shadowfax1007

[DL] 2010-12-03 Boondall, QLD [DVD]

EDIT:

It has been a few years since this post first went up. I'm currently in the process of finding and sort old hard drives and I came across this concert on one of those drives. 

I have re-uploaded it for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Notes:

- This isn't the original source. Once upon a time I had the original 720p source file but it was split amongst something like 30 .rar files across several CD's which I got from the original taper in the mail. I have -zero- idea where those CD's might be now so this is the next best thing. It's a MKV conversion of a DVD of the show.

- The original upload in this thread was plagued by audio sync issues. I have watched this is full twice (once on VLC, once on my Nvidia Shield) and experienced none of that. As a result I believe this is the corrected version I made all those years ago but never uploaded.

Full credit goes to the taper: Narc85. Looks like he is inactive now but I believe in giving credit when due. 

Show notes

------------------------

DOWNLOAD NOW!

Source 1: Video - AUD - (Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3)

Time: 95.31

Format: AVCHD

Taper: Narc85 (LPL Forum Member)

You may or may not know that the entire Brisbane show was recorded by fellow LPLive member Narc85 (Mike).

There will be two releases of this recording:

1) Unedited

2) Video with DSP Audio

Unfortunately due to the Christmas period and now the flooding in Queensland, the editing and distribution of this show has been severely set back. The files only just arrived in the mail yesterday. I'm currently piecing together the unedited version with a dvd menu and chapters. The DSP edit will take much longer, as the rig I use to edit audio/video is in the city, which is currently under water.

The recording is single camera, 720p, shot from the stage left stands. For an audience recording, its very steady for the most part and has nice zooms. Definitely one of the nicer fan shot LP shows I've seen.

I've attached some screen shots for your viewing pleasure:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Show info can be found here.

As far as I'm aware this is the first time an Australian LP show has been recorded on video - but don't take my word for it.

Watch this thread!

Edited by shadowfax1007
Reupload and Comments

Do you If Narc is releasing any others?

I know hes cut up both the Sydney clips and Newcastle clips for me.

Do you If Narc is releasing any others?

I know hes cut up both the Sydney clips and Newcastle clips for me.

Possibly, I'd say so but you'd have to ask him.

I've only got the time to edit the Brisbane show, I'd do the others but I work 6 day weeks.

If Narc has the time, I'd say he'd edit them together for people, otherwise if there are any volunteers he can probably hook you up with the files. Just PM him.

There will be two releases of this recording:

1) Unedited

2) Video with DSP Audio

I'm currently piecing together the unedited version with a dvd menu and chapters. The DSP edit will take much longer, as the rig I use to edit audio/video is in the city, which is currently under water.

The recording is single camera, 720p, shot from the stage left stands.

If I understood correctly, you are making a DVD out of a HD video... Otherwise not sure, what you meant by saying "I'm currently piecing together the unedited version with a dvd menu and chapters".

In that case it's hard to call it unedited.

I'd vote for 3 releases:

1) Unedited. RAW files from camera. Upload them now, no matter how big are they. Preferably torrent.

2) DVD with CAM audio for those who are impatient and can't download big files.

3) DVD with both CAM and SBD audio.

If I understood correctly, you are making a DVD out of a HD video... Otherwise not sure, what you meant by saying "I'm currently piecing together the unedited version with a dvd menu and chapters".

I'd vote for 3 releases:

1) Unedited. RAW files from camera. Upload them now, no matter how big are they. Preferably torrent.

Or, secret option number 4, stfu and be happy with whatever is released.

