Chester Bennington - Club Nokia, LA

MarkeyLP

"Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington, concert promoter Gary Tovar and Aerosmith's Steven Tyler are set to appear at the seventh annual MusiCares MAP Fund benefit concert at Club Nokia in Los Angeles on May 6.

Bennington, drummer Curt Bisquera and guitarists David Levita and Jason Orme have been added to the performance lineup, joining previously announced performers Gahan with producer/musician Vincent Jones and bassist Martyn LeNoble; Jane's Addiction; Ozomatli; Paramore; and Adam Bravin and Justin Warfield from She Wants Revenge."

http://www.grammy.com/news/chester-benning...map-fund-lineup

• 1 month later...

Review:

http://www.spinner.com/2011/05/07/steven-t...gahan-sobriety/

Following Jane's, Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington, a longtime Depeche fan, took the stage for an impressive acoustic version of 'The Messenger,' a song he said was about his oldest child, now 15, nearing the point of going off on their own, but one he thought could also apply to recovery, the theme of the night.

Edited by LESTAT

WTF? A Linkin Park song???

He's done The Messenger solo twice already ( the Australia LPU Summit and the soundcheck before the Sunrise, FL show), so I don't see why not. He pretty much wrote that song himself anyway.

I'm actually very glad that Chester finally has his own song in his pocket that he can proudly perform on this kind of events, because it's actually that good to sound great within the set filled with the covers of classic songs.

i'm still wondering why almost no one cared about chester's presentation :S. anyway... the messenger sounds really great here.

EDIT: actually i realized this isn't even on chester show pages LOL...

Edited by linkin_boss

Really, really, really great performance...one of the best of The Messenger I have ever heard.

I totally agree!

Edit: 400th post!! Yay!!! :D

Edited by Conscience