Jump to content
lpliveusername

Grey Daze: Rolling Stone Interview

Recommended Posts

On 2/4/2020 at 7:07 PM, Hahninator said:

 

Seems like an outright lie by Sean, but no surprise. I don't believe that at all.

Maybe there’s some truth to it? Why else would you write in the description on YouTube for Grey Daze - ...No Sun Today (Remastered): Unfortunately, Warner Bros. Records blocked the release.”

 

Also why is everyone so bitter about this Grey Daze thing? Seems like a lot of love has been put into the project. And I don’t think it’s a “cash grab” at all. I mean why wouldn’t they wanna make money? It’s not a charity project. Also people shouldn’t be so easily offended by comments made by members of Grey Daze.

 

I’m just excited to hear Chester again. I already pre-ordered the complete Amends bundle (which I couldn’t really afford).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sean himself told us not to share Grey Daze albums on LPLive. Grey Daze itself was not eradicated at all from the Internet. A remaster of the album was not allowed to be released by WBR, but that has nothing to do with the band's original music being shared.

We are bitter because the marketing is completely fucked, it's a total cash grab with 9-10 versions of the album being for sale, and the band is being dicks online. Why are they airing out personal legal matters with Chester that have nothing to do with this project?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 24Xero said:

I’m just excited to hear Chester again.

 

But it's not like anything here is actually new and all of Chester's contributions can be heard already through the original versions of the songs. I'm still curious about hearing that stuff in a new context but Chester didn't actually contribute anything new to this project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

 

But it's not like anything here is actually new and all of Chester's contributions can be heard already through the original versions of the songs. I'm still curious about hearing that stuff in a new context but Chester didn't actually contribute anything new to this project.


Agreed 100%. And the supposed ‘’alternate vocal takes’’ are still from the 90’s either way. They’re not much different at all from the vocals used back then anyways. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

 

But it's not like anything here is actually new and all of Chester's contributions can be heard already through the original versions of the songs. I'm still curious about hearing that stuff in a new context but Chester didn't actually contribute anything new to this project.

 

Some of the vocals on these songs are unreleased and are alternate takes/demo takes from that time period. Example - they record vocals 5-10 times for a song and use 1 take or splice some together. For this, they might use any of those takes/pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

 

Some of the vocals on these songs are unreleased and are alternate takes/demo takes from that time period. Example - they record vocals 5-10 times for a song and use 1 take or splice some together. For this, they might use any of those takes/pieces.

 I agree. Do the Whats in the eye and Sickness contain any unheard vocals though? I havent compared them to original versions side by side yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sordomuda said:

 I agree. Do the Whats in the eye and Sickness contain any unheard vocals though? I havent compared them to original versions side by side yet. 


All this hype about alternate vocal takes is nothing much. It’s the same as like the backing vocals on NCSM with Chester singing the same thing slightly different. And they probably aren’t even that different at all. Sounds like one was used for that Hole remix for example judging by the video. That’s all it means. They only starting saying that once fans brought up that it was the same vocals from the 90’s so they could try and make it seem better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Garret said:


All this hype about alternate vocal takes is nothing much. It’s the same as like the backing vocals on NCSM with Chester singing the same thing slightly different. And they probably aren’t even that different at all. Sounds like one was used for that Hole remix for example judging by the video. That’s all it means. They only starting saying that once fans brought up that it was the same vocals from the 90’s so they could try and make it seem better.

 I know but sometimes the first take might sound different than the last take right. A regular listener wont find out any difference anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sordomuda said:

 I know but sometimes the first take might sound different than the last take right. A regular listener wont find out any difference anyway. 


You’re correct it just doesn’t interest me that much. But hopefully people will enjoy the album, I have nothing against anyone who likes it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Garret said:


You’re correct it just doesn’t interest me that much. But hopefully people will enjoy the album, I have nothing against anyone who likes it. 

I hope i will like some of the songs as well. I never mind hearing some good songs with Chester’s vocals on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know there’s nothing new here, even though I hope Chester recorded something new in this project. Let’s put it like this then: I’m excited to hear a new take on the songs. I’m starting to feel bad for looking forward to this when I read all the negative stuff.

 

To be totally honest I didn’t even know the extent of the drama, I only know some. I guess I don’t seek out what’s really going on. I’m here for the music. “I find bliss in ignorance” seems fitting. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2020 at 6:45 PM, Hahninator said:

I don't think it is a cash grab at all. Chester was fully on board with this and wanted it to be done.
 

On 2/9/2020 at 6:39 PM, Hahninator said:

We are bitter because the marketing is completely fucked, it's a total cash grab with 9-10 versions of the album being for sale, and the band is being dicks online.


So where do you stand again? No it’s not a cash grab or yes it’s a cash grab? 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 24Xero said:


So where do you stand again? No it’s not a cash grab or yes it’s a cash grab? 😏

 

Thinks changed between those two dates, as I said in my email to the band. The project was going fine until they completely botched the promo and then dropped 9 exclusive album editions on us. They used an LPU photo for their poster for sale and are marketing the project with only CB’s name and image (Spotify, Apple Music, etc). Yes, it has turned into a cash grab. I originally did not think this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sordomuda said:

So what is the tea? 
 

btw 

 

 


Does this have backstage footage from Projekt Revolution 2007? Wondering since they used a photo from that tour as a promo for this album (was also already used by LPU but hey).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Garret said:


Does this have backstage footage from Projekt Revolution 2007? Wondering since they used a photo from that tour as a promo for this album (was also already used by LPU but hey).


funny how suddenly there are so many photos of Chester with GD in this footage but yet they chose a photo from LP for their promo merch lmfao 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sordomuda said:


funny how suddenly there are so many photos of Chester with GD in this footage but yet they chose a photo from LP for their promo merch lmfao 

 

Someone that calls himself a "tattooed millionaire" is only focused on one thing, and it's not artistic credibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sordomuda said:


funny how suddenly there are so many photos of Chester with GD in this footage but yet they chose a photo from LP for their promo merch lmfao 


I know haha. He got called out for the LPU photo so now he changed it up. Why would he even consider using a 2007 LP photo anyways? Has zero relevancy to Grey Daze. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...