LPLStaff

Pictureboard = "In Yourself"/"Be Yourself"

11 hours ago, Zoom said:

Without the proofs they will not change their position (I already went through this). I could send it in a reply message.

What do they want? A photo of the HT 20 credits in the box set? Because it is listed there. 

13 hours ago, hahninator said:

the band has talked about sampling the track in Pictureboard

Need a link to the interview.

45 minutes ago, Zoom said:

Need a link to the interview.

I think they never mentioned the song by name in interviews, but here they mention the song having a Barry White sample:

https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/music/linkin-park-to-finally-release-hybrid-theory-era-fan-favourite-rarity-pictureboard-2766450

Like Hahninator said, the Barry White song is credited by name in the credits of the 20th anniversary edition of Hybrid Theory. It means the band had to pay to clear the sample. There's no greater proof than that. They wouldn't pay for a sample they didn't use. Here's a photo:

https://ibb.co/ncqf4JZ

Edit:

I read the credits again and it looks like they didn't sample the Barry White original, they sampled a cover version. We had the sample wrong once again. lol

Attempt #2.
The start of the sample of Jimmy Smith I was set at 0:08 (can still be edited).

37ZEH.png

Well the obvious answer here is Mike made up the sample thing so they could get out of releasing Pictureboard on LPU 9, but now that lie caught up with them since they'd HAVE to acknowledge it if they wanted to put it on HT20. So Warner just passed my man Jimmy Smith a few bucks to cover it up