Dave Garrett's Story (Former Bassist of Karma, Relative Degree, & Xero)

NJPLP

NJPLP (Me): Do you remember the names of the Relative Degree songs that you wrote and rehearsed with the band for a year and, if so, do you have the songs? Also, do you remember the setlist of the Relative Degree Roxy show you played on May 17, 1996? Just wanting to know/wondering. If you don't remember, that's fine too, I guess.

DaveG (Dave Garrett): Unfortunately, I don't remember any of the song names or have the setlist. I think the stuff that would be of most interest that I do remember is how we met and about Rob, Brad, and Mark. There is some info out there that isn't correct about how the band met. Rob went to Calabasas High School, not Agoura. Rob and I met when he was a sophomore in HS and had played in bands with him throughout HS (Karma, being one of them). In 1995, I was a couple of years older, so I left for College (CSULB) and I met Mark Wakefield while giving someone bass lessons in the dorms. Mark and I met up and started playing with some guys locally in Long Beach, but I suggested that we needed to jam with Rob because he was an amazing drummer, a little bit of a drive from Long Beach but was doable since we were both from the Calabasas/Agoura area. Mark knew a guitarist Brad, that he was good friends with from HS and got him involved too. This was the first time that Mark, Brad, Rob, and I would play together, and we really jelled well together. We were big into 311 and Deftones and they influenced our sound for Relative Degree. We would practice Thursday - Sundays at Rob's house for about a year. I remember more about what we did than the specifics of each song. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

NJPLP (Me): Do you still have ties to Brad, Rob, and Mark? Basically what I'm saying is, do you still talk to Brad, Rob, and Mark?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): No, we have lost contact, but are still on good terms with each other if we were to see one another.

NJPLP (Me): Have you messaged them through Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): No, I haven't. It is hard because they have so many different fans that send them stuff that it would just get lost in the group. Plus, Rob and Mark seem quiet on social media, or they were anyway. I did meet up with them a long time ago when they were touring out here in Long Beach and caught up with them all. That was awesome for me. It has been awesome to see Mark go on and manage some of the bands we used to listen to daily like Deftones and SOAD. It would be cool if I were able to find a way to get back in touch, but also not looking to be that stalker guy lol.

NJPLP (Me): What about Brad?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): No, lost touch with Brad too. Our lives just went in different directions. I would love to talk to him again, but haven't talked in a long time.

NJPLP (Me): What are you doing nowadays?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I have been blessed with four beautiful children and a wonderful wife. I have a job that I love as a Store Manager for a Retail Company. I still play music from time to time but not the same amount as before. My kids have been picking up guitar which has been fun to watch.

NJPLP (Me): How did you meet Mike Shinoda, if you met him back then, that is?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I met Mike through Mark and Brad. They were friends because the three of them went to Agoura High School together. Mike would come to our practices occasionally, and we would also spend time together frequently as a group back then. It was a fun group, we had lots of laughs for sure. I also had practiced with Xero when they first got their little practice studio in Hollywood. So, I knew Mike pretty well.

NJPLP (Me): What songs did you practice with Xero when they got their first practice studio in Hollywood, if you remember, that is?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): Esaul, Stick N Move, Rhinestone (even though I don't remember it being called that at the time), Reading My Eyes, Dialate. I only practiced there a couple of times with them.

NJPLP (Me): What was Rhinestone called at that time?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): We would always just call it ‘From the Top to the Bottom’ but I don't remember that song having a name at the time, but it could have, and I am just blurry on it now.

NJPLP (Me): Do you have the Relative Degree Songs, even though you don't remember the names of the songs?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I do have some songs on cassette somewhere. The quality was bad. I looked for it a while back and didn't have any luck finding it.

DaveG (Dave Garrett):

Also, don't know if you saw, but I upload a couple photos from our show at the Roxy.

Relative Degree 4.jpg

Relative Degree 1.jpg

Relative Degree 3.jpg

Relative Degree 2.jpg

NJPLP (Me): When did Xero get their first practice studio?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I believe it was in late 96, early 97. I didn't have any part in actually renting it, I just practiced there a couple times with them.

