Jump to content

LPLive Interview with TJ Demonte


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Is this the guy that posted on this forum a couple of weeks (or months, rather) ago?

The one that had an Xero demo or something like that?

 

Edit: Ah, he is, isn't he? He's also the one that uploaded Pictureboard years ago?
But wasn't that the lawyer dude? God, this is confusing :D

That was Andrew Lanoie, not TJ Demonte.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Is this the guy that posted on this forum a couple of weeks (or months, rather) ago?

The one that had an Xero demo or something like that?

 

Edit: Ah, he is, isn't he? He's also the one that uploaded Pictureboard years ago?
But wasn't that the lawyer dude? God, this is confusing :D

Nope.

Andrew Lanoie = Pictureboard with Mark

TJ Demonte = Audition Tape

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, MrS said:

Nope.

Andrew Lanoie = Pictureboard with Mark

TJ Demonte = Audition Tape

 

19 hours ago, NJPLP said:

That was Andrew Lanoie, not TJ Demonte.

 

But TJ is the one who randomly posted on this forum, right?
The one who uploaded a short clip of a tape deck playing that one audition tape?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Seelentau said:

 

 

But TJ is the one who randomly posted on this forum, right?
The one who uploaded a short clip of a tape deck playing that one audition tape?

Yup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Did he call out Xero for not playing the Roxy or Wisky before immediately going into saying Xero was formed by the label? 

 

He sounded dope though in his demo tho, he seems kinda salty at times but just as a person I don't think it would have been a fit personality wise. 

 

He just trashed Jeff Blue for being non committal, but then also trashes Chester and saying "Well if Jeff knew Chester immediately, why go all in on me?"

So was he non committal or too invested? Follows it up by then saying he was the first, so obviously they hadn't found Chester yet. 

 

He didn't blow it, Mike and Brad wouldn't have let it

Edited by mattyice318
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, mattyice318 said:

Did he call out Xero for not playing the Roxy or Wisky before immediately going into saying Xero was formed by the label?

I don't know if you watched our videos with Jeff Blue and Rob McDermott (or even if this video in particular was published yet) but McDermott makes similar remarks regarding the band not playing live. He, and basically everyone outside of their circle, thought it was really strange that this band no one had ever heard about already had a publishing deal and (in the case of McDermott) was about to get signed by a major label. The band said themselves several times they wrote a lot more than they played live. Back in those days you needed to play live in order to create a buzz and get the attention of label executives, which is something Xero didn't do. They mostly played private showcases. Even the few public shows we know about, Jeff Blue says they only played because there were record label people in the audience. So to be fair to TJ, I can see how one would think the band was manufactured, because they came out of nowhere in his eyes. We once heard a similar claim from someone who went to the same highschool as them. Obviously we know this isn't true.

 

11 hours ago, mattyice318 said:

He just trashed Jeff Blue for being non committal, but then also trashes Chester and saying "Well if Jeff knew Chester immediately, why go all in on me?"

So was he non committal or too invested? Follows it up by then saying he was the first, so obviously they hadn't found Chester yet.

I mean, they took some time to commit to Chester. Maybe Jeff Blue knew right away that Chester was the right person, but the band was still unsure and doing auditions even after they met Chester. I remember Chester saying he was angry and Jeff's book says Chester was starting to lose his patience with this situation and about to go back home. This is why I'll never say for sure that someone was the first or that Chester was the last.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, mattyice318 said:

Did he call out Xero for not playing the Roxy or Wisky before immediately going into saying Xero was formed by the label? 

 

He sounded dope though in his demo tho, he seems kinda salty at times but just as a person I don't think it would have been a fit personality wise. 

 

He just trashed Jeff Blue for being non committal, but then also trashes Chester and saying "Well if Jeff knew Chester immediately, why go all in on me?"

So was he non committal or too invested? Follows it up by then saying he was the first, so obviously they hadn't found Chester yet. 

 

He didn't blow it, Mike and Brad wouldn't have let it

Where can we heard his demo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

don't know if you watched our videos with Jeff Blue and Rob McDermott (or even if this video in particular was published yet) but McDermott makes similar remarks regarding the band not playing live. He, and basically everyone outside of their circle, thought it was really strange that this band no one had ever heard about already had a publishing deal and (in the case of McDermott) was about to get signed by a major label. The band said themselves several times they wrote a lot more than they played live. Back in those days you needed to play live in order to create a buzz and get the attention of label executives, which is something Xero didn't do. They mostly played private showcases. Even the few public shows we know about, Jeff Blue says they only played because there were record label people in the audience. So to be fair to TJ, I can see how one would think the band was manufactured, because they came out of nowhere in his eyes. Obviously we know this isn't true.

I haven't. I made this comment before finishing the video, I will check them out now because this video was truly interesting. The more I thought about it you were right, the lack of buzz could be easily be a red flag. Some things just seemed contradictory, which could be due to the 20+ years for a retelling to take place

 

Quote

We once heard a similar claim from someone who went to the same highschool as them

what was this claim?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mattyice318 said:

what was this claim?

Oh, it was a story someone from our staff wanted to include in this project but unfortunately we lost the messages. Someone who went to their school but wasn't really close to them said the band was assembled by the label and a little after highschool he ran into one of their dads who told him Mark was fired from the band and offered the job at Velvet Hammer as kind of a consolation prize. We were unable to verify this last part. Keep in mind we've heard a lot of stuff from a lot of people over the years that turned out to be untrue. For instance, we all know how the band actually got together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/1/2021 at 12:10 PM, Seelentau said:

Is this the guy that posted on this forum a couple of weeks (or months, rather) ago?

The one that had an Xero demo or something like that?

 

Edit: Ah, he is, isn't he? He's also the one that uploaded Pictureboard years ago?
But wasn't that the lawyer dude? God, this is confusing :D

 

Andrew released Pictureboard w Mark W.

 

TJ has the audition tape (instrumentals) Rhinestone/Esaul/Pictureboard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a quick request, can you please take a listen to my track:   "CALM"  on my Soundcloud, it is about the emotions of the story and an extension of "Fall Again" ( I tracked this for a demo when Aaron Lewis was starting 413 Records, the label did not release much, it was during the "cd to mp3 Napster / Limeware era ) Just wanted to get your feedback on that? Thank you!! You all are a great circle of enthusiasts and have been kind to me, so I just wondered?  I am also thinking about doing  a live stream on my channel maybe with more surprises, so if I could get some interest in that that would be helpful as well.

 

All the best,

 

TJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...