01.11.2010 - Zürich, Switzerland

hahninator

LP continues the "A Thousand Suns" World Tour today in Zürich, Switzerland at Hallenstadion. This will be the ninth show in Europe, making it the number twelve show on the World Tour. The band is no stranger to Zürich, having played the Hallenstadion in 2007 on the first arena tour for "Minutes To Midnight" (show page here) and in 2009 last summer (show page here). An interesting fact about the 2007 show is that is where 'What I've Done' appeared in the encore for the first time, and also the first time that 'Bleed It Out' closed the main set. For those of you unfamiliar, this is the location of the FUCK YOUR SIDE video. Check that out

Coincidentally, that was their first ever show in Switzerland.

LP performed in Basel in early 2008 (show page here) on the short winter European Tour, which was the only time that 'Valentine's Day' made it as high as the seventh spot in the setlist. The band has also canceled a show in 2008 in Interlaken, Switerland at the Greenfield Festival while on their summer European Tour. This was due to Brad having an ear infection and being unable to fly at the time. The 2009 show was technically considered a makeup show for that. Tomorrow the tour continues to Frankfurt, where the last German show of 2010 will take place.

Anyway, the last show in Herning (show page here) featured a return of 'Papercut' and 'The Messenger', leaving out 'Lying From You' and 'Leave Out All The Rest'. So for those of you who were worried about those two songs being gone...everything is fine. 'Bleed It Out' had the 'A Place For My Head' verse 1 and bridge on it too, so that should make the DSP that more exciting to get.

Lastly, a few questions.... Will any other ATS songs debut on this leg of the tour? Will they rotate in any other songs besides 'Lying From You' and 'Leave Out All The Rest'? What about the two back-to-back shows in London?

Who's going to Zürich?

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches and Kings

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. Wisdom, Justice & Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

15. The Radiance (Live Version)

16. Breaking The Habit

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

19. One Step Closer

----------------------------

20. Fallout

21. The Catalyst

22. Leave Out All The Rest

23. In The End

24. What I've Done

25. Bleed It Out (Ext. intro) (Bridge w/ Burning In The Skies chorus)

i wish they can play a set like this but it will never happen

01 : One Step Closer

02 : From The Inside

03 : Somewhere I Belong

04 : No More Sorrow

05 : Given Up

06 : Wretches & Kings

07 : Papercut

08 : Points Of Authority

09 : What I've Done

10 : Empty Spaces/When The Come For Me

11 : Jornada Del Muerto/Waiting For The End

12 : Wisdom, Justice, And Love/Iridesent

13 : Numb

14 : The Requiem/The Radiance/Breaking The Habit

15 : Shadow Of The Day

16 : Crawling

17 : Bleed It Out

-------------------------------

18 : Fallout/The Catalyst

19 : The Messenger

20 : In The End

21 : New Divide

22 : Faint

post-3383-1288627391.jpg

Going to the show in Manchester on Thursday, and I'm really crossing my fingers for Robot Boy, but I'm not holding my hopes too high. Points would be awesome, as it's a fan favourite but not as overdone as Numb or In The End. I'd rather have LFY and LOATR, as I'm really not a fan of The Messenger.

Edited by Phoebolita

I hope they change the setlist on thursday for manchester show

I believe:

Frankfurt: Setlist with "Lying From You" and "Leave Out All The Rest"

Manchester: Setlist with "Papercut" and "The Messenger"

Newcastle: Setlist with "Lying From You" and "Leave Out All The Rest"

Already made the shows, it became clear that the band only change the setlist from the second show in the same country.

About changing the setlist songs: maybe something special will be changed in the setlist of the shows in London. In concerts that will happen before London, perhaps some song from Meteora or MTM can be added.

Edited by Victor Del Porto

So i was at the show!

woa i had so much fun, everything was fine, LP talked to us a bit more then one year ago. they put an Switzerland flag on stage. Mike and Chester came down to the crowed while they'd played In The End!

New Stage is awesome!

thanks to everyone for those amazing noise! ^^

and i'm glad i've met some nice peoples there!

i've took 2 videos and a lot of pics!

If anyone has read Mike's new post he did mention something about switching up the play list as they got more comfortable with the new technology and songs. So who knows, maybe we will get a complete different play list soon.