Meteora (20th Anniversary Edition) | Out April 7, 2023

BeardyWilderness

13 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

About the nUmB.exe joke, it might be a way to disguise Lost. You know, paying homage to those times when you downloaded a song and it might be a completely different one

You are a genius!!!

I think that will fit in just perfectly!

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't want to complain just want to point out some things that are historically incorrect.

• Spongecase (wRiTiNg LiKe ThIs) wasn't a thing until 2017 and things were never named like this back then on file sharing platforms (which I guess is the reference). Adding leetspeak tags to filenames was what people did back then, which usually held information like the group who leaked the track, the origin/source and the encoding. Also sometimes people wrote everything in all uppercase besides the i (e.g. LiNKiNGPARK-NUMB.exe) but I don't know the historical background around that.
  • Blue screens didn't collect information about the crash until Windows 8 which wasn't released until 2012. In the Windows 98/2000/ME/XP times, Bluescreens were super basic and they just gave you an error code.

As I said, I am not complaining that those things are wrong, no sane person thinks about all those small details, just thought it's interesting to point out for whatever reason (I guess no one actually cares though and people will think I am crazy 😄)

Edited by Coizu

1 minute ago, Coizu said:

Spongecase (wRiTiNg LiKe ThIs) wasn't a thing until 2017 and things were never named like this back then.

I can say for sure that at least Brazilian folks back in 2005 wrote like this all the time in MSN Messenger and Orkut. hehe

1 minute ago, CFRANS said:

I can say for sure that at least Brazilian folks back in 2005 wrote like this all the time in MSN Messenger and Orkut. hehe

Now that you say it I remember people doing that in like ICQ statuses or whatever. But I don't recall filenames being called like that on filesharing platforms like limewire, emule, kazaa or whatever the names were and I guess that's the reference.

So, a question that I haven't been able to see answered. A lot of people have reposted the tracklist for the Super Deluxe box, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what's on the Deluxe CD set...

Additionally, I found out that the vinyl in the Deluxe Vinyl set are Meteora, and both LPU and Live Rarities, but surely the LPU portion is 2xLP? The image seems to only have one but that disc is about an hour which doesn't fit well onto 1LP

21 minutes ago, HybridSuns said:

So, a question that I haven't been able to see answered. A lot of people have reposted the tracklist for the Super Deluxe box, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what's on the Deluxe CD set...

Additionally, I found out that the vinyl in the Deluxe Vinyl set are Meteora, and both LPU and Live Rarities, but surely the LPU portion is 2xLP? The image seems to only have one but that disc is about an hour which doesn't fit well onto 1LP

If my memory from yesterday isn’t completely shot, the Deluxe CD had “Lost” added to the main album after “Numb,” and included the LPU Rarities as a second disc (much like Hybrid Theory 20th digi-pack CD included the B-Side Rarities).

I’m pretty sure the Deluxe vinyl was listed with LPU Rarities as 2 LPs and Live Rarities as a single LP.

2 minutes ago, letdownagain said:

If my memory from yesterday isn’t completely shot, the Deluxe CD had “Lost” added to the main album after “Numb,” and included the LPU Rarities as a second disc (much like Hybrid Theory 20th digi-pack CD included the B-Side Rarities).

I’m pretty sure the Deluxe vinyl was listed with LPU Rarities as 2 LPs and Live Rarities as a single LP.

I hope that it will not be the same version of Lost and we will have also Lost [2002 Mix].

I know In the End's demo got released early for Hybrid 20th. I wonder if the song was complete enough if they would release Lost as the "single." I'm assuming LP probably doesn't want radio play from it though. I don't think the In the End demo got any radio play. Just streaming release.

28 minutes ago, letdownagain said:

The Live Rarities 2003/04 are also included on that version

1 minute ago, BrandonR24 said:

I know In the End's demo got released early for Hybrid 20th. I wonder if the song was complete enough if they would release Lost as the "single." I'm assuming LP probably doesn't want radio play from it though. I don't think the In the End demo got any radio play. Just streaming release.

Lost would be the equivalent to the She Couldn't single release from HT20, not the ITE demo.

