"Did You Know" Facts

Anality

The power went out mid-song on 'Breaking The Habit' at Pomona 2009. The band continued playing and the crowd sang in the place of Chester, but the problem caused the DSP for the show to be lost!

Actually, as far as I remember, Pooch told me that the show wasn't lost, they just decided to not release it because it was only recorded up to Breaking The Habit.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't really know if this is what you want but LP has ended the last 2 North American tours (Projekt Revolution 2008 and A Thousand Suns World Tour 2011) in Houston, Texas.

Went to both shows and thought it was a funny coincidence. :)

We can add that, sure. That's pretty cool haha!

One Simple Reason to play guitar right handed if you're a lefty is that left-handed-guitars are more expansive than "normal" ones, unless you use your guitar the wrong way round, like Hendrix did :P

Lefty guitars aren't always more expensive, but some people do charge extra for lefty guitars.

I don't think this was on here at all so...

Did you know that after Linkin Park was Hybrid Theory and Xero and before Linkin Park they were called Lincoln Park was a very short period of time, but when the band found out the domain " lincolnpark.com" was taken, they decided to go with Linkin Park?

Source: http://mikeshinoda.com/2010/01/02/my-linki...rk-decade-list/

(Under "3 – LINKIN, NOT LINCOLN")

Edited by TripleXero

Finally getting around to posting some corrections...

5. At a live show in Tuscan, Arizona in 2003, Brad and Joe swapped instruments to play the song "A.06". There is a picture of the incident in the "From The Inside: Linkin Park's Meteora" book. - This one REALLY needs to be corrected. First of all, "Tuscon," not "Tuscan." Secondly, Brad and Joe DID NOT swap instruments to play A.06, they swapped instruments at one point during the show, and at another point during the show, LP played A.06 (this confusion stems from a "did you know" fact that was worded very poorly on pushmeaway.com like 7 years ago). Lastly, I have the FTI book, and to my knowledge, there is no such photo in there, but you might want to double-check on that.

8. "Session", "Somewhere I Belong", and “From The Inside” were some of the earliest Meteora demos, dating back to mid-2001. The latter were also the final two songs to be finished in the album mixing process. - SIB and FTI were actually two out of the last three songs finished, Nobody's Listening was also completed during mixing.

10. In 2003, the Linkin Park Street Team received promo stickers for Meteora without “Hit The Floor” listed as a track. The reason? Noone really knows! - It's always bugged me to no end when people write "no one" as one word. NOO-NAY FTW!

12. “One Step Closer” and “In The End” are a few of Chester’s least favorite Linkin Park songs. When they initially made them, he thought neither was good enough to include on Hybrid Theory. - Chester's also named Runaway, Hit the Floor, and Nobody's Listening as some of his other least favorites, and it seems like he's more adamant about those. OSC and ITE were mainly just songs that he didn't think were very good when they were originally written.

14. Even though the band hails from the Los Angeles, CA area and records there, they’ve actually recorded one song in another city. "My December" was recorded in Nashville, TN in 2000 for inclusion on a KROQ Christmas album. - This one is pretty out of date, LP's parts for We Made It were recorded in Taiwan, and a lot of their more recent stuff has been recorded all over the place (Portions of A Thousand Suns were recorded in Los Angeles, New York, and Berlin).

21. Chester recorded a track with DJ Lethal (of Limp Bizkit) entitled "State of the Art", originally scheduled for Lethal's now scrapped solo Project. Part of the track debuted on KROQ radio's 'Scratch-and-Sniff' program in 2004 and was released by LPLive in 2009. - This is worded really badly, it should specify that the full version was released in 2009, this makes it sound like the partial version didn't surface for 5 years. Scratch and Sniff also wasn't on KROQ, it was on 91X in the Atlanta area (which may be a KROQ affiliate, I'm not sure).

38. The band performed a partial cover of Jet's "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" at a show in St. Paul, MN in 2004. Due to a dare, Mike came out from backstage dressed in a full tuxedo! - More specifically, he was actually wearing a suit jacket and a hat similar to the one worn by Jet's drummer in the music video for the same song.

43. A version of the song “Esual” (which later became “A Place For My Head”) was written with the band Xero. - Typo: "Esaul," not "Esual."

