New LPTV: Meeting Of A Thousand Suns

VavourasLP

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to the clip of Wretches and Kings. That's some heavy and awesome shit. And minimal to no guitar.

Sounds like altered guitar to me (like some of the effects on a Digitech whammy pedal) but either way, you make a valid point.

(originally posted in the wrong thread:)

Not bad at all. I got the distinct early-LP vibe, without it feeling like a retread of old territory. And to those of you saying it's synth, not guitar, believe me, I've heard some amazing things done with guitars in post-production before. That could very well be Brad :D

I don't get why everyone is so hung up on guitar. There are a million other instruments in the world, guitar doesn't magically make a song good.

Listen to the clip of Wretches and Kings. That's some heavy and awesome shit. And minimal to no guitar.

that's a great point

WBR lied to us. That's surprising.

*copy-pastes my post from that other LP fan site you deservedly got banned from*

It says "BEGINNING two weeks before release date." Meaning that today is the absolute soonest they would even CONSIDER sending out ONE preview clip, let alone clips of the entire album. The word "beginning" being in that sentence implies a gradual rollout of pre-release media, and also doesn't guarantee that anyone will actually get anything today, just that today is the earliest they should expect anything.

The only people lying here are the people lying to themselves by thinking that we were ever "guaranteed" to be getting clips today.

*copy-pastes my post from that other LP fan site you deservedly got banned from*

It says "BEGINNING two weeks before release date." Meaning that today is the absolute soonest they would even CONSIDER sending out ONE preview clip, let alone clips of the entire album. The word "beginning" being in that sentence implies a gradual rollout of pre-release media, and also doesn't guarantee that anyone will actually get anything today, just that today is the earliest they should expect anything.

The only people lying here are the people lying to themselves by thinking that we were ever "guaranteed" to be getting clips today.

This. I've been saying for a while, "beginning 2 weeks before" implies any time during the second to last week before release. If you were hoping they were going for the literal 2 weeks before date, well here's your answer. No clips.

I say we get something this weekend.

Its misleading, but then again when hasn't Warner been when LP is involved. Initially it said early access clips two weeks before the album, then they changed the wording a few days after the presale.

Oh and

Posted Image

seriously! what's with all the tension?

The GM of Warner Bros. Records told us they really wanted to make an album that was new, that no one had done before and they had complete creative control over. He told us there was no outside influence at all. I think the tension comes from just pushing themselves the furthest they've ever gone, or maybe during the process they felt stuff wasn't unique enough and drove them insane until they got it right. It's difficult to come up with new ideas and throw away you know has worked in the past.