NJPLP (Me): Do you know anything about the Xero demos of 'Deftest', 'Dreamer', and 'Weight'? 

'Deftest' is a early Xero demo that was written around the same time as 'Dialate', the song you mentioned that you practiced with Xero when they got their first practice studio. But I think it was just Mike and Mark that did it on a 4-track cassette demo. It was first mentioned by Mike on Twitch on October 15, 2020. Have you heard it?

Also, 'Dreamer' and 'Weight' were Xero demos that were featured on a Xero DAT tape with 'Rhinestone', that you mentioned earlier that you and the band called 'From the Top to The Bottom', and a song you practiced with the band as well. The demos of 'Dreamer' and 'Weight' were unheard of and are unreleased to this day. Have you heard those?

F902HERDxL-H136LaNFrIgYKzvZklXIW8vEZwKrhAnZ6Qu2fk5eVewcQ97lZBpGAx-71FCKofdqH-CGhN9HRcWaDKJb19Un_9SYsEuWTYek6YW8Qg_RG4gw0X449zj3VE4jJXBS3

The photo was featured in Jeff Blue's book 'One Step Closer: From Xero to #1: Becoming Linkin Park' that was released on December 8, 2020.

Here's some info on the songs just so you know what I'm talking about.

Deftest - List Of Unreleased Songs - Linkinpedia

Dreamer & Weight - List Of Unreleased Songs - Linkinpedia

Just wondering.

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I have definitely heard that demo tape with Deftest and Dialate. I have a cassette of it somewhere. :) The summer after Relative Degree stopped playing, Mark had spent the summer in Agoura and he and Mike put together a couple of songs. Both songs were created before they ever got a practice studio in Hollywood, they were just made at either Mike's or Mark's parents' place. I know Mike said Deftest sounded like shit, but I loved the song because it was such a new sound.  

As far as Dreamer and Weight those would have come after I practiced with them, or they hadn't asked me to play those.  

NJPLP (Me): Do you know what other demos are on that demo tape with 'Deftest' and 'Dialate'? Also, are there any other Xero songs you practiced with Xero when they got their first practice studio that you didn't mention before? Additionally, have you heard of a Xero song called ‘Spark Marker’? Brad once mentioned the song during an LPU chat, saying it was a "cult classic", but his statement is mostly regarded as a joke. Is it a real song, or is it not a real song?

Just wondering.

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I think I have mentioned all the songs I practiced with them. I love Brad's humor in this interview! I think 'Spark Marker' was either a joke or a joke song (which they did a lot of back then).  

NJPLP (Me): Are there any other demos that are on that demo tape with 'Deftest' and 'Dialate'?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I have some stuff that hasn't been released but it wasn't part of that Demo tape

NJPLP (Me): What stuff? Other demo tapes? Demo CD's?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): Some additional songs that are not part of any official "demo" tape.

NJPLP (Me): Is it just ‘Deftest’ and ‘Dialate’ that are on that demo tape you mentioned that Mike and Mark did back in the summer of 1996 or is there more on that demo tape? Also, if you find the cassettes, could it be possible for you to take photos of the cassettes and scans of the artwork, if there is any artwork, and share the photos and scans with me?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): The initial songs that Mark brought back to me that summer were Dialate and Deftest. It wasn't a demo, just some songs they had put together and they were literally just on a blank cassette, so no art work or anything like that. It was pretty exciting stuff because near the end of Relative Degree that was really the direction we were wanting to move into after having some jam sessions with Mike goofing around with Relative Degree.

NJPLP (Me): Can you share a photo of the cassette with me, possibly?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): If I find it, sure. I did find on an old computer some of the digital files of early Xero stuff. 12 tracks of different songs. It has Dialate, Deftest, Stick N Move, Pictureboard, and some other songs that are definitely unreleased and that are pretty raw and very early in their work. The songs are untitled. 

NJPLP (Me): Could you be able share the cassette's audio and photos with LPLive?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I did share a small clip from a couple songs during a zoom interview I just had. Stay tuned for them to release the interview.

