Jump to content
LPLStaff

Linkin Park Announces "Hybrid Theory 20" Release

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, martinez said:

I already checked all the databases, etc. and yeah She Couldn't doesn't have "Demo" but I remember checking it before the release and it had it, looks like they have changed that.

Why do you think that site will post the snippets in a few days?

Edited by Capacity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2020 at 4:43 PM, rd1994 said:

That said I always felt the "demo" tag was always a bit fuzzy when it comes to linkin park: For example What We Don't Know is labelled as an MTM yet was mixed by Neil Avron who mixed the rest of the album and it has become known since then that it almost ended up on the album. To me at that point is not a "demo" anymore. Same with Across The Line

I agree. Those songs you mentioned, plus Blackbirds, Pretend to be, and even songs like Dedicated just sound like b-sides due to their production being almost equal to the albums they originated from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2020 at 8:59 AM, Mazatan said:

 

 

I saw your message and immediately went to Amazon, I notice that on the current listing the Super Deluxe is still $199, but on my order its $176.99, so that's a pretty good $25 discount. Its an international order for me so I appreciate it hehehe. 

lol you're welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2020 at 3:59 PM, Mazatan said:

 

 

I saw your message and immediately went to Amazon, I notice that on the current listing the Super Deluxe is still $199, but on my order its $176.99, so that's a pretty good $25 discount. Its an international order for me so I appreciate it hehehe. 

 

126 pounds for me, over 140€, not complaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure if this has already been talked about, or if this is even the right thread to be posting this on, but, I think I just found something rare 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do y'all think we'll get another full track ahead of the release to promote it? Since they gave us She Couldn't, I think the next one would probably be something like Carousel or And One that is much closer to the final HT sound. I'd love for it to be released not just so that we can enjoy it before, but to give more exposure and capture those who might have brushed off she couldn't but would be captured by that sound. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

I doubt they'll release anything else from the package before October 9th.

You're probably right, since this is such a unique release, but usually for most albums there would be another track released to keep the hype going.

 

If that did happen, though, I would think it would be something like High Voltage or My December. MAYBE one of the HT EP songs or something random like Dedicated. Definitely nothing from the Forgotten Demos CD.

Edited by Justin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Justin said:

You're probably right, since this is such a unique release, but usually for most albums there would be another track released to keep the hype going.

 

If that did happen, though, I would think it would be something like High Voltage or My December. MAYBE one of the HT EP songs or something random like Dedicated. Definitely nothing from the Forgotten Demos CD.

 

It's a bummer that we won't get any single from this 

 

As a teenager i always dreamed of an APFMH video. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She Couldn’t could have been a single honestly. Yes it’s a very 90’s sounding song, but it sounds great with the mix they gave it and it’s been getting some radio play anyway in some places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2020 at 4:36 AM, martinez said:

https://plan9music.com/UPC/093624893240 - snippets for all songs will be available here in few days. So we should likely add "demo" to all songs from "Forgotten Demos" disc.

It’s already been a few days and all the snippets for all the songs aren’t showing up.
(Edit): The only snippets I’ve seen are for the whole album of Hybrid Theory, & She Couldn’t off the “Forgotten Demos” disc.

(Edit): I wonder now when the other snippets for the other songs will be released?

Edited by NJPLP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, NJPLP said:

(Edit): I wonder now when the other snippets for the other songs will be released?

Probably on release date like usual

 

10 hours ago, xeroboi said:

Wish cry to yourself was on one of the disks.

I think that's not up to Linkin Park to release it officially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2020 at 5:50 PM, Capacity said:

Why do you think that site will post the snippets in a few days?

Because I was checking some albums there before and in all cases the snippets were available there. I think that one album got the snippets even two weeks before the planned release date.

20 hours ago, NJPLP said:

It’s already been a few days and all the snippets for all the songs aren’t showing up.
(Edit): The only snippets I’ve seen are for the whole album of Hybrid Theory, & She Couldn’t off the “Forgotten Demos” disc.

(Edit): I wonder now when the other snippets for the other songs will be released?

I think you can start to check for them two weeks before the HT20 release date, that will be in few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, martinez said:

I think you can start to check for them two weeks before the HT20 release date, that will be in few days.

 

HT20 release is in four and a half weeks. That's quite a bit more than a few days shy of two weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a feeling if they released something else before the actual release date that it would be something hardcore fans know very well, but casual fans probably don't. Releasing a demo of ITE is a cool way to hype up a lot of casual fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Justin said:

I had a feeling if they released something else before the actual release date that it would be something hardcore fans know very well, but casual fans probably don't. Releasing a demo of ITE is a cool way to hype up a lot of casual fans.

Yeah it’s like “hey there’s a slightly different  version of our most famous song !” And you grab their attention 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...