Jump to content
RogueSoul

New Steve Aoki Song 'Last One To Know' ft. Mike and Lights on April 3

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, MrCinder said:


I think you and spraypaintinkpens and you are the consistent "shit on everything". Even Geki comes around on some stuff or had variety in his opinions.

 

 

It's a Steve Aoki song, you care a bit apparently

I remember how this works now. Someone dares to dislike a MS/LP song or project and the resident fanboys get all worked up because the hyperventilate over everything the guys put out. The music being put out over the last few years is vastly inferior to what came before it. That’s my opinion, and I think the opinion of a lot of LP fans. Doesn’t mean you have to agree with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, castro78 said:

The music being put out over the last few years is vastly inferior to what came before it. That’s my opinion, and I think the opinion of a lot of LP fans. Doesn’t mean you have to agree with it. 

 

What if I think Post Traumatic was better than One More Light and The Hunting Party? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, castro78 said:

I remember how this works now. Someone dares to dislike a MS/LP song or project and the resident fanboys get all worked up because the hyperventilate over everything the guys put out. The music being put out over the last few years is vastly inferior to what came before it. That’s my opinion, and I think the opinion of a lot of LP fans. Doesn’t mean you have to agree with it. 

Yeah in my opinion their old music was better that what we got the last few years (i'm not even that big fan of OML). but i doubt they can make another ATS, HT, or MTM i guess this is better than anything.

If you say the song is shit thats fine maybe you should hear the full song when is released but whatever i'm not gonna judge on that one

 

Edited by Diaux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

 

What if I think Post Traumatic was better than One More Light and The Hunting Party? lol

It was better than OML for sure. THP has its moments for me. Don’t love  the entire thing but I’ll take it over OML any day. 

Edited by castro78

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, castro78 said:

I remember how this works now. Someone dares to dislike a MS/LP song or project and the resident fanboys get all worked up because the hyperventilate over everything the guys put out. The music being put out over the last few years is vastly inferior to what came before it. That’s my opinion, and I think the opinion of a lot of LP fans. Doesn’t mean you have to agree with it. 

 

Do you want a martyr card stamp or tiny violin. Nobody's getting worked up over people not liking a song. People are pointing out edgelords repeating the same exact insufferable phrases for the past 13 years. Each album's had good and bad tracks and people have different tastes in the music they prefer, but if all you ever are going to say is "this is shit" to every single thing for years, then why are you still here? I've had other bands where their albums stopped appealing to me, but I don't sit with a plate of chicken tendies squawking about how anything they do is awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrCinder said:

 

Do you want a martyr card stamp or tiny violin. Nobody's getting worked up over people not liking a song. People are pointing out edgelords repeating the same exact insufferable phrases for the past 13 years. Each album's had good and bad tracks and people have different tastes in the music they prefer, but if all you ever are going to say is "this is shit" to every single thing for years, then why are you still here? I've had other bands where their albums stopped appealing to me, but I don't sit with a plate of chicken tendies squawking about how anything they do is awful.

I haven’t commented in here in a very long time, so whatever you’re blabbing about doesn’t apply to me. Also, why can’t people say they think a song or album is shit? How is it any different than the people who love every single thing that comes out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, castro78 said:

I haven’t commented in here in a very long time, so whatever you’re blabbing about doesn’t apply to me. Also, why can’t people say they think a song or album is shit? How is it any different than the people who love every single thing that comes out? 

I think anybody can say he doesnt like certain song and album but its always good to say WHY you think something is shit. Also saying something is shit about every single song doesnt make sense to me at all. When i think someone’s music went downhill for me i dont visit their forums just to say they are shit now. It is not directly to you cause i dont know you but in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, castro78 said:

I haven’t commented in here in a very long time, so whatever you’re blabbing about doesn’t apply to me. Also, why can’t people say they think a song or album is shit? How is it any different than the people who love every single thing that comes out? 

"This is shit" "This is total trash" - neither add anything to discussion. Nowhere did I say you aren't allowed to do that, but maybe add value or even just substance. Your opinions on anything content-wise could be replaced with a bot coded to switch between canned responses.

