Happy 18th Birthday to Meteora!

LPLStaff

7 minutes ago, Bambitt said:

Yeah, some songs might be skippable, that applies to rest of bands catalogue. Its cool seeing the band evolve. Hope to see some kind of evolution on their next release whenever it may be released

Same here. I don’t see them coming back with something that sounds too similar to the past releases. A LP8 would basically be a “”rebirth”” after the trauma and the obvious period of hiatus so I’d expect something different from, say, OML. 

41 minutes ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Same here. I don’t see them coming back with something that sounds too similar to the past releases. A LP8 would basically be a “”rebirth”” after the trauma and the obvious period of hiatus so I’d expect something different from, say, OML. 

To be completely honest, I wouldn’t mind something different from OML. That album was wierd, but I get it. I dont expect ATS, which would be awesome, but I think it might be an album full of songs they would pull off live. That would be playable and wouldnt be like a milion backing tracks and some live instruments

2 minutes ago, Bambitt said:

To be completely honest, I wouldn’t mind something different from OML. That album was wierd, but I get it. I dont expect ATS, which would be awesome, but I think it might be an album full of songs they would pull off live. That would be playable and wouldnt be like a milion backing tracks and some live instruments

Yeah I see them experimenting with some tracks but also make something they can pull off live wise. Mainly because if they go on as a 5 piece Mike can’t double himself being “Chester and Mike” in one basically. 

Ah, Meteora, 18 years already, damn...

After listening to HT for years at this point back in the day (at one time even backwards because it felt "fresh" :D) I highly anticipated the new album. Almost everyday I would check lp.com for a new studio diary. When LPTV episodes started to drop I would hurry back home from school every tuesday to watch the newest episode with the hopes of getting some glimpses of new songs. I would rewatch those episode over and over again for it's small snippets. "Breaking The Habit" got hyped by the band beforehand for how experimental it was and they were right. When the website relaunched and it had the small snippt of "A.06" on its intro the hype built even more. Probably one of the most exciting moments for the community was the Nottingham show because it got streamed and therefore rips of a couple of new songs got available to a wider audience. I remember trying to not listen to those too much. When "Somewhere I Belong" dropped before that I listened to it on repeat for well over 100 times. I was so hyped.

Also I was one of the lucky ones who attended the LPU tour in Hamburg which was the second live show after the studio. On the drive to Hamburg my dad had to endure SIB on repeat for hours :D. The show was amazing, even though it worried/annoyed me how the audience changed. It was obvious at this point that even more teenage girls got into LP (especially Chester and Mike). At the Hamburg show (and every show from thereon out) there would be girls protected by their parents, screaming at the top of their lungs for the "cute" vocalists... When we started to mosh during the support act (Emil Bulls <3) angry fathers tried to intimidate us. When LP took the stage they luckily had to retreat because shit got crazy. Still, this show marked the end for "old school LP shows" in terms of crowd rowdiness on a broader scale. Something I dearly missed everytime I went to see them later on. After the show I had the pleasure of finally meeting Jessica which was one of the big names in the LP camp during the HT days. Also there was the probably best meet and greet with the band. We were only like 20-30 people? I really like to think back to this show.

I can go back to Meteora everytime. I like it as a whole (yes, "Hit The Floor", too, nice vibe, nice flow). One criticism that always remained was how many times they had the rewrite songs on that album but after learning a lot more about the making of HT I think it's easy to conclude that this was always the case for the band. Though, the lyrics felt too "easy" at times compared to HT. Still, whenever I pop this album in I feel like the 17 year old LP maniac all over again. Happy birthday! 

10 hours ago, Trumtram said:

Ah, Meteora, 18 years already, damn...

