“Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” Instrumental is in Another LPTV

IWillWalkAway

Thoughts That Take Away My Pride is hiding in another LPTV. I can tell it’s the instrumental because it’s the same exact song in the Summer Sanitarium LPTV at around 2:12 - 2:41. So more proof that this song probably was very close to making it on meteora as we now know it was used at least twice during LPTV. If you find this beat in any other LPUTV let me know because I am almost positive that this is Thoughts That Take Away My Pride. The clip used here is probably right after what we heard in the Summer Sanitarium episode because after the heavy part you hear the same drum beat, and if you put on headphones you can faintly hear the EXACT same notes. Heres both (LANGUAGE WARNING):

Edited by IWillWalkAway

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, hahninator said:

They don't sound like the same song to me. It's a full band deal on the Summer Sanitarium video, and this is just a simple beat with Joe scratching over it on the LPUTV video. It doesn't seem like the same thing at all.

The hi hats rhythm does sound pretty similar i think but that does not necessarily mean its the same song. Just like with So far away and Soundtrack(i think) where they used the drum beat from an older demo. 

@hahninator listen closely in the summer sanitarium lptv after the heavy guitar stops. You can faintly hear some of the same notes as well as the exact same beat. I think it’s It’s 100% the same song

9 hours ago, hahninator said:

They don't sound like the same song to me. It's a full band deal on the Summer Sanitarium video, and this is just a simple beat with Joe scratching over it on the LPUTV video. It doesn't seem like the same thing at all.

7 hours ago, Robrobbsen said:

The hi hats rhythm does sound pretty similar i think but that does not necessarily mean its the same song. Just like with So far away and Soundtrack(i think) where they used the drum beat from an older demo. 

It’s not just the hi hats and rhythms that sound identical. It’s the notes you can faintly hear in the summer sanitarium video are the same as in the LPUTV. Try wearing headsets You might be able to hear what I’m hearing.

15 hours ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

you are the most polite member ever.

also i cant hear anything about the demo.

Thank you Listen closely after the heavy guitar Stops in the Summer Sanitarium vid around 2:30 ish you can faintly hear the same octave guitar riff That you hear right at the start of the LPUTV Then the synthesizers in the Summer Sanitarium lptv are identical to the LPUTV and you can also faintly hear the exact same notes that you hear in the LPUTV. Let me know if you can kinda hear it now.

Either way though, Thoughts that Take Away My Pride or not, it’s definitely a track from the Meteora era (2002). It has that Meteora sound to it the low beeper track sounds like Meteora the “ding ding” track sounds like Meteora and the scratching sounds just like the scratching on Meteora. Also in the LPUTV it seems like at 0:32 heavy guitar and drums are about to kick in but the verse part gets put on a loop. So it’s probably the same track because it is the same tempo, same beat, and I mentioned in another comment you can faintly hear the same notes in the summer Sanitarium after the heavy guitar stops. I could be wrong though I just really think it’s the same song. But I really just hope they release it’s one of my personal biggest “holy grail“ as well as many fans’

Edited by LinkinPark979

That beat is similar to Numb. After listening both videos you posted, I believe that "beat" from Mikes Shirt is a verse from Thoughts That Take Away My Pride but maybe it is just a different version of it that was made as beat without chorus and bridge and in Summer Sanitarium we can hear a full version with chorus and short verse. I think you have right. I have never heard this "beat" before. Nice find.

Edited by hybrider

1 minute ago, hybrider said:

That beat is similar to Numb. After listening both videos you posted, I believe that "beat" from Mikes Shirt is a verse from Thoughts That Take Away My Pride but maybe it is just a different version of it that was made as beat without chorus and bridge and in Summer Sanitarium we can hear a full version with chorus and short verse. I think you have right. I have never heard this "beat" before.

Yeah that’s what I thought. I think it’s the verse after the chorus intro (Short heavy part) thing we hear in summer sanitarium episode (2:20). It’s hard to tell whether the key of the song is D Minor or A Minor

On 11/3/2020 at 12:01 PM, hahninator said:

I bet it's a verse of the song. Just listen carefully on it. Verse follows chorus. Even the violin in backround sounds like it follows guitar in chorus. It's a typical Meteora demo. We can also say that verses from Ominous, Program and other demos are just simple beats because they really are simple and that's why they are called demos.