NJPLP (Me): Could you be able to share those digital files of the early Xero stuff with me, possibly?

NJPLP (Me): You can share the Xero song files with me through Google Drive (https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/my-drive), Mega (https://mega.io/), ect.

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I can't share the files at this time, sorry. I just shared a 30 to 45 second stream of a couple songs on the interview. So you will be able to hear a piece of it soon.

NJPLP (Me): Maybe sometime after the interview is released?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): Maybe. I really want to make sure it is good with Mike, Brad, Rob and Mark first. I'm trying to get in touch with them first. But I hope to eventually release them if I get consent. 

NJPLP (Me): Okay. Maybe you can message me when you get consent to release the tracks.

DaveG (Dave Garrett): Will do.

NJPLP (Me): Could you, maybe, share some of the lyrics from the untitled songs on Google doc with me so I could tell what the songs are? Maybe the chorus lyrics of the untitled songs? Could you also, possibly, share the full lyrics of Deftest with me on a Google doc?

NJPLP (Me): The full lyrics to the untitled songs?

NJPLP (Me): Sorry to bother you at the moment, but do you have lyrics done yet? Just wondering.

DaveG (Dave Garrett): No, I don't. I have been out on vacation with my family, so I haven't had the time to sit down to do it yet. It probably will take a couple of weeks at least, having four little kids slows down the process a lot lol.

NJPLP (Me): Are there any other Relative Degree / Xero demos that you have?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I have a couple more Xero demos (more Mike and Mark during the Xero time frame) but most of them are not very good songs. But it does show how much they were experimenting with mixing rap beats with metal. As far as Relative Degree, I haven't been able to find any of our stuff and it has been years (decades lol) since I have really spent any time looking. I plan on doing some digging through stuff in the coming months and hope I find some.

NJPLP (Me): Do you know the names of those "couple other" Xero demos? Also, do you know the actual names of those 6 unknown Xero demos you have that are a part of the 12 digital Xero demo files you have on that old computer with Deftest, Dialate, Stick N Move, Esaul, Rhinestone, and Pictureboard?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): They are unnamed.

NJPLP (Me): Sorry to bother you again, but do you have the lyrics to the songs done yet? It's been a little over a couple of weeks. Just wondering.

DaveG (Dave Garrett): No, I haven't had any free time to work on them yet. I saw that people worked on the lyrics after I posted the snippets of the songs, so I figure that work has been done for me :)

NJPLP (Me): Yeah, but that's just the first verse, chorus, and part of the second verse for "Deftest" and one of those untitled songs that you played snippets of. Can you do the rest of the lyrics to those two songs, as well as the lyrics to the other untitled songs you have?

NJPLP (Me): Also, do you know what the song is that plays before Rhinestone at Xero's show with the Bredrin Daddy's on Febuary 27th, 1998? 

Here's the clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjVo4Ij4_M0
It's at the beginning of the video.

DaveG (Dave Garrett): Unfortunately, I can't make it out, too bad of quality for me to tell what song.

NJPLP (Me): Do you remember the names of the Karma songs that you wrote with the band and, if so, do you have the songs?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I do not remember the names. I reached out to the old guitarist and he has some songs on cassette that he was going to get me when he has time.

NJPLP (Me): Were there any other bands you were in besides Karma and Relative Degree? Or was it just those two bands?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I have played in bands since I was 13 years old. The first band was a Metallica cover band and most of them were just jam bands. The only other one I played in with a name was Insomnia, before Karma and Relative Degree. That band never played in a show.

All this information came from DaveG (Dave Garrett), so... thank him for this information!

Edited by NJPLP

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2022 at 7:34 PM, NJPLP said:

NJPLP (Me): Do you remember the names of the Relative Degree songs that you wrote and rehearsed with the band for a year and, if so, do you have the songs? Also, do you remember the setlist of the Relative Degree Roxy show you played on May 17, 1996? Just wanting to know/wondering. If you don't remember, that's fine too, I guess.