58. On the Summer Sanitarium Tour in 2003 with Metallica, Brad and Chester routinely smashed a guitar after "A Place For My Head" near the end of the set. - This also happened during quite a few Projekt Revolution 2004 shows.

104. The band has released several other songs from the Minutes To Midnight recording sessions. No Roads Left, Across The Line, Blackbirds and Not Alone were all worked on in 2006-2007. - You can add Pale and What We Don't Know to this list as well. Pretend to Be was also apparently started during the MTM sessions, but not finished until 2008.

Due to licensing restrictions, the song 'Wisdom, Justice, & Love' can no longer be distributed though Linkin Park's DSP's. The last DSP to feature it was Tampa 2011. - I thought both Atlanta and Detroit initially had WJ&L? I know it was removed later.

Though the final recording of 'Faint' is 135bpm, the original demo was only at 70bpm! - To clarify, this isn't referring to the demo found on LPU9, that one is at the same tempo as the final version. The 70bpm version was essentially just a rough guitar track that Brad put down as the early "seed" for the song, and Mike ended up writing the rest of the song at a much faster tempo.

'H! Vltg3' off of Reanimation samples a song called "All For One" by the group Brand Nubian. The members of the group are credited in the liner notes of the album. - The sample in question is the line "And I can think of many episodes I swung in Lincoln Park," which is scratched near the end of the song. H! Vltg3 also samples "Family" by Lamont Dozier (the main piano part comes from that song), which isn't credited in the liner notes, but the sample was still cleared by management.

'H! Vltg3' off of Reanimation samples a song called "All For One" by the group Brand Nubian. The members of the group are credited in the liner notes of the album. - The sample in question is the line "And I can think of many episodes I swung in Lincoln Park," which is scratched near the end of the song. H! Vltg3 also samples "Family" by Lamont Dozier (the main piano part comes from that song), which isn't credited in the liner notes, but the sample was still cleared by management.

This song is in GTA4 on the radio station 'The Classics 104.1'. Its quite strange to hear! You hear like.. scratching and then 'linkin park'. I knew i wasn't going crazy (I kept hearing this while playing, and i just realised I'm not a mental case)

Finally getting around to posting some corrections...

5. At a live show in Tuscan, Arizona in 2003, Brad and Joe swapped instruments to play the song "A.06". There is a picture of the incident in the "From The Inside: Linkin Park's Meteora" book. - This one REALLY needs to be corrected. First of all, "Tuscon," not "Tuscan." Secondly, Brad and Joe DID NOT swap instruments to play A.06, they swapped instruments at one point during the show, and at another point during the show, LP played A.06 (this confusion stems from a "did you know" fact that was worded very poorly on pushmeaway.com like 7 years ago). Lastly, I have the FTI book, and to my knowledge, there is no such photo in there, but you might want to double-check on that.

Ill second this one. I own the FTI book (which is now signed too) and there is no picture of this at all. Closest it comes is Brad 'fretting' Phoenix's bass during a song.

• 3 weeks later...

David Krumholtz as Charlie Eppes wore a Minutes to Midnight release T-shirt in the Numb3rs episode "Velocity" Season 4. Episode 3. It was white with the LP circle logo with 5-15-07 underneath.

Thats correct. I remember watching it myself. I believe thats because thats David's Birthday?!?

I have one, Not a biggie but something I noticed the other day.

Crawling, Forgotten and Easier to Run are the only songs that appear on a LP Studio album that Starts with a Chorus (lyric wise)

Correct me if Im wrong.

Waiting for the end? i know it doesn't have chester's part in the beginning, but the rap's there...

Thats not the chorus. Plus Mikes part is there,

I hate it when people call it rap. Its actually more rhythmic singing.

yeah, it was a long shot, not totally the chorus, but had some lyrics from it. to be honest, i didn't really listen to it before posting...

and i kind of get you on the rap thing - i just said rap to make it simpler...

Yep all good :)

Got one for ya.

Brad used to work as a bouncer at the Roxy!

Edit: Did notice I was the last person to post and therefore accidentally double posted. Sorry Peeps.

Edited by SergSlim