4 hours ago, hahninator said:

Wow you're right, actually. That's one hell of a find. Maybe the song is quieter in the verses than we would have originally guessed.

Yeah I mean the verse of hit the floor is similarly quiet with only like 3 or 4 sounds and the drums

It’ll probably be important to edit under the LinkinPedia site in the Unreleased Songs under Thoughts That Take Away Away My Pride that the instrumental was used in Mikes Shirt LPUTV

On 11/12/2020 at 2:25 AM, daroker510 said:

We must find that Summer Sanitarium episode in higher quality and rip the audio and seperate the backround noise in a separate track !

I think the audio in the video released on YouTube by Rublesdfdf is the highest quality. You can find the better version on dailymotion but the Audio is the same. The song is playing quite quietly in the background so even if it was isolated it would still be hard to hear.

I also think this song is not a demo. It was recorded in the studio with all the other album tracks as we saw in Making of meteora. I believe it’s a full complete song, but as we heard Brad say in the making of meteora video “Sometimes Mike or Chester can write a chorus that’s a really great chorus, but it’s not the greatest chorus. I think that might have been the issue with the track was that it was good, but it wasn’t the greatest and it made it very far in the recording process but was cut from the album. Since around 15 songs were recorded for Meteora, only 12 songs made it (Foreword makes it 13 but come on, it’s a 13 second intro not a song). So about 3 songs were unused for the album. “Thoughts that take away my pride” is very clearly one. A.06 is likely another one and possibly got its name changed. (A.06 was likely a working title). And the third is just unknown, possibly that song we saw rob recording drums on in the making of meteora.

On 11/13/2020 at 10:48 PM, Justin said:

Great find. The lack of true B-sides and unreleased material from the Meteora era would make me way more excited for a Meteora anniversary release than I was even for HT.

Yea I think we will get a big set for Meteora too. It was such a huge album.

16 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Yea I think we will get a big set for Meteora too. It was such a huge album.

Definitely agree. We have so little demos with vocals from that era (as opposed to the demos we got for POA or Forgotten or Crawling. Also, Meteora is iconic and I bet we'll get a boxset for it too

3 hours ago, RYG4R said:

How about "CUIDADO"? do you think it's a demo as well? or a song being cut from the final tracklisting? Meteora has so many mysteries to uncover.

It’s possible. That was probably an earlier demo though if it was a track. Mike talks about early scribbled lyrics on the art wall that didn’t make the cut in the Art of Meteora short documentary. I don’t think Cuidado is the same track as Thoughts that take away my pride but you never know.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

• 2 weeks later...

Also if you’re familiar with this video at the part where Chester sings “The only way you can talk to me!” You can hear a measure of the same exact song playing on repeat right after he sings. It’s gotta be the same song as Thoughts that take away my pride

So I guess the song does play several times during Lptv but because nobody knew the full song at all, no one recognized it I guess. I’ll keep looking for more videos and lptvs where the song might be secretly playing in the background.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

1 hour ago, hybrider said:

OMG you have right. It's Thoughts That Take Away My Pride. So now we have 3 videos in which was used this song.

Sorry I’m on my phone it’s hard to type

But yeah we have 4 sources,

Making of Meteora at 24:31, and LPTV Episode 5 (The Vocals) at 1:37 (Same clip)

LPTV Summer Sanitarium (Full) at 2:12

LPUTV Mike’s Shirt

LPTV Episode 4 (The Studio 2) at 7:34 (playing through the studio speakers)

Truly epic find. We finally know more about the song. We need to get it released on Meteora 20 in 2023. It has always been my Holy Grail personally, way more than Pictureboard.

But anyways we need to ask Mike for a title of the song so we can finally call it by it’s proper title. There has to be a way we can ask besides Twitch. Maybe he can read this thread. He has to be made aware.

