Reanimation 5.1 Layers

hahninator

So thanks to my good friend Sean (HybridMeteora798) from back in the day, we're working on getting those lost Reanimation 5.1 layers back to everyone. The old LP remixer that went by the name "Agent" or "Bloodfrost" ripped them in like 2005...it seems everyone lost them that had them then.

I think that'll be the next LPL release. Not right here on the homepage of course because Warner will eat us for breakfast like a bowl of cereal, but I think we can do it via torrent like it was done 5 years ago. Wow has it been that long, haha?

Remember how cool those were? Those really gave some good insight into the album, I really loved those. In fact, I believe I purchased like 2 more copies of Reanimation just because of the stuff I heard in those layers.

Starting the work on getting those ripped now... Stay tuned!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes I won't stop till it's done! Let's get to work!

This random idea of yours is the best thing I've heard in months. What a better way to please some album-starved LP fans than give them these rips that the community somehow lost? lol I love it.

Wow. This sounds heaps interesting. First time ive heard of this. Better yet i didnt even know Reanimation had a DVD?!?!?!? either way its a win.

Plus I give it a few hours after this is released before people start going "WE WANT LLLLPEEEE ALBUM NEWSSS"

Edited by Peryman

Well, first of all, this isn't lost. Secondly, announcing to upload some official material is kinda weird, but then again... GO PIRATE! ^^

Random info: I think when they were first shared, it wasn't via a torrent but more like one song a week, one some website, me thinks it might've been ChesterSings.

:rolleyes:

i have them all, besides a few interludes i think.

So if your missing on some, pm me.

edit: dont pm me for a torrent link or the whole thing, its a few GBs, im not that nice.

Edited by XefuzioNr

Find it a bit random that you're releasing official material now, even in its destructed form. I've seen the DVD-A about in a few shops recently. So it's not impossible to get. My suggestion is that you just do a tutorial on how to actually rip them. It's not hard and there is free software about that will do it...

Also be aware that there are different quality versions of the tracks (normally is on DVD-A's anyway, can't confirm for the reanimation DVD-A as i'm at work). There'll be the 24-bit versions and then a lossy version, both with be in 5.1, then of course there's the stereo copy but obviously it's easy to tell that version apart! 24 bit version is the best quality but the files sizes can be pretty large.

Back in the day I think I got the original rips but I wasn't impressed fully with them so did my own from my US copy of the DVD.

I remember it was shared on ChesterSings 5 years ago. I like listening to separately channels. Few years ago I downloaded the DVD-A version, but it's not the full version, just fitted on a single layer disc, only have the DD5.1 and LPCM2.0 audios. Dolby is lossy, but it sounds really great on home cinema system.

Hmm...are you just going to use Agent's original rips? Because while his rips were the first ones and by far the most common, they didn't come out that great, they're very distorted. He did those at a time when technology that allowed you to rip a 5.1 mix into 6 different tracks was very primitive, there are ways of getting better rips now and I know for a fact they're out there.

Hmm...are you just going to use Agent's original rips? Because while his rips were the first ones and by far the most common, they didn't come out that great, they're very distorted. He did those at a time when technology that allowed you to rip a 5.1 mix into 6 different tracks was very primitive, there are ways of getting better rips now and I know for a fact they're out there.

I just reripped into WAV, converting to FLAC and tagging now. I can send you a few so you can check them out if you want. They sound really good to my ears.