DaveG (Dave Garrett): Unfortunately, I don't remember any of the song names or have the setlist. I think the stuff that would be of most interest that I do remember is how we met and about Rob, Brad, and Mark. There is some info out there that isn't correct about how the band met.  Rob went to Calabasas High School, not Agoura. Rob and I met when he was a sophomore in HS and had played in bands with him throughout HS (Karma, being one of them). In 1995, I was a couple of years older, so I left for College (CSULB) and I met Mark Wakefield while giving someone bass lessons in the dorms. Mark and I met up and started playing with some guys locally in Long Beach, but I suggested that we needed to jam with Rob because he was an amazing drummer, a little bit of a drive from Long Beach but was doable since we were both from the Calabasas/Agoura area. Mark knew a guitarist Brad, that he was good friends with from HS and got him involved too. This was the first time that Mark, Brad, Rob, and I would play together, and we really jelled well together. We were big into 311 and Deftones and they influenced our sound for Relative Degree. We would practice Thursday - Sundays at Rob's house for about a year. I remember more about what we did than the specifics of each song. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

NJPLP (Me): Do you still have ties to Brad, Rob, and Mark? Basically what I'm saying is, do you still talk to Brad, Rob, and Mark?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): No, we have lost contact, but are still on good terms with each other if we were to see one and other.

NJPLP (Me): Have you messaged them through Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): No, I haven't. It is hard because they have so many different fans that send them stuff that it would just get lost in the group. Plus, Rob and Mark seem quiet on social media, or they were anyway. I did meet up with them a long time ago when they were touring out here in Long Beach and caught up with them all. That was awesome for me. It has been awesome to see Mark go on and manage some of the bands we used to listen to daily like Deftones and SOAD. It would be cool if I were able to find a way to get back in touch, but also not looking to be that stalker guy lol.

NJPLP (Me): What about Brad?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): No, lost touch with Brad too. Our lives just went in different directions. I would love to talk to him again, but haven't talked in a long time.

NJPLP (Me): What are you doing nowadays?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I have been blessed with four beautiful children and a wonderful wife. I have a job that I love as a Store Manager for a Retail Company. I still play music from time to time but not the same amount as before. My kids have been picking up guitar which has been fun to watch.

NJPLP (Me): How did you meet Mike Shinoda, if you met him back then, that is?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I met Mike through Mark and Brad. They were friends because the three of them went to Agoura High School together. Mike would come to our practices occasionally, and we would also spend time together frequently as a group back then. It was a fun group, we had lots of laughs for sure. I also had practiced with Xero when they first got their little practice studio in Hollywood. So, I knew Mike pretty well.

NJPLP (Me): What songs did you practice with Xero when they got their first practice studio in Hollywood, if you remember, that is?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): Esaul, Stick N Move, Rhinestone (even though I don't remember it being called that at the time), Reading My Eyes, Dialate. I only practiced there a couple of times with them.

NJPLP (Me): What was Rhinestone called at that time?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): We would always just call it ‘From the Top to the Bottom’ but I don't remember that song having a name at the time, but it could have, and I am just blurry on it now.

NJPLP (Me): Do you have the Relative Degree Songs, even though you don't remember the names of the songs?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I do have some songs on cassette somewhere. The quality was bad. I looked for it a while back and didn't have any luck finding it.

DaveG (Dave Garrett):

Also, don't know if you saw, but I upload a couple photos from our show at the Roxy.

Relative Degree 4.jpg

Relative Degree 1.jpg

Relative Degree 3.jpg

Relative Degree 2.jpg

NJPLP (Me): When did Xero get their first practice studio?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I believe it was in late 96, early 97. I didn't have any part in actually renting it, I just practiced there a couple times with them.

NJPLP (Me): Do you know anything about the Xero demos of 'Deftest', 'Dreamer', and 'Weight'? 

'Deftest' is a early Xero demo that was written around the same time as 'Dialate', the song you mentioned that you practiced with Xero when they got their first practice studio. But I think it was just Mike and Mark that did it on a 4-track cassette demo. It was first mentioned by Mike on Twitch on October 15, 2020. Have you heard it?