Edited by Disastrous-Tooth-346

20 hours ago, Disastrous-Tooth-346 said:

Truly epic find. We finally know more about the song. We need to get it released on Meteora 20 in 2023. It has always been my Holy Grail personally, way more than Pictureboard. Same for Grecian which I know they stopped working on once they wrote QWERTY for Summer Sonic. But it has to exist in whatever form they left it at, and the clip shown on the MTM DVD was awesome with those crazy Chester screams. 

Yeah it’s funny. I was scrolling through LPTV videos and I had never seen “Mikes Shirt” So I watched it and said to myself “something about this background music seems really familiar. And it clicked right there. I went back to hear the Clip from the Summer Sanitarium video and right after the heavy part was the exact same song. I never thought the song was played during multiple LPTVs but I think it’s strong evidence that the band did like the track. I think it just had issues with the lyrics maybe they didn’t think they were good enough, as I’ve said before, They talked about this in the Making of Meteora how they kept rewriting lyrics. I think like Somewhere I Belong, they finished it a few times, rewriting it, but then I guess decided just to put the song aside and focus on the other tracks.

I certainly do hope the song gets released. It is on nearly everybody’s wishlist and been a mystery known to fans 2 years longer than even Pictureboard. It’s my top pick out of all if I could pick one known unreleased song it certainly would be “Pride” as some fans have named it. I really would first like to know the real title. I came up with a few titles that I thought might fit the lyric sheet we saw:

“Trapped”

“Return to Me”

“Trapped in Places”

”Return”

that’s all I came up with.

I also wanna say that I don’t have twitch so if anyone could like ask him during a stream about the song that would be awesome! 

20 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Yeah it’s funny. I was scrolling through LPTV videos and I had never seen “Mikes Shirt” So I watched it and said to myself “something about this background music seems really familiar. And it clicked right there. I went back to hear the Clip from the Summer Sanitarium video and right after the heavy part was the exact same song. I never thought the song was played during multiple LPTVs but I think it’s strong evidence that the band did like the track. I think it just had issues with the lyrics maybe they didn’t think they were good enough, as I’ve said before, They talked about this in the Making of Meteora how they kept rewriting lyrics. I think like Somewhere I Belong, they finished it a few times, rewriting it, but then I guess decided just to put the song aside and focus on the other tracks.

I can’t believe you made the connections. I would have just thought it was some random demo they had, never thought it would be Thoughts That Take Away My Pride. They definitely liked the song. They showed it so much in all these LPTV’s and stuff and the Meteora DVD. There is also an episode where you can see a partial lyric sheet for the song. Idk what one. It definitely was likely a fully completed track. Whether or not it was voted off the album is unsure since they always have fully done songs that sometimes even get cut before they cut songs for the album. But it definitely exists. I doubt there is a sample issue for why it was never given to us. I’ve never seen Mike ever talk about it, ever. He probably doesn’t even know that it’s a grail at all. He will likely say ‘oh it’s an old demo we had that never made the album’ and probably won’t even tell us it’s title which sucks. Maybe he can dig it up and give us some info at least. IMO it’s the biggest grail in terms of non live stuff after  Pictureboard. And honestly I don’t mind it the band hated the song or if it never made it far, etc. Still a holy grail to me. 

19 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I certainly do hope the song gets released. It is on nearly everybody’s wishlist and been a mystery known to fans 2 years longer than even Pictureboard. It’s my top pick out of all if I could pick one known unreleased song it certainly would be “Pride” as some fans have named it. I really would first like to know the real title. I came up with a few titles that I thought might fit the lyric sheet we saw:

“Trapped”

“Return to Me”

“Trapped in Places”

”Return”

that’s all I came up with.

For some reason I don’t think it’s Pride. I have always wanted to at least know it’s official title. It’s probably something really random that has nothing to do with the lyrics of the song unless they cut it from Meteora and it was fully ready for the album which I don’t think it was. 

10 minutes ago, Disastrous-Tooth-346 said:

For some reason I don’t think it’s Pride. I have always wanted to at least know it’s official title. It’s probably something really random that has nothing to do with the lyrics of the song unless they cut it from Meteora and it was fully ready for the album which I don’t think it was. 

Well I think the song probably made it to the mixing session in NYC because it sounds really well mixed just like the other Meteora tracks in all those LPTV videos. But they cut it probably sometime right after for a reason we don’t know.