After listening to HT for years at this point back in the day (at one time even backwards because it felt "fresh" :D) I highly anticipated the new album. Almost everyday I would check lp.com for a new studio diary. When LPTV episodes started to drop I would hurry back home from school every tuesday to watch the newest episode with the hopes of getting some glimpses of new songs. I would rewatch those episode over and over again for it's small snippets. "Breaking The Habit" got hyped by the band beforehand for how experimental it was and they were right. When the website relaunched and it had the small snippt of "A.06" on its intro the hype built even more. Probably one of the most exciting moments for the community was the Nottingham show because it got streamed and therefore rips of a couple of new songs got available to a wider audience. I remember trying to not listen to those too much. When "Somewhere I Belong" dropped before that I listened to it on repeat for well over 100 times. I was so hyped.

Also I was one of the lucky ones who attended the LPU tour in Hamburg which was the second live show after the studio. On the drive to Hamburg my dad had to endure SIB on repeat for hours :D. The show was amazing, even though it worried/annoyed me how the audience changed. It was obvious at this point that even more teenage girls got into LP (especially Chester and Mike). At the Hamburg show (and every show from thereon out) there would be girls protected by their parents, screaming at the top of their lungs for the "cute" vocalists... When we started to mosh during the support act (Emil Bulls <3) angry fathers tried to intimidate us. When LP took the stage they luckily had to retreat because shit got crazy. Still, this show marked the end for "old school LP shows" in terms of crowd rowdiness on a broader scale. Something I dearly missed everytime I went to see them later on. After the show I had the pleasure of finally meeting Jessica which was one of the big names in the LP camp during the HT days. Also there was the probably best meet and greet with the band. We were only like 20-30 people? I really like to think back to this show.

I can go back to Meteora everytime. I like it as a whole (yes, "Hit The Floor", too, nice vibe, nice flow). One criticism that always remained was how many times they had the rewrite songs on that album but after learning a lot more about the making of HT I think it's easy to conclude that this was always the case for the band. Though, the lyrics felt too "easy" at times compared to HT. Still, whenever I pop this album in I feel like the 17 year old LP maniac all over again. Happy birthday! 

Parents annoyed by our favorite songs is a classic. My father is not a music enthusiast but I think he would recognize The Catalyst from a 5 seconds snippet due to his overexposure to the song lol. 

I remember exactly where I was, sitting on a park bench when someone let me listen to Numb on their MP3 player. I had heard LP before, but I never really listened until that day. I'll never forget that feeling of listening to the intro for the first time, it was really magical. I think the next couple of days were spent listening to some of their other songs and burning my own CD with my favorites. I remember it went Numb, Papercut, then Somewhere I Belong as the first 3 songs. 18 years later, I have hundreds of songs, live shows, and demos on my phone that I listen to daily. This album IS Linkin Park to me. Changed my whole world of music too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 4:48 PM, Whatstherealdefinition said:

Meteora 18th edition? 

Oh no why do I feel there won't be a box like HT20 when it's the 20th anniversary 

I really hope there is. I would love for there to be one for Minutes To Midnight as well in 2027 but I can understand if they don't want to do that album. The first two LP albums were iconic as hell. Meteora needs one in 2023. I hope it's virtually the same as the Hybrid Theory box set but with less errors (haha). There are a lot of demos from Meteora that are on the LPU releases, and a ton of other Meteora stuff we don't have or know about. Plus there are some fantastic live shows from the era. 2003/2004 were insane. I would love to get Rock am Ring 2004 as an officially released physical DVD. Maybe some random 2003 show, Reading was a really good one. And we cannot forget the epic Projekt Revolution 2004 either. They have a lot of cool art from the photoshoot, the big Meteora art day, etc. They have a ton of behind the scenes footage as we have seen with the making of Meteora, the LPTV's from that time period, etc. Meteora didn't sell as well as Hybrid Theory but it's up there. I need it in my life.

They have acknowledged Meteora before in recent years on anniversaries so I don't think this means we won't get a box set in 2023. But you never know. Someone mentioned once that the band could be back together touring and making music by then and even if they are I still want a Meteora box set similar to the Hybrid Theory one. I think it's asking a lot of the band to do one for each album on it's 20th anniversary but Meteora really should get one. And like I said I would love one for Minutes too but that's a long time from now and I get if they don't do one. Live In Texas first time on vinyl would be cool for a Meteora box set too since they never did it, they even did RTR in 2016 but never LIT.