Matthew Heafy - In Defiance (Produced by Mike Shinoda) // Out June 18, 2021

PeppePark

Matthew Heafy from Trivium announced the release of his song "In Defiance" for June 18, 2021.

Mike produced the track on Twitch as part of his #ShinodaProduceMe initiative, on February 5th and February 9th.

About the original song he said:
"I got Matt's blessing to get weird with the track too. We're not gonna just make a metal track. We're not gonna make a Trivium track. If you wanted a Trivium track you could just get a Trivium track. You could go to Matt's channel and get that. So I'm gonna take his vocal, and even his guitar, and chop them up into little tiny bits, and run them through a meat grinder, and then we're gonna make a track out of it. I don't even know what we're gonna make. But the track he sent is so... its, like, epic! It's very, like, Matt standing on a mountaintop with a falcon on his wrist, who flies away and collects the bones of enemy clans, enemy warriors."

Matthew announced the release date on Instagram, confirming that he'll also release the original version:
"This is the “in defiance” OG version - it will be out soon as the @tidemanns_lifestyle and @cyruswatches metal theme song. “In Defiance” produced by Mike Shinoda will be out 6/19!!!"

EDIT:
The actual release date is June 18, 2021.

• PeppePark changed the title to Matthew Heafy - In Defiance (Produced by Mike Shinoda) // Out June 18, 2021