Also, 'Dreamer' and 'Weight' were Xero demos that were featured on a Xero DAT tape with 'Rhinestone', that you mentioned earlier that you and the band called 'From the Top to The Bottom', and a song you practiced with the band as well. The demos of 'Dreamer' and 'Weight' were unheard of and are unreleased to this day. Have you heard those?

F902HERDxL-H136LaNFrIgYKzvZklXIW8vEZwKrhAnZ6Qu2fk5eVewcQ97lZBpGAx-71FCKofdqH-CGhN9HRcWaDKJb19Un_9SYsEuWTYek6YW8Qg_RG4gw0X449zj3VE4jJXBS3

The photo was featured in Jeff Blue's book 'One Step Closer: From Xero to #1: Becoming Linkin Park' that was released on December 8, 2020.

Here's some info on the songs just so you know what I'm talking about.

Deftest - List Of Unreleased Songs - Linkinpedia

Dreamer & Weight - List Of Unreleased Songs - Linkinpedia

Just wondering.

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I have definitely heard that demo tape with Deftest and Dialate. I have a cassette of it somewhere. :) The summer after Relative Degree stopped playing, Mark had spent the summer in Agoura and he and Mike put together a couple of songs. Both songs were created before they ever got a practice studio in Hollywood, they were just made at either Mike's or Mark's parents' place. I know Mike said Deftest sounded like shit, but I loved the song because it was such a new sound.  

As far as Dreamer and Weight those would have come after I practiced with them, or they hadn't asked me to play those.  

NJPLP (Me): Do you know what other demos are on that demo tape with 'Deftest' and 'Dialate'? Also, are there any other Xero songs you practiced with Xero when they got their first practice studio that you didn't mention before? Additionally, have you heard of a Xero song called ‘Spark Marker’? Brad once mentioned the song during an LPU chat, saying it was a "cult classic", but his statement is mostly regarded as a joke. Is it a real song, or is it not a real song?

Just wondering.

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I think I have mentioned all the songs I practiced with them. I love Brad's humor in this interview! I think 'Spark Marker' was either a joke or a joke song (which they did a lot of back then).  

NJPLP (Me): Are there any other demos that are on that demo tape with 'Deftest' and 'Dialate'?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I have some stuff that hasn't been released but it wasn't part of that Demo tape

NJPLP (Me): What stuff? Other demo tapes? Demo CD's?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): Some additional songs that are not part of any official "demo" tape.

NJPLP (Me): Is it just ‘Deftest’ and ‘Dialate’ that are on that demo tape you mentioned that Mike and Mark did back in the summer of 1996 or is there more on that demo tape? Also, if you find the cassettes, could it be possible for you to take photos of the cassettes and scans of the artwork, if there is any artwork, and share the photos and scans with me?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): The initial songs that Mark brought back to me that summer were Dialate and Deftest. It wasn't a demo, just some songs they had put together and they were literally just on a blank cassette, so no art work or anything like that. It was pretty exciting stuff because near the end of Relative Degree that was really the direction we were wanting to move into after having some jam sessions with Mike goofing around with Relative Degree.

DaveG (Dave Garrett): If I find it, sure. I did find on an old computer some of the digital files of early Xero stuff. 12 tracks of different songs. It has Dialate, Deftest, Stick N Move, Pictureboard, and some other songs that are definitely unreleased and that are pretty raw and very early in their work. The songs are untitled. 

NJPLP (Me): Could you be able share the cassette's audio and photos with LPLive?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I did share a small clip from a couple songs during a zoom interview I just had. Stay tuned for them to release the interview.

NJPLP (Me): Could you be able to share those digital files of the early Xero stuff with me, possibly?

NJPLP (Me): You can share the Xero song files with me through Google Drive (https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/my-drive), Mega (https://mega.io/), ect.

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I can't share the files at this time, sorry. I just shared a 30 to 45 second stream of a couple songs on the interview. So you will be able to hear a piece of it soon.

