Grey Daze Performing Live @ 98KUPD FM Radio’s U Fest 2023 

Grey Daze will indeed be performing at 98KUPD FM Radio’s U Fest 2023 on Saturday, May 6, 2023! The band has welcomed acclaimed vocalist Cris Hodges from Linkin Park tribute band In The End to perform live as Grey Daze, all in honor of Chester Bennington’s legendary music career, especially his rocker beginnings. U Fest will be held at the Talking Stick Resort Amphitheatre (formerly Ak-Chin Pavilion) and will also feature performances by Godsmack, I Prevail Nothing More, Fozzy, The Warning, and more!

Source

TalkingStick1.jpeg?resize=800,800&ssl=1

41 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

A singer from a tribute band to "replace" Chester? Not a bad option, to be honest. I already have many issues with Grey Daze,but this one seems one of their few good ideas.

From what i heard of the rehearsal clips he sounds good doing GD.

I asked Sean if Cris is a permanent member or just a special guest, this is what he said

"we are keeping Cris with us and we will see where it takes us. 
Right now we are trying to just have some fun and finally
Play live."

31 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

i was just reading about their final album, its kinda sad that they dont want to record more albums.

Just a theory, I think after IV they kinda stagnate. I love their music, but it isn't the most innovative piece of art in word. They tried really hard in "When Legends Rise" to reach wider audiences, but their old school fans didn't accepted that sound quite well and the general public didn't change their thoughts about them, so they felt into middle ground. In the end, I get it, they took the Legacy band approach "why I'm gonna waste more time making music if you just want to listen the same shit over and over again?"

8 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Just a theory, I think after IV they kinda stagnate. I love their music, but it isn't the most innovative piece of art in word. They tried really hard in "When Legends Rise" to reach wider audiences, but their old school fans didn't accepted that sound quite well and the general public didn't change their thoughts about them, so they felt into middle ground. In the end, I get it, they took the Legacy band approach "why I'm gonna waste more time making music if you just want to listen the same shit over and over again?"

The digital era killed albums, now is all about trash singles or trying to go viral.

What do you guys think about Cris? he is in a very special situation

Imagine being a huge LP fan, you create your own tribute band and then the very first band of the vocalist that you love calls you to join the band.

8 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

What do you guys think about Cris? he is in a very special situation

Imagine being a huge LP fan, you create your own tribute band and then the very first band of the vocalist that you love calls you to join the band.

I would do it, no brainer. This guy has a once-in-a-lifetime-chance. He should grab it. And no, I'm far from being a Grey Daze fan or even feel some degree of sympathy for Sean, but Cris isn't to blame. I'm glad for him

Edited by bloodbath

1 hour ago, bloodbath said:

I would do it, no brainer. This guy has a once-in-a-lifetime-chance. He should grab it. And no, I'm far from being a Grey Daze fan or even feel some degree of sympathy for Sean, but Cris isn't to blame. I'm glad for him

He's a good vocalist for GD, I hope that this project becomes really successful with him on board.

Grey Daze could easily tour in places like Germany or Brazil that are crazy for Chester and they would get huge crowds.

It's weird that this is their comeback show, I imagined that it would be a solo show full of GD fans like in a Club Tattoo anniversary party or something like that, its going to be awkward for them being part of this festival where people dont know who they are.

Edited by JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

3 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

He's a good vocalist for GD, I hope that this project becomes really successful with him on board.

Grey Daze could easily tour in places like Germany or Brazil that are crazy for Chester and they would get huge crowds.

It's weird that this is their comeback show, I imagined that it would be a solo show full of GD fans like in a Club Tattoo anniversary party or something like that, its going to be awkward for them being part of this festival where people dont know who they are.

The good thing is you have way less people comparing you at the first show. Less pressure 

If by saying that they will release the live show they meant that they will post it on YT ok but if they menat they would release the CD/DVD than wtf, who made those kind of decisions that quick, if you do something like that for the first time than you're waiting for how the fans gonna respone about it and you're not making the official release of it, which only means that the only reason of why you're doing this are probably the money.

23 minutes ago, martinez said:

If by saying that they will release the live show they meant that they will post it on YT ok but if they menat they would release the CD/DVD than wtf, who made those kind of decisions that quick, if you do something like that for the first time than you're waiting for how the fans gonna respone about it and you're not making the official release of it, which only means that the only reason of why you're doing this are probably the money.

GD is a very unprofessional band in terms of social media. I guess that they will make a compilation of fan clips and some of their own recorded videos and release them on their youtube page.

5 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

GD is a very unprofessional band in terms of social media. I guess that they will make a compilation of fan clips and some of their own recorded videos and release them on their youtube page.

Grey Daze was your ordinary local band. You can't expect them to do everything as a professional band. It's not their job, they aren't used to it.

I just wanted to share my excitement about the upcoming Grey Daze live performance at 98KUPD FM Radio's U-Fest 2023. As a longtime fan of Grey Daze and their unique sound, I can't wait to see them take the stage and rock the crowd. I've been following Grey Daze since their early days, and it's incredible to see how they've evolved and grown over the years. Their music holds a special place in my heart, and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to experience it live. U-Fest is always an amazing event, bringing together talented artists and passionate music lovers. It's a great opportunity to connect with fellow fans, share our love for music, and create lasting memories.

Edited by AtticusSanchez