 

 

31 minutes ago, sordomuda said:

I think anybody can say he doesnt like certain song and album but its always good to say WHY you think something is shit. Also saying something is shit about every single song doesnt make sense to me at all. When i think someone’s music went downhill for me i dont visit their forums just to say they are shit now. It is not directly to you cause i dont know you but in general.

^^^^you can criticize something, but at least provide substance to back it up.

 

i.e. ATS as a whole front to back album is fantastic, but the fact it was toted as being 15 new tracks but only 9 actual songs and an instrumental with 5 interludes that seem thrown in is kinda bullshit. The non singles on MTM did not age well to me, I think it's due to how stripped down everything was that makes them sound unfinished/unpolished.

 

vs

 

ATS is trash, MTM is shit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrCinder said:

"This is shit" "This is total trash" - neither add anything to discussion. Nowhere did I say you aren't allowed to do that, but maybe add value or even just substance. Your opinions on anything content-wise could be replaced with a bot coded to switch between canned responses.

 

 

^^^^you can criticize something, but at least provide substance to back it up.

 

i.e. ATS as a whole front to back album is fantastic, but the fact it was toted as being 15 new tracks but only 9 actual songs and an instrumental with 5 interludes that seem thrown in is kinda bullshit. The non singles on MTM did not age well to me, I think it's due to how stripped down everything was that makes them sound unfinished/unpolished.

 

vs

 

ATS is trash, MTM is shit

Yes! ^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the subject a bit more, I absolutely love Lights and glad she's finally collaborated with Mike. For people wanting to check her music out, I have a list of songs that I feel are more likely to appeal to LP fans, basically working backwards from her most recent to older:

  1. Love Me - Felix Cartal ft Lights
  2. Long Live - Lights ft Travis Barker
  3. Amateurs - Sleepy Tom ft Lights
  4. Drama Free - Deadmau5 ft Lights
  5. Warrior - Steve James ft Lights
  6. Lost Girls
  7. Savage
  8. New Fears
  9. We Were Here
  10. Moonshine
  11. Magnetic Field
  12. Almost Had Me
  13. Up We Go
  14. Same Sea
  15. Speeding
  16. Oil and Water
  17. Slow Down
  18. Lucky Ones
  19. From All Sides
  20. Where the Fence is Low
  21. Everybody Breaks a Glass
  22. Suspension
  23. Flux and Flow
  24. Fourth Dimension
  25. Ice (mainly for the bridge being nuts)
  26. Saviour - The Angry Kids FM Mix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MrCinder said:

"This is shit" "This is total trash" - neither add anything to discussion. Nowhere did I say you aren't allowed to do that, but maybe add value or even just substance. Your opinions on anything content-wise could be replaced with a bot coded to switch between canned responses.

 

 

^^^^you can criticize something, but at least provide substance to back it up.

 

i.e. ATS as a whole front to back album is fantastic, but the fact it was toted as being 15 new tracks but only 9 actual songs and an instrumental with 5 interludes that seem thrown in is kinda bullshit. The non singles on MTM did not age well to me, I think it's due to how stripped down everything was that makes them sound unfinished/unpolished.

 

vs

 

ATS is trash, MTM is shit

I don’t really need a lesson on commenting from you, but ok. Honestly, I don’t care what you think about what I said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, MrCinder said:

"This is shit" "This is total trash" - neither add anything to discussion. Nowhere did I say you aren't allowed to do that, but maybe add value or even just substance. Your opinions on anything content-wise could be replaced with a bot coded to switch between canned responses.

 

 

^^^^you can criticize something, but at least provide substance to back it up.

 

i.e. ATS as a whole front to back album is fantastic, but the fact it was toted as being 15 new tracks but only 9 actual songs and an instrumental with 5 interludes that seem thrown in is kinda bullshit. The non singles on MTM did not age well to me, I think it's due to how stripped down everything was that makes them sound unfinished/unpolished.

 

vs

 

ATS is trash, MTM is shit

 

The argument of the 'filler' in ATS is as old as the album itself though lol, and MTM not aging well is totally subjective.

 

Just because you give a more cohesive response doesn't mean it should be automatically respected or accepted.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KlaytonShinoda said:

 

The argument of the 'filler' in ATS is as old as the album itself though lol, and MTM not aging well is totally subjective.