DaveG (Dave Garrett): Maybe. I really want to make sure it is good with Mike, Brad, Rob and Mark first. I'm trying to get in touch with them first. But I hope to eventually release them if I get consent. 

NJPLP (Me): Okay. Maybe you can message me when you get consent to release the tracks.

NJPLP (Me): Could you, maybe, share some of the lyrics from the untitled songs on Google doc with me so I could tell what the songs are? Maybe the chorus lyrics of the untitled songs? Could you also, possibly, share the full lyrics of Deftest with me on a Google doc?

NJPLP (Me): The full lyrics to the untitled songs?

NJPLP (Me): Sorry to bother you at the moment, but do you have lyrics done yet? Just wondering.

DaveG (Dave Garrett): No, I don't. I have been out on vacation with my family, so I haven't had the time to sit down to do it yet. It probably will take a couple of weeks at least, having four little kids slows down the process a lot lol.

NJPLP (Me): Are there any other Relative Degree / Xero demos that you have?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): I have a couple more Xero demos (more Mike and Mark during the Xero time frame) but most of them are not very good songs. But it does show how much they were experimenting with mixing rap beats with metal. As far as Relative Degree, I haven't been able to find any of our stuff and it has been years (decades lol) since I have really spent any time looking. I plan on doing some digging through stuff in the coming months and hope I find some.

NJPLP (Me): Do you know the names of those "couple other" Xero demos? Also, do you know the actual names of those 6 unknown Xero demos you have that are a part of the 12 digital Xero demo files you have on that old computer with Deftest, Dialate, Stick N Move, Esaul, Rhinestone, and Pictureboard?

DaveG (Dave Garrett): They are unnamed.

All this information came from DaveG (Dave Garrett), so... thank him for this information!

Harrasing members since 1995 I'm proud of you guys, make sure he shares it only to you through mega that'll be inconspicuous big brain moment

40 minutes ago, Awalkinthelinkinpark said:

Harrasing members since 1995 I'm proud of you guys, make sure he shares it only to you through mega that'll be inconspicuous big brain moment

On 2/11/2022 at 11:34 AM, NJPLP said:

He said that he needs to get into contact with Mike, Brad, Rob, and Mark to get consent from them to release the tracks.

9 hours ago, hybrider said:

He could just leak them and nobody would care about it.

Maybe if he leaked them, but I also kinda doubt that nobody would care about it.

Edited by NJPLP

• NJPLP changed the title to Dave Garrett's Story (Former Bassist of Karma and Relative Degree)
On 3/28/2022 at 4:31 PM, NJPLP said:

He said that he needs to get into contact with Mike, Brad, Rob, and Mark to get consent from them to release the tracks.

you were very shrewd with the questions. I am impressed i have reccomended you to my e-e-employers an-

ok nvm you just went ass first and asked for freebies, you might as well wanted a wank. Man you gotta milk him, ask how he's doing, does he have any regrets, you making any more music now? stuff like that then you get down to business most ricky tick. Said my piece, peace out homedawg

10 hours ago, Awalkinthelinkinpark said:

you were very shrewd with the questions. I am impressed i have reccomended you to my e-e-employers an-

ok nvm you just went ass first and asked for freebies, you might as well wanted a wank. Man you gotta milk him, ask how he's doing, does he have any regrets, you making any more music now? stuff like that then you get down to business most ricky tick. Said my piece, peace out homedawg

I don't want to pressure him or scare him off by spamming him multiple questions. Also, he's currently working at his job as a store manager at a retail company and I think the questions I'm giving him may pressure him more than he is when he's already working his job, unless he isn't pressured when he's working at his job or his job is easy.

Edited by NJPLP

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 8:05 PM, NJPLP said:

I don't want to pressure him or scare him off by spamming him multiple questions. Also, he's currently working at his job as a store manager at a retail company and I think the questions I'm giving him may pressure him more than he is when he's already working his job, unless he isn't pressured when he's working at his job or his job is easy.

Twas a joke amicus but have you heard of the auction? We ga-ah get it

• NJPLP changed the title to Dave Garrett's Story (Former Bassist of Karma, Relative Degree, & Xero)