"The Requiem" - Mike Lipsynching?

hahninator

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, people, it's "The Requiem"... Who gives a shit if he lipsynches this very song? Like someone pointed out, he can just leave it for the pre-record to play and no one would give a damn. Mike has done that before - mouthing words instead of singing into the mic during Chester's parts, so it's not like he was pretending to sing or whatever, because, WELL, OBVIOUSLY, he didn't have to pretend anything (let's be honest with each other, there's nothing to prove with this song).

And again, it's "The Requiem"... I don't get why you have to make a fuss out of this, Mark. Boo, really.

i agree 100%, this thread is done in really poor taste.

there is a difference between lip syncing and what happened here, i mean damn even if he WAS LIP SYNCING who CARES it was never his natural voice TO BEGIN WITH. hes playing the keys live, and mouthing/singing whatever the hell.

this is going too far, don't taint his name, especially when he reps this website!??!

oh and no one gave a shit at the show either, so shh

Edited by mckellynna

Fixed the link; sorry.

Agreed. I think he really is lipsynching this; no way they can get that to sound EXACTLY like the studio version.

He isn't lipsynching. Mike explains this by doing a demonstration on the breakfast at KROQ thing...right?

http://kroq.radio.com/2010/09/14/live-blog...-linkin-park-2/

It's in one of those clips, one of the last one's I think.

Yup I'm saying myth busted. He clearly says "as" and it does seem to be about a half step higher than the album version.

I don't see how it even became a 'myth.' It was just kind of really dumb unwarranted speculation with no basis other than 'it sounds the same', despite being in a different key and having different words and being a vocoder'd part which is pretty easy to emulate since the pitch is controlled externally, to be honest.

I don't see how it even became a 'myth.' It was just kind of really dumb unwarranted speculation with no basis other than 'it sounds the same', despite being in a different key and having different words and being a vocoder'd part which is pretty easy to emulate since the pitch is controlled externally, to be honest.

A+

Agree with everything you said. I just said myth busted so I could sound like one of those nerds on discovery channel haha.

i love how incredibly offended people are by the implications that Mike lip sync'd. It's a legitimate question to ask, because it's something that could happen especially with mike and all the vocoding needed throughout the album. Sure it appears that he did not lip sync but that wasn't necessarily apparent within the first listen or two. You had to kind of nitpick in order to find the flaws and differences. Lol so get off the genitalia people.

i love how incredibly offended people are by the implications that Mike lip sync'd. It's a legitimate question to ask, because it's something that could happen especially with mike and all the vocoding needed throughout the album. Sure it appears that he did not lip sync but that wasn't necessarily apparent within the first listen or two. You had to kind of nitpick in order to find the flaws and differences. Lol so get off the genitalia people.

but the thing is, even if he was "pretending" to sing... it really has no bearing in the whole scheme of things, and i feel like this jumped the boat for no reason. there's also more i want to say but i won't.

No one was offended, we just pointed out the reasons it wasn't lipsyced. Just like every other speculation type thing that comes up on this site, we nitpick and figure out what's really going on.

Just like every other speculation type thing that comes up on this site, we nitpick and figure out what's really going on.

well...

I don't get why you have to make a fuss out of this, Mark. Boo, real

this is going too far, don't taint his name, especially when he reps this website!??!

It was just kind of really dumb unwarranted speculation with no basis

plus all the "+1's" "this's" etc seems like some people were offended or upset.

all for mark simply asking

It appears that Mike lipsynched vocals for the first known time in LP live history.

Your thoughts, LP fans? Is he really lip synching?

to me it seems like there was more people griping that this type of question was posed rather than legitimate speculation. lol