13.12.2010 - Melbourne, Australia (Night 2)

hahninator

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why I feel like every other show prior to this one was a "meh" show from them.

Well, Adelaide got LOATR hahaha... ha..........ha. :P

For the sake of being critical, LP could have balanced the tour out more by having the debut of one new song in Brisbane, and then a 2nd at this Melbourne show. Ultimately, with multiple setlists, someone is always going to feel like they've missed out. Same happened in 2007.

They played Blackout AND BITS.... awesome.

Can't wait for the videos and the dsp.

My bet: Blackout is the next single.

They play it live and you assume its now the single? Some people will take any excuse to say a song is the new single...

Oh my god, what a fucking night! INCREDIBLE! My first LP concert and just amazing. Highlight of the night: BLACKOUT! Fuck, it sounded unbelievably good; anyone here who went agree it sounded better than the album version or was it just me? It's not even my favourite song on ATS, but was absolute BEAST live.

And Burning In The Skies! I got to witness two debuts. And the kickass 'new setlist' that I was hoping for. APFMH over Bleed It Out and Rob drum solo! Is that the return of the solo or has it been played recently because I can't recall?

Man I'm still absolutely buzzing. I've been to two Metallica gigs this year, U2, and tonight rates right up there. I managed to record some of Blackout and BITS, but it's on my iPhone and probably shit quality. Haven't checked it yet.

My Q remains : Mike or Mr.Hahn played the MPC solo on Blackout :?

Edit: Here's the full setlist

• The Requiem
  • Wretches & Kings
  • Lying From You
  • Given Up
  • What I've Done
  • No More Sorrow
  • From The Inside
  • Jornada Del Muerto
  • Waiting For The End
  • Blackout (Live Debut)
  • Numb
  • The Radiance
  • Burning In The Skies (Live Debut)
  • Fallout
  • The Catalyst
  • Shadow Of The Day
  • In The End
  • Bleed It Out (APFMH, Drum Solo and Singalong bridge; Extended Outro)

--encore--

• Empty Spaces
  • When They Come For Me
  • Crawling
  • New Divide
  • Faint
  • One Step Closer
Edited by Robot Boy

just got back from the show, blackout and bits were awsome. btw chester and brad played percussion on blackout. Brad only started playing drums after the bridge and it seemed like phoenix and brad were playing keyboards or something throughout the song.

@robot boy yeah joe was playing the mpc solo bit in blackout.

Edited by Op4blushift

so im back... and still blown away. i knew blackout was going to be played at least a few hours before the show - which is the surprise i was talking about on twitter. mike confirmed it during the M&G saying they weren't sure if they were ready to do it but we convinced them to try :)

i must tell you all about something that happened tonight which, i would have to say, is the single coolest thing that has EVER happened to me.

my friend and i were sitting in the catering area prior to the show - mike/phoenix/joe just metres away - when a small kid approaches me from behind, taps me on the shoulder and says 'daddy, why are you in your pyjamas already?' i looked at him with a face of disbelief, looked at my mate, then looked at the kids mother only to realise that there was talinda bennington with two of chester's kids.

i just about died. a) because apparently my board shorts and nike t-shirt looked like pyjamas to a little kid (lol) and B) because i was being mistaken as chester by his own child.

the poor kid buried his face into his mum while we had a chat. we talked about his hair (styled very similarly to his dad) and she commented on the sneakers i was wearing.

seriously... still can't get over it hey... what an experience!

My Q remains : Mike or Mr.Hahn played the MPC solo on Blackout :?

you asked me this on twitter hey? sorry i haven't replied yet! bit overwhelmed at the moment! but yes, as op4 confirmed, joe played that (i'm assuming we're talking about chester's sampled vocals in the middle of the track?

(sorry, i just realised i've posted twice in a row, but i wanted to add that i took video of blackout and BITS - except my camera died in the middle of the both of them - so i'll splice together what i do have and get it uploaded for all of you)

Edited by Narc85

MikeDiVirgilio's twitter:

Setlist:

Requim

W+K

Lfy

Given up

WId

Nms

Fti

Jornada

Wfte

Blackout

Numb

Wisdom...

Bits

Fallout

Catalyst

Sotd

Ite

Bio

Encore:

Empty spaces

Wtcfm

Crawling

New divide

Faint

Osc

Is that correct? Thanks for your updates

no worries at all guys (re: the tweets). it's quite easy when you're seated... much more pleasant atmosphere to tweet from lol

just confirming the setlist now (and some notes):

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches & Kings

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. No More Sorrow

07. From The Inside

08. Jornada Del Muerto

09. Waiting For The End

10. Blackout

11. Numb

12. Wisdom, Justice & Love

13. Burning In The Skies

14. Fallout

15. The Catalyst

16. Shadow Of The Day

17. In The End

18. Bleed It Out (APFMH over the bridge, followed by drum solo, singalong and ext. outro)

ENCORE

19. Empty Spaces

20. When They Come For Me

21. Crawling (Chester into crowd during last chorus)

22. New Divide

23. Faint (no fan on guitar)

24. One Step Closer (ext. outro)