Recording of the Week 4.0 #4: Offenbach 2001 Audio

lpliveusername

Christmas time is here again and we have a treat for you! The Recording of the Week is a previously unknown and completely uncirculated audio recording of Linkin Park's performance in Offenbach, Germany on March 12, 2001 while supporting Deftones on their Back To School Tour in promotion of their classic White Pony album. We didn't even have a setlist for this show!

This is, however, not the complete show. It starts on the second half of 'Papercut,' which, based on other setlists from the tour, means that 'With You' and 'Runaway' are missing. There is also a cut at the very end of 'A Place For My Head,' with the recording resuming after the intro of 'Forgotten.'

The good news is that the quality is pretty good, especially for an audience recording that old. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Download:
LPLive: Direct Link
Show page

On 12/25/2022 at 10:48 PM, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

There's some kind of magic in the way that recordings from 2000 and 2001 sound, probably because the shows were played in small places they sound like this but the band sounds so raw, so genuine just before they upgraded their gear and started to sound almost flawless.

I think it's a combination of the band being young and the way these recordings were made. Sure, room size might matter here and there but in this case we are talking about a sizeable crowd at a major festival.

Great stuff, really enjoying these recordings. Thanks to everyone involved!

Edit: Sorry, I mixed up the threads. You are totally right about room size in this case of course :)

Edited by Trumtram

Hello there!

Wow what a surprise. This is really cool. Had no idea this existed.
This show always stood out to me because it was LPs closest performance to my home for many years until they returned to Frankfurt in 2008. 

On 1/2/2023 at 8:42 AM, Trumtram said:

I think it's a combination of the band being young and the way these recordings were made. Sure, room size might matter here and there but in this case we are talking about a sizeable crowd at a major festival.

Great stuff, really enjoying these recordings. Thanks to everyone involved!

Edit: Sorry, I mixed up the threads. You are totally right about room size in this case of course :)

seems on the show page it says a concert hall Not Festival

2 hours ago, lpfan12 said:

seems on the show page it says a concert hall Not Festival

Yeah, I thought I was in the Rock im Park thread. See the edit on my previous post. Sorry for the confusion.

• 2 weeks later...