felipeintheend

[AUDIO] Linkin Park - 2004-01-30 - Madison

Hey!

Exactly 16 years ago, Linkin Park stopped in Madison, Wisconsin for their eleventh performance of the insane Meteora North American Tour at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum, and our good guy Carl (CPS), who previously released another great and rare concert from the Projekt Revolution Tour 2004, was able to obtain another recording from the 2004 era. Carl has a good relationship with other tapers and he eventually gets access to unreleased recordings like this one, and today he's bringing it to us to see the light of the day through his YouTube channel.

Half of 'With You' is missing due taper preparing his equipment, but the rest of the show worth a listen, it's always good to bring back all these memories from the past. Thanks to Kurt O. for recording it and Carl for releasing it.

2004.01.30 Madison, Wisconsin, Veterans Memorial Coliseum

Setlist

01. With You  (Cut)
02. Runaway    
03. Papercut    
04. Points Of Authority    
05. Don't Stay    
06. Somewhere I Belong    
07. It's Goin' Down   
08. Lying From You    
09. Nobody's Listening   
10. Breaking The Habit   
11. From The Inside   
12. Faint    
13. Numb    
14. Crawling  
15. In The End    
16. My December   
17. P5hng Me A*wy    
18. A Place For My Head   
19. One Step Closer    

Source: Audio - AUD (Shure SM98 > P-Mod > Sony SBM-1 > Sony TCD-D8)
Taper: KO
Time: 78:13 mins

Seriously 2004 has the best LP shows, they were on their peak and the setlists were so cool like the PR04 tour with Figure 09 with the transition to FTI.

Thank you so much to everybody that worked to released this, I'm still hoping that someday we can get the full smoke out show

Edited by Diaux

This is amazing. I currently work here at the venue and have for a few years - have asked around for potential recordings, tickets, and sifted through a ton of old concert pics to find some LP to no luck. This is personally my favorite find ever, I remember seeing them advertise this show back on local TV back in the day even. Thank you so much!!!

Edited by mattyice318

37 minutes ago, mattyice318 said:

This is amazing. I currently work here at the venue and have for a few years - have asked around for potential recordings, tickets, and sifted through a ton of old concert pics to find some LP to no luck. This is personally my favorite find ever, I remember seeing them advertise this show back on local TV back in the day even. Thank you so much!!!

Wow... What a coincidence!!!

10 minutes ago, felipeintheend said:

Wow... What a coincidence!!!

Yea it's kinda crazy, sold out with GA seating is a total of 10k seats, I honestly thought they were bigger than the venue back in 2004, I'm sure it was sold out. There have been professional promo pics taken of a ton of different events/ concerts we've done over the years dating back to the 90's, and I'd think LP was big enough to have a couple taken. It's so far removed there aren't many people around here anymore that could help me out if they wanted, which is unfortunate. It's also funny I do trivia weekly at the "annex" where I know i've seen on this site they played a couple times back in like 99/00 

Thanks for sharing. IMO PR04 was leagues above the Meteora World Tour but this recording is still great to have. Perhaps the biggest reason as to why I don’t love the Meteora World Tour is because I find all the audience recordings from it to be of terrible quality. This one is decent though. I’d love a DSP from a show on this tour. 

Band was absolutely on fire in 2004. Everything was fresh, only 3 (and HTEP) albums to pull from. Tons of deep cuts that would later get dropped or rotated in the later years. Really lucky to have been a fan during this era. 

7 minutes ago, PartOfMe said:

I would like someone to someday find some audio recording of the band when it was still hybrid theory

Same. Would be epic to have a show from like 1999 or whatever. Has to be a recording out there, either people don’t know about it or someone has it stored somewhere and doesn’t realize it, etc. Look at the recent clip of Xero playing in 1998 for example. Was online since 2014 yet nobody knew about it. And also before that I bet the taper didn’t even realize how rare it was. 

yes it would be very epic a 1999 recording for sure they sang a lot of rare songs like: Slip, So Far Away, Carousel. and my dream to see them sing songs like that on stage

28 minutes ago, Garret said:

Mesmo. Seria épico ter um show de 1999 ou o que seja. Tem que haver uma gravação por aí, ou as pessoas não sabem disso ou alguém a armazena em algum lugar e não percebe, etc. Veja o clipe recente do Xero tocando em 1998, por exemplo. Estava online desde 2014, mas ninguém sabia disso. E também antes disso, aposto que o cone nem percebia o quão raro era. 

Yeah i'm trying to get slayer Off of him but he want's shows that's doesn't even exist yet or hard to obtain

Updated the show page with a few notes from the show as well as the recording. Listened yesterday, will give it another listen today. Great show.

Chester's scream on the Faint bridge is so intense he has to skip the next scream part, haha.

Huge fan of the encore. My December, P5hng, APFMH, OSC is maybe the best run of four songs they've ever done in a show.

4 hours ago, Hahninator said:

Updated the show page with a few notes from the show as well as the recording. Listened yesterday, will give it another listen today. Great show.

Chester's scream on the Faint bridge is so intense he has to skip the next scream part, haha.

Huge fan of the encore. My December, P5hng, APFMH, OSC is maybe the best run of four songs they've ever done in a show.

Yeah it’s embarrassing to listen to Chester scream at a show from 2009-2017. This is way better. Love it. 

And yeah the encore is a dope group of songs. 

Thank you felipeintheend :)
That's way better than Youtube rips.

And especially thank you for your hard work with all of your rare stuff you bring to us :)

This Madison show is one of my favourite shows now...great quality and awesome performance!
I think sometimes we just can't believe how such old stuff is still obtained.

38 minutes ago, Phoenix220 said:

Thank you felipeintheend :)
That's way better than Youtube rips.

And especially thank you for your hard work with all of your rare stuff you bring to us :)

This Madison show is one of my favourite shows now...great quality and awesome performance!
I think sometimes we just can't believe how such old stuff is still obtained.

You are welcome bud!

Me and Mark get always surprised when we discover new sources for shows. Some we just keep silence until we can obtain it and release.

Hope more like these come out.