Mike Shinoda: Linkin Park Are "Planning Some Fun Stuff" For Hybrid Theory's 20th Anniversary

LPLStaff

I believe it will be one price.
a special one-price version.

I'm hoping to have remastered dvd's proshots it would be incredible to have a pro shot show from Projekt Revolution 2002.

Cd ( remastered ) + Book + 4 DVD'S Shows ( full Proshots ), Gifts and a super special box to come all this ;)😎😍

38 minutes ago, Hybridtheory said:

I believe it will be one price.
a special one-price version.

I'm hoping to have remastered dvd's proshots it would be incredible to have a pro shot show from Projekt Revolution 2002.

Cd ( remastered ) + Book + 4 DVD'S Shows ( full Proshots ), Gifts and a super special box to come all this ;)😎😍

Can we just fucking forget about DVD's? 

It's almost 2021 dude. 

There's no way there's not multiple tiers. Bare minimum there'll be a vinyl reissue. From there I'm sure they'll have a version with just the CDs, one with the album + some merch etc. I'll be shocked if the top version isn't upwards of $300 though

11 hours ago, Coizu said:

Does someone have numbers how much big anniversary releases of other bands cost? I think Metallica and Beatles were mentioned a couple of times here.

I paid about $90 for the Super Deluxe 50th anniversary release for Abbey Road. It comes with a hardback book, a remastered CD, 2 CD's of demos/outtakes, and a Blu-Ray with the remastered audio

I got the 50th anniversary Sgt. Pepper's release for around $130. Hardback book, remastered CD, 2 CD's of demos/outtakes, CD with original mono mix, Blu-Ray with remastered audio and making of documentary, and 2 posters.

10 hours ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

It's almost 2021 dude. 

I agree that releasing a DVD in 2020 would be a huge joke.

Do people still have DVD players attached to their TVs and actually use it?

That just made me realise that I don't even have a single device left in my home that is capable of playing back audio CDs. Crazy.

I hope it doesn't get ridiculous with the pricing. 500€ is almost guaranteed to be silly. There is not much that could justify such a price tag. There barely was in the past with other LP box-sets. I'm just hoping for a nice video thing (privat archives, live performance would be great) and little thingys going along with it. Nothing that should even come close to half a thousand currency units...

Different categories seem reasonable, I just hope they don't blow it with the pricing.

On 8/6/2020 at 12:05 PM, Coizu said:

I agree that releasing a DVD in 2020 would be a huge joke.

Do people still have DVD players attached to their TVs and actually use it?

That just made me realise that I don't even have a single device left in my home that is capable of playing back audio CDs. Crazy.

I cant play my cds anymore as well 🤣

On 8/5/2020 at 7:57 PM, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

It's almost 2021 dude. 

I might be old school, but  I like having physical copies of media to ensure I continue to own a copy when streaming or other  digital services remove said content or close up shop. Netflix took Avatar off for 8 years, I still was able to watch bc dvds. I had to transfer my digital movie library to another service or risk losing access in the past few years because Ultraviolet shut down.

1 hour ago, MrCinder said:

I might be old school, but  I like having physical copies of media to ensure I continue to own a copy when streaming or other  digital services remove said content or close up shop. Netflix took Avatar off for 8 years, I still was able to watch bc dvds. I had to transfer my digital movie library to another service or risk losing access in the past few years because Ultraviolet shut down.

The only digital track that i bought in my whole life was Home Sweet Home w Chester because I couldn't find it anywhere.

DVD era is over

Let's make blu-ray the standard for everything. 

33 minutes ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

At this point they should release everything in vhs 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

The scan lines that a dvd produces makes me want to rip my eye balls off 

I don't mind physical stuff in 2020. No llores tanto friend ;)

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

1 hour ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

At this point they should release everything in vhs 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

The scan lines that a dvd produces makes me want to rip my eye balls off 

True xD i wonder why they didnt add HT on a cassette as well lmfao just like it was originally released back then. I remember my Own cassette at this point.

they should have released it on blu ray but i think they would have had to remaster the videos first.

Edited by sordomuda