New 2008 Show

hahninator

Courtesy of the LPU (nyvaleriec05) - winner of the remix contest:

Straight from Valerie:

"This was the winning remix.

http://www.lpconcerts.com/remix/getMix.vmu?mix_id=2103

The prize? Linkin Park does a freeeeee show at my campus, aka UNLV!!!!!

The details: Monday, October 6, 2008 at the Joint at the Hard Rock. Doors open at 6:30, DJ starts at 8:00, LP starts at about 8:30-8:45.

This show is for UNLV students only!

Beginning Saturday, September 27th at 10AM, UNLV students may go to The Joint Box Office and collect their ticket. One ticket per person. Must show student ID to receive ticket.

Spread the word to all UNLV students!"

And some word on the Asian audio:

"YES there will be LP Live recordings released of the upcoming Asian shows. Unfortunately they will be not released until November because I have to come back from Asia and mix them. But they will be released then."

-Pooch / Dylan

Man..the contest wasn't even fair. If you have a community that is willing to help out, your chances were higher in winning. Missouri sucks, and everyone here hates anything that involves rap and rock combined...congratulations to who won though, that is truly awesome that you get to have LP play at your school...the atmosphere of the show will probably be the most epic thing in your life LOL...wow.. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_razz.gif

Beginning Saturday, September 27th at 10AM, UNLV students may go to The Joint Box Office and collect their ticket. One ticket per person. Must show student ID to receive ticket.

can you read?!

Good to know the people are friendly here. :rolleyes:

Awesome news. What set list do you think they'll use? A shortened one or a full one? And that's awesome about the Asian shows having SBD's, can't wait to hear that short tour. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_geek.gif

I have a feeling they will be shortening the set and playin some oldies at the college show. I mean the fans at the school will prob be pretty old so they may be expecting old songs. They will want to go back to hardcore LP for their old hardcore fans.

Thank you Hahninator for posting this.

I'm not completely sure, but I think the winner of the $4k will be at the meet and greet with me. The guy I met with from Tribal Brands (Verizon's promotional partner) said there would be one other person there (besides me and my friends) and that he was a contest winner as well so I assume that's him.

Actually, I didn't have much help from my community. I made like 20 remixes and only passed around 1 and it got 10 listens. So basically I made half of the ones from my school. I did not think I had any chance of winning though so I gave up after I got UNLV high up on the leaderboard. I didn't thank that many people liked LP at my school but everyone is really excited and I've gotten a very positive response so I'm very happy.

Yes, they will be checking ID when you receive your ticket and when you enter the venue. They were very adamant about it being only for UNLV students.

I have been to some LP concerts before and they've all been AMAZING! My favorite was on March 6th (at the Joint coincidentally) and I thought that was the greatest concert EVER and that nothing would ever compare. But this is definitely gonna top that one!

Thanks for the congrats!

I will do my best to get some video and I'll definitely have a setlist.

Valerie

Actually, I didn't have much help from my community. I made like 20 remixes and only passed around 1 and it got 10 listens. So basically I made half of the ones from my school. I did not think I had any chance of winning though so I gave up after I got UNLV high up on the leaderboard. I didn't thank that many people liked LP at my school but everyone is really excited and I've gotten a very positive response so I'm very happy.

Yeah that's what I meant, you deserve the chance to see them...people here HATE LP...LOL Everytime I mention them, I get called very sad names..hehe..hope you enjoy the show! Is it like in a big venue or what is it?

I think they will never ever play NRL. If they play it on this show they play it in China too. But I don't think they would premiere NRL at such an exclusive show. All album songs, even bonus tracks like (High Voltage, Step Up...) have been played on whole tours for as many people as possible to hear them. I don't think they are that selfish to their US fans.

I think they will never ever play NRL. If they play it on this show they play it in China too. But I don't think they would premiere NRL at such an exclusive show. All album songs, even bonus tracks like (High Voltage, Step Up...) have been played on whole tours for as many people as possible to hear them. I don't think they are that selfish to their US fans.

I would say the same thing if they hadn't dropped Reading My Eyes after Europe. Mike even dedicated a blog entry to the fact that they were playing the song, and they didn't even wind up playing it in the U.S.

As far as No Roads left is concerned, i'll bet they WILL play it under an exclusive audience. Then the will either release it on LPU 8 or make it a purchase download on itunes (maybe music for relief). Either way, it will have to be paid for.

As far as No Roads left is concerned, i'll bet they WILL play it under an exclusive audience. Then the will either release it on LPU 8 or make it a purchase download on itunes (maybe music for relief). Either way, it will have to be paid for.

That's actually a REALLY good prediction dude..

Sounds as if one of those might happen if NRL gets played for UNLV.

Although, I still doubt they will

I thing the set will be like the set of the Asian tour... and i'm sure that there will be few surprises {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif Maybe Reading My Eyes, QWERTY... like the Summersonic festival {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif But I really hope they'll play No Roads Left {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif

PS: Sorry for the bad English {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif