

• 3 months later...

Someone should update the thread... we need the LOST IN THE ECHO Indaba Remix multitracks up there too

What exactly should we add to the list?

Can someone reply with the list in the way it is in the main post? I mean Song name, Source, and list of multitracks.

What exactly should we add to the list?

Can someone reply with the list in the way it is in the main post? I mean Song name, Source, and list of multitracks.

One thing...

Indaba Remix Contest

LOST IN THE ECHO

- Acapella

- Background Vocals

- Bass + Bass Synth

- Drums

- Effects

- Guitars

- Strings + Synths

Edited by Soul