I'd vote for 3 releases:

honestly, and i'm not trying to be rude here... but i'd prefer it if the original files remained in my possession (and of course, shadowfax's hehe). simply because i used to do this sort of stuff for another band and my stuff went everywhere online and dozens of other people took credit for my work (and still do to this day). also, i had to do a battery change between the main set and the encore so i'm sure the edits will only enhance the experience :)

i'm definitely not against sharing what i collected... i did it for you guys anyway :) unfortunately brisbane was my only 100% complete show (with the exception of a minute of crowd cheering in between the main set and encore). i got the majority of newcastle except for the requiem and half of wretches... stupid camera didn't record when i pressed the button!!!! i also got big chunks of other shows - namely the 2 london shows - one of which is 3D footage. i have to go through all my files and put them back onto the lappie - unfortunately they needed to go straight onto portable hard drive as we're talking like 80 gigs worth of stuff! haha

happy to discuss what i've got with the right people :P

oh and PS: when did forest whitaker start working security at LP shows? (see last screenshot! lol)

Edited by Narc85

honestly, and i'm not trying to be rude here... but i'd prefer it if the original files remained in my possession (and of course, shadowfax's hehe). simply because i used to do this sort of stuff for another band and my stuff went everywhere online and dozens of other people took credit for my work (and still do to this day). also, i had to do a battery change between the main set and the encore so i'm sure the edits will only enhance the experience :)

fair enough.

Only thing I can add - is that this is LPLive with Source listings. We can add your source here, with your name as a taper. And this will be the main place to find out who is the real taper. But of course it's your decision whether to share it or not.

honestly, and i'm not trying to be rude here... but i'd prefer it if the original files remained in my possession (and of course, shadowfax's hehe). simply because i used to do this sort of stuff for another band and my stuff went everywhere online and dozens of other people took credit for my work (and still do to this day).

Although I wasn't given specific instructions by Narc85, I assumed he wanted the source files kept for himself. Assumed correctly. Another thing is, the source files total over 10GB - Australia doesn't have the super fast net other countries have, even on my "fast" australian connection, that would take 24+ hours to upload. Also at least as a DVD/ISO file, we avoid the drama of people without codecs etc.

fair enough.

Only thing I can add - is that this is LPLive with Source listings. We can add your source here, with your name as a taper. And this will be the main place to find out who is the real taper. But of course it's your decision whether to share it or not.

I have already emailed the complete source details to Jonas

Another thing is, the source files total over 10GB - Australia doesn't have the super fast net other countries have, even on my "fast" australian connection, that would take 24+ hours to upload.

Cologne, Germany 27.10.10 HD has shown, that people have the patience to wait for the show even for few weeks :)

It had about 15 GB too...

Also at least as a DVD/ISO file, we avoid the drama of people without codecs etc.

I guess that people, who are downloading 10 GB single show - know what are they getting, and either already have all the codecs, or know where to get them ;)

Cologne, Germany 27.10.10 HD has shown, that people have the patience to wait for the show even for few weeks :)

It had about 15 GB too...

I guess that people, who are downloading 10 GB single show - know what are they getting, and either already have all the codecs, or know where to get them ;)

People might have the patience, but I might not have the quota :P

Regardless, I will respect narc85's wishes.

On the bright side, people are getting a new show to watch.

To the people who ask - Thursday is my one day off this week, so I'll TRY to have it up by friday morning :)

The DSP edit is still ages away, as the video rigs at uni are still blocked off from flooding.

Another release option: HD file with SBD audio.

The DSP audio will not match completely up with the songs due to various factors.

Therefore each song will be individually cut up, and matched with the corresponding DSP audio.

The songs will then all be uploaded to youtube, in HD and in a playlist, so people can watch it there and if they like download using one of the various youtube download sites.

fair enough.

appreciate it mate. that may very well be an option i'd consider taking :) well, how about we all see how the other releases go, then we can discuss that option? once my internet problem at home is sorted i may be able to make that happen as i have a fairly large quota (that is barely being used lately due to my internet issues :@)

very much looking forward to shadowfax1007's work on this one.

and also hoping people are aware of the flooding in queensland and the problems it is causing (outside of his uni editing suite being flooded! ;)) so dig deep peeps and donate if you have any spare $$$ :)