10/23/09 MTV Ulalume Festival, Columbia,MD [DBS] *ROLL CALL*

LPxDC

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no worries sad thing is i hate all the other bands but DBS so yah

alright lol.

Just read an interview for DBS. I think we should be thankful they are playing Ulalume

You’re playing the MTV Halloween gala, is that the launch of a huge tour?

We’ve actually kind of gone back and fourth a little bit on how we wanted to approach touring. I was thinking festivals, maybe a couple of touring bands, and then I felt like I don’t want to do that. Maybe next year after the band has been around for awhile we could do that, but I really want to go play for people. Have their faces really close and loud and sweaty and right in people’s faces, and have them see the band in that way at first. I really want to build fans in a more grassroots way, not just because I’m in Linkin Park [and] the other guys have been in Orgy that we deserve to go play these amazing tours. I think we really need to earn our place. The goal is to go out and get people to fall in love with the band the old fashioned way.

alright lol.

Just read an interview for DBS. I think we should be thankful they are playing Ulalume

You’re playing the MTV Halloween gala, is that the launch of a huge tour?

We’ve actually kind of gone back and fourth a little bit on how we wanted to approach touring. I was thinking festivals, maybe a couple of touring bands, and then I felt like I don’t want to do that. Maybe next year after the band has been around for awhile we could do that, but I really want to go play for people. Have their faces really close and loud and sweaty and right in people’s faces, and have them see the band in that way at first. I really want to build fans in a more grassroots way, not just because I’m in Linkin Park [and] the other guys have been in Orgy that we deserve to go play these amazing tours. I think we really need to earn our place. The goal is to go out and get people to fall in love with the band the old fashioned way.

I love that interview btw. :lol:

Anyways, I'm so excited for Ulalume. Tomorrow I'm seeing DBS in NYC so I'll be super pumped for Ulalume since it's the last time I'll see Chester until the next LP tour most likely.

11 days!!

i cant wait. Luckily i have Metallica this saturday to keep my head busy. Then school and work to occupy the week. Then Friday is going to be soo busy

im trying to go see Saw VI at midnight then class at nine till 11:30 then hopefully head off to Ulalume

Me, my buddy and his g/f are leaving at 7 AM to get down to Baltimore to drop her off, then hang for a bit. Then were gonna head to Columbia for the show, are there any good places to eat around the venue?

damn early! haha umm if you like seafood theres this seafood joint thats like right in front of the baltimore convention center. LPPhan where are you? haha. I dont go up to MD very often so its hard to say

damn early! haha umm if you like seafood theres this seafood joint thats like right in front of the baltimore convention center. LPPhan where are you? haha. I dont go up to MD very often so its hard to say

hell ya early, i live in SE CT, lol, its gonna take atleast 6 hours to get down there

i was thinkin gof looking up charm city cakes, because Duff Goldman is an awesome pastry chef and i would love to meet the people from the show.

hell ya early, i live in SE CT, lol, its gonna take atleast 6 hours to get down there

i was thinkin gof looking up charm city cakes, because Duff Goldman is an awesome pastry chef and i would love to meet the people from the show.

sounds like a plan to me. My friend and I plan to leave at 12:30. Its a 90 minute drive but idk why she wants to leave that early. Guess to avoid traffic, hm oh well. Cant wait to see Asher Roth & Dead By Sunrise! Hope Chester becomes friends with Asher or Cudi and considers one of them for PR 10 ! hehe

I CAN'T WAIT FOR ULALUME! I told Elias and Ryan that I was going and they both said they think it's gonna be an awesome show.

nice!!! I met them JK (not ryan tho =[) already! Ive kept in contact with Elias hes my favorite member of the band! Hes always enthusiastic to talk to fans. Cant wait

nice!!! I met them JK (not ryan tho =[) already! Ive kept in contact with Elias hes my favorite member of the band! Hes always enthusiastic to talk to fans. Cant wait

Oh yes, he is!! JK (especially Ryan and Elias) are definitely among the nicest and coolest guys that one can ever meet! :)

Oh yes, he is!! JK (especially Ryan and Elias) are definitely among the nicest and coolest guys that one can ever meet! :)

QFT. Ryan is hands down the coolest member of any band that I have ever met. He's awesome.

lol yall are making me jealous have fun for me the girl who said she may be able to cover for me had to work so =(

damn that sucks... maybe next time when DBS are on tour here by themselves.

Yay Metallica today!!! Then DBS next Friday! Omg :)

Anybody that is in reasonable distance to the show want to go? I'm offering a free GA center ticket for free which is the best ticket in the house. Plus this is one of the last DBS shows and it might be the last DBS show on the East Coast so it's definitely something special.