1 hour ago, CFRANS said:

Here in Spain it was also very common back then to be writing in Spongecase. It surprised me when that kind of writing was resurrected. Perhaps wasn't so common in the P2P, but far from being a historical inaccuracy. But we all agree that Linking Park is such a cult classic.

HT20 was wonderful.

But this is amazing. At least 14 (15?) songs never heard, including demos and unreleased songs. 5 concerts (FIVE) + extended Making Of and, of course, that awesomeness of Meteora. Plus a one place collection of the live songs and demos previously released on the LPU and the singles cds.

Ah, all the graphic and packaging. Not least, finally, the possible appearances of the band, videos, interviews with the media, upgrade videos on YT and maybe, who knows, much more. Thanks LP, and thanks to this wonderful Fanbase. Let's enjoy M20

Edited by Chazy987

4 minutes ago, Chazy987 said:

HT20 was wonderful.

But this is amazing. At least 14 (15?) songs never heard, including demos and unreleased songs. 5 concerts (FIVE) + extended Making Of and, of course, that awesomeness of Meteora. Plus a one place collection of the live songs and demos previously released on the LPU and the singles cds.

Ah, all the graphic and packaging. Not least, finally, the possible appearances of the band, videos, interviews with the media, upgrade videos on YT and maybe, who knows, much more. Thanks LP, and thanks to this wonderful Fanbase. Let's enjoy M20

The 15th song is "Lost (2002 Mix)", but I'm not sure if it's on Meteora 20 or not. It was on the Demos tracklist in the list of tracklists that @martinez leaked, but it wasn't a part of the Lost Demos tracklist of the boxset on the Warner Music website when they accidentally put up the Meteora 20 stuff on their site.

8 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

The 15th song is "Lost (2002 Mix)", but I'm not sure if it's on Meteora 20 or not. It was on the Demos tracklist in the list of tracklists that @martinez leaked, but it wasn't a part of the Lost Demos tracklist of the boxset on the Warner Music website when they accidentally put up the Meteora 20 stuff on their site.

My idea has always been this, since the leak: Lost, as the first track of the demo CD, has been completely redone by the band in the last period. And it will be the first single: it will be perceived as yes, a song rejected by the Meteora sessions, but also as a relaunch of the band. Lost (2002 Mix) is instead the original idea, and will be released in some way, even if it is not in the Warner leak. Maybe, as a bonus in the basic edition of the CD or in the digital one.
Maybe it's too much flight, but it's nice to dream.

My "Meteora 20" wishlist had a DVD of the $2 Bill Detroit show (in full), or a full show from the US LPU Tour, but no complaints from me after seeing the contents!

My favorite part has to be the Nottingham show. I was in my second year of college and stayed up all night to listen to the Webcast. I still remember hearing "Lying From You" for the first time, and playing the recording for my friend on our drive to see LP for the first time in Worcester, MA a week later on the LPU Tour. Can't wait to listen to a better quality recording of the FULL show!!!

3 minutes ago, HybridSuns said:

Just realized one of the demos is "Healing Foot". A parallel to "Broken Foot", perhaps?

They have been a couple people (including me) that have though that.

Edited by NJPLP

I have a strange feeling that the band has wanted the Lost Demos to resemble the structure of the original Meteora album. That's why my prediction is that Wesside is an instrumental and Resolution is a song with vocals, similarly to how Session and Numb are juxtaposed on Meteora. It seems odd to me that on the tracklist there are have two unreleased tracks after all of these demo versions of known songs, hence my prediction. Probably the entire Lost Demos CD won't resemble the sequencing of Meteora and we'll get one or two more instrumentals on it (the titles such as Massive or Healing Foot sound like instrumentals, for instance). However, I think that the band's wanted to achieve the "full album feeling" with this CD. I hope I'm right, I would love Resolution to be an alternative to Numb. Maybe there will be a typical stripped-down ballad? There are no such songs on Meteora but we don't know what they came up with while working on the album. She Couldn't sounds like nothing from HT so anything is possible, to be fair. I would love to hear an epic ballad with soft Chester's vocals. Well, time will tell!