 

Just because you give a more cohesive response doesn't mean it should be automatically respected or accepted.


The point was that they give more to a discussion than just "this is shit". I know ATS's filler argument is a dead horse, it was a dead horse 3 days after the album leaked. MTM is completely subjective. Both at least open it up for a response that can progress the conversation.

 

Let's put it like this:

"How was work?"
"It was trash"
"Well why is that?"
"It's shit"
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ATS has filler, lots of it. But this is not the thread to discuss that. 

 

As far as Mike goes, it’s okay if he releases a pop song for three major reasons:

1. It’s Steve Aoki’s song not Mike’s.

2. Mike just released an album that was majority rap

3. Mike can release whatever music he pleases.

 

”Mike’s been releasing too much pop music recently.”

 

Living Things- Rock

The Hunting Party- Hard Rock

One More Light- Pop

Post Tramuatic- majority Rap/Hip-Hop

One off feature for Steve Aoki’s album- oh no, another pop song?!?!?!

 

Some statements are just factually wrong and the statement “Mike has been releasing too much pop music recently” is one of those wrong statements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bliss said:

ATS has filler, lots of it. But this is not the thread to discuss that. 

 

As far as Mike goes, it’s okay if he releases a pop song for three major reasons:

1. It’s Steve Aoki’s song not Mike’s.

2. Mike just released an album that was majority rap

3. Mike can release whatever music he pleases.

 

”Mike’s been releasing too much pop music recently.”

 

Living Things- Rock

The Hunting Party- Hard Rock

One More Light- Pop

Post Tramuatic- majority Rap/Hip-Hop

One off feature for Steve Aoki’s album- oh no, another pop song?!?!?!

 

Some statements are just factually wrong and the statement “Mike has been releasing too much pop music recently” is one of those wrong statements. 

I try to understand how is PT pop to anyone lol. Some songs maybe. But it is very unique, almost underground, very Mike i’d say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Post Traumatic has some pop vibes to it but it's pretty much a modern hip-hop record but with more singing. Even most of the songs that Mike doesn't really rap on have a hip-hop vibe to the beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Mike has not been releasing pop music recently. Post Traumatic is really rap/alternative album and the most recent thing Fine is straight alternative ala Nine Inch Nails. That being said, I don't like anything with Steve Aoki. He's good guy (charity work, friendship with LP), but his music suck. I used to listen dance music in college but now I can't stand it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Bliss said:

ATS has filler, lots of it. But this is not the thread to discuss that.  

 

Not the thread but like you said, "Some statements are just factually wrong".

 

Each to his own, end of topic 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 6:47 PM, castro78 said:

I’ve heard enough. I’m tired of the cheesy pop music he keeps putting out. He’s too talented for this crap. 


Huh. Actually admitting Mike has talent is a pretty progressive opinion coming from you, considering I can think of maybe two cases of you liking anything the man's done in the last decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Astat said:


Huh. Actually admitting Mike has talent is a pretty progressive opinion coming from you, considering I can think of maybe two cases of you liking anything the man's done in the last decade.

There he is. I figured it was only a matter of time before you said something stupid and untrue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another shit song. LP with Aoki sucked, Aoki with Mike will suck too. They should release "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" and not those shits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bliss said:

As far as Mike goes, it’s okay if he releases a pop song for three major reasons:

1. It’s Steve Aoki’s song not Mike’s.

2. Mike just released an album that was majority rap

3. Mike can release whatever music he pleases.

 

Well I mean despite how it is released, this is actually Mike's song with Steve Aoki because Mike wrote the song and then sent it to Steve. I know how it's released is Steve featuring Mike, because sometimes that's how it works when it's released by another artists. Look at Martin Garrix, that's really Linkin Park (Mike, Chester, Brad, Joe, etc) featuring Martin Garrix but was released as Martin Garrix featuring Mike. Very technical I know but I just wanted to point out that this is Mike's song.

I think upon first listen the track falls between ALTNC and DTB for me. I didn't like either song for years until I saw ALTNC at the Hollywood Bowl and thought it was an absolute jam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, martinez said:

Mike should release more pop songs like In The End.

 

It's my favorite Pop Metal song right after Rob Zombie's Dragula.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...