Download: 'Talking To Myself' (Radio Edit)

lpliveusername

This isn't just a different mix, guys. There are several things here that are just flat-out not present in the album version. The bass is a completely different recording (the syncopation in the verses is slightly different, plus the drastic difference in tone), and that synth that doubles the main guitar melody is nowhere to be found in the multitracks for the album mix.

3 hours ago, Astat said:

This isn't just a different mix, guys. There are several things here that are just flat-out not present in the album version. The bass is a completely different recording (the syncopation in the verses is slightly different, plus the drastic difference in tone), and that synth that doubles the main guitar melody is nowhere to be found in the multitracks for the album mix.

Yeah and I don’t know if it’s just me but the low pitched backing vocals (where do you go/nobody’s home...) are slightly different, like less robotic in a certain sense but more “distorted”, don’t know how to explain it lol 

Edited by STRANGELOVE92

45 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

I wonder if this would have been the version played on rock stations while the album version would hit pop/variety stations?

Actually the radio single could have more than one song. The tracklist could look like this:

01.Radio Edit

02.Album Version

We don't know that and we can't confirm this, if there was just one track or more.

Edited by martinez

Wow this is a great surprise! Thank you so much for sharing!

I think this mix is a bit weird. The vocals in the verses seem too loud, while in the chorus they seem too quiet to my ears. I really like the turned up main riff and gang vocals though, wish they sounded like this in the album mix.

Btw remember Mike mentioned that song "Friendly Fire" that never got released? Now I'm wondering if that's circling around somewhere as well :D

1 hour ago, RickLPL said:

Wow this is a great surprise! Thank you so much for sharing!

I think this mix is a bit weird. The vocals in the verses seem too loud, while in the chorus they seem too quiet to my ears. I really like the turned up main riff and gang vocals though, wish they sounded like this in the album mix.

Btw remember Mike mentioned that song "Friendly Fire" that never got released? Now I'm wondering if that's circling around somewhere as well :D

Oh man when Friendly Fire will drop... 😍 I love BS and NCSM so I can’t wait for that 

2 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

I can just wonder how many unheard demo songs with vocals we still have.
I suppose we could still have two full length albums.

I was talking to a friend a few days ago, and yeah, we really could have a ton of demos with vocals, just think about Friendly Fire or Thoughts that take away my pride ... and consider we never got a THP demo with vocals. 

Edited by STRANGELOVE92

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 9:46 PM, Coizu said:

Seems like I am the only person who prefers the album mix over this version.

Same, it's a very interesting version but I like the album version better by quite a bit. It sounds much fuller even though the alternate mix has cool details.