The Official Grey Daze Thread

SergSlim

What is the best way to get Grey Daze music in high quality right now? All my life I've only had low quality rips, and I'm dying to finally hear Wake Me in at least 320. Can we purchase or download this stuff anywhere?

EDIT: I feel like I owe an apology. I just started reading through the Grey Daze Story page and WOW. I am blown away!! The immense amount of detail is beyond my comprehension! Never did I imagine that I would learn about Grey Daze as well as I know of Linkin Park! Every year or so I check in on these sites to scope out new unreleased material, and the extra excitement I felt when Grey Daze demos were found was beyond words, but THIS! I'm gonna keep reading through all this tonight, and I'm gonna enjoy the heck outta the recordings available now. I remember listening to Grey Daze in 8th grade (circa 2002, after discovering Linkin Park of course) looking at a picture of Sean Dowdell And His Friends posted on PushMeAway.com, wishing I could know more about the bassist and guitarist on the album Wake Me. I wondered why the guitar parts in Hole and Sometimes sounded stripped down on No Sun Today when these versions were recorded after Wake Me.

It's just nice to get to know a band who quietly meant so much to me at a time when I was discovering music. And so, my apologies for coming on here, asking a stupid question right now. I think I better get acquainted first.

Thank you,LESTAT

Edited by SeasonOfAges

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the best way to get Grey Daze music in high quality right now? All my life I've only had low quality rips, and I'm dying to finally hear Wake Me in at least 320. Can we purchase or download this stuff anywhere?

EDIT: I feel like I owe an apology. I just started reading through the Grey Daze Story page and WOW. I am blown away!! The immense amount of detail is beyond my comprehension! Never did I imagine that I would learn about Grey Daze as well as I know of Linkin Park! Every year or so I check in on these sites to scope out new unreleased material, and the extra excitement I felt when Grey Daze demos were found was beyond words, but THIS! I'm gonna keep reading through all this tonight, and I'm gonna enjoy the heck outta the recordings available now. I remember listening to Grey Daze in 8th grade (circa 2002, after discovering Linkin Park of course) looking at a picture of Sean Dowdell And His Friends posted on PushMeAway.com, wishing I could know more about the bassist and guitarist on the album Wake Me. I wondered why the guitar parts in Hole and Sometimes sounded stripped down on No Sun Today when these versions were recorded after Wake Me.

It's just nice to get to know a band who quietly meant so much to me at a time when I was discovering music. And so, my apologies for coming on here, asking a stupid question right now. I think I better get acquainted first.

Thank you,LESTAT

Thank you very much, SeasonOfAges. Very happy you like it. Feel free to contact me to ask any questions.

Also, a lot of stuff is still on the way, so my Grey Daze work is not done yet. Much more stuff to come.

Thank you,LESTAT

I have both albums in flac, contact me .

• 2 years later...

I think it’s the proper thread to definitely say that after 3 weeks of repeated listening sessions “Amends” is still blowing my fucking mind. Love every song, now the old versions have bodies and shapes they didn’t have on No sun today and Wake me. Amazing, can’t wait for another record with Spin, Hole, Believe me, Starting to Fly, Anything anything and the others left 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, MetalNacional said:

Its really funny to me how that track is reviewed, like it is my favorite on the record, Ive already seen here that most fans hate it and still it is their 2nd video with more views on yt. Oh the controversy...

Yeah I mean it’s not my favorite song on the album, it feels a bit “disjointed” at times, but it’s energetic and cool. I don’t understand how someone who is a LP and grunge fan could literally hate that song. Lol

5 hours ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Great job man! It’s great to have Amends version and a remaster of the original song 

Thank you guys for the support, yeah, i'm a big fan of this album, in special this song, i was planning to do it a long time ago, but only yeasterday i decided to make it happen haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 31/07/2017 at 05:06, JZ-CashGrabDude said:

J'ai les deux albums en flac, contactez-moi.

Hello ! I'm french and i don't know where i Can find old original album of Grey Daze, all download links on web are dead, i have ...no Sun today but in MP3 since a lot of year, and i find today "Wake up" but in can't find download links. Do you know where i Can find them ? THANKS !

• 1 month later...