New Linkin Park Song: May 18!

cheloLP

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dam i hate people who just come on here to say stuff like.".well its main stream so there will be no screaming" shut the hell up cant u jsut be happy there will b a new song? and crank 2 was a mainstream movie, yet it used given up which had a lot of screaming. i hate ignorant people

So you hate me because I belive there will be no screaming. Okay..? It's an honest guess, there's nothing ignorant about it.

I am very happy that we're getting a new song. I have never said it would be a bad song, I just said I don't belive it will be heavy, that's all.

dam i hate people who just come on here to say stuff like.".well its main stream so there will be no screaming" shut the hell up cant u jsut be happy there will b a new song? and crank 2 was a mainstream movie, yet it used given up which had a lot of screaming. i hate ignorant people

Crank 2 is nowhere near as mainstream as transformers is. This song will be representing the movie; it was made exclusively for the movie meanwhile given up was not. You can't really make comparisons. And I agree with the other post, I highly doubt there's any screaming on the track because of what I just said.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

Yes. That budget goes right against what mvaug002 is saying. A movie with such a big budget has to be sold to an as big audience as possible = the mainstream.

Again, I'm not sure there will be no screaming. It's just a guess.

you act like mainstream is like satan or something. Get over yourself. If it is popular and then labeled as mainstream then who cares. I only care about the music...

I still never actually quite understood what that song had to do w/ Transformers. I get the lyrics, but it still doesn't quite fit in w the movie.

The song was just used for bumblebee to say he was kickass. In the movie Optimus says and this is Bumblbee and because he was injured and could only talk through the radio he played the the song second to none. THe only part played was the line "And im Second To none"

And I am so looking forward to this as soon as i get home from school i am buying it on itunes.

I can see rapping and screaming both being used if you listen to the video just try to imagine mike rapping or Chester giving a scream when Rob hits the crash.

i totally agree we should just be happy

i totally agree we should just be happy

me too, everyone is just complaining, if you dont like it then dont listen to the song. linkin park is just one of those bands. they are going to change. deal with it or dont buy the album. nothing will ever (IMO) be better than hybrid theory, but MTM is still a great album, and im sure the next one will be too.

me too, everyone is just complaining, if you dont like it then dont listen to the song. linkin park is just one of those bands. they are going to change. deal with it or dont buy the album. nothing will ever (IMO) be better than hybrid theory, but MTM is still a great album, and im sure the next one will be too.

Amen!

The song was just used for bumblebee to say he was kickass. In the movie Optimus says and this is Bumblbee and because he was injured and could only talk through the radio he played the the song second to none. THe only part played was the line "And im Second To none"

And I am so looking forward to this as soon as i get home from school i am buying it on itunes.

I can see rapping and screaming both being used if you listen to the video just try to imagine mike rapping or Chester giving a scream when Rob hits the crash.

O yea I remember that, I need to see Transformers again lol.

_c2_ Posted Today, 07:59 AM

*excited*

Really looking forward to May 18th!

Do you guys think they'll add the new song to their setlists?

Yea, Chester said on Twitter they're gonna play it in the summer.

Man I can guarantee we're going to get no screaming or rapping on this song. This is a song exclusively made for a major motion picture. They need to make a song that's commercial and that appeals to everyone. A song following the formula of What I've Done best fit. Just a straight rock song with vocals from Chester singing the tune and guitars.

If you guys listen to elements of the score in the trailer towards the end, that sounds like what the song might sound during each verse. What you hear at the beginning of the trailer sounds like the intro, that building up-like tune using layered syths/keyboards is probably what each verse is going to sound like. I have a picture in my head right now. It should be a pretty good song along the lines of What I've Done and the vibe you get from a song like that versus a One Step Closer, From the Inside, etc