"Dropped Frames, Vol. 2" Release Date: July 31st

LPLStaff

Mike Shinoda has announced that "Dropped Frames, Vol. 2" will be released this week!

He announced the release on his computer desktop with a series of three folder names, likely a nod to fans always peeking at his folder and file names:

"DROPPED FRAMES

VOLUME 2

COMING THIS WEEK"

The album is likely coming on Friday. Stay tuned for more news.

Leaked

Upd.

Cover
36yju.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Transitions
02. Crystalina
03. Julio's Revenge
04. Isolation Bird (Feat. Money Mark)
05. Side Scrolling
06. Dungeon Crawler
07. Dog Whistles
08. Astral (Feat. Elise Trouw)
09. Sunset Drive
10. Channeling, Pt. 2 (Feat. Dan Mayo)
11. King Paprika
12. Party Meow

Edited by Zoom

17 hours ago, martinez said:

Looks like the "Channeling Pt. 2" track comes with an issue. The whole track contains a really annoying noise that it suddenly disappear at 2:25. It's really weird.

The crackling sound seems to be intentional to me. It might be a little bit loud at times though.

5 minutes ago, viktorignatov77 said:

For those who heard the album, don't you guys get a serious LP vibe from middle to end of Transitions?

Definitely, literally ATS/LT vibes everywhere, there’s something that reminds me of The Catalyst and Tinfoil a lot 

19 hours ago, martinez said:

Looks like the "Channeling Pt. 2" track comes with an issue. The whole track contains a really annoying noise that it suddenly disappear at 2:25. It's really weird.

2 hours ago, graveguard said:

The crackling sound seems to be intentional to me. It might be a little bit loud at times though.

Yes, Mike recorded Dan's over a vinyl cracking sound, so it's part of the actual drum track, but I agree, it's loud in certain spots!

6 hours ago, graveguard said:

3 hours ago, PeppePark said:

Yes, Mike recorded Dan's over a vinyl cracking sound, so it's part of the actual drum track, but I agree, it's loud in certain spots!

It is not about the crackling, I think crackling at this point is ok it's about another sound that's there (i don't know maybe it is a vinyl sound too) which sound more like a noise from live stream. I got this track from Mike's live stream some time ago and it was the version that I edited, to remove as much live stream noises as possible and I was listening to it a lot of times, so when I finally listen to the version officially released, I already noticed that noise which is super loud comparing for example to my version.

You can compare it if you want (turn the volume really loud): original version vs edited version

In my edited version you can still hear a vinyl crackling noise a bit, while the second noise is almost inaudible